News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk is set for February 17 in Saudi Arabia

Who’s going to win?

• Total voters
AKA the uneducated.

They've just proven the fight is meaningless.
The Saudis don't care if it makes money - its not about that and never was.

Clearly this fight has been in the works for sometime and Fury will have wanted a tune up before it, but he wouldn't be fighting anyone dangerous in that and the Saudis want exposure so someone with some name value and as little risk to Fury as possible was required - enter Francis.

The Saudis do this shit to launder their international reputation and encourage tourism, its the same as NEOM and buying Ronaldo. The advantage they have is not caring how much cash they have to sink in pursuit of the outcome they want.

here's a 100% serious question, not just for you but for everyone in the thread.
IF Ngannou somehow does the impossible and KOs/TKOs Fury, what effect would that have on this potential undisputed matchup?

dude, I can't even process this. it would turn the HW division upside down.

I imagine the Saudis shelling out some serious money to make this fight happen.

they are terrible, and a morally bankrupt leadership/elite class, but at least they know how to make fights happen.

if you dont think the image of Fury being stopped or KO'd by Ngannou would have any effect on the undisputed fight with Usyk, ive got a wind farm on the moon to sell you.
just the memes alone from Usyk would be savage as hell.
I only care about the fight happening, not what people think of it. I couldn’t care less about what people think.

Like okay, Fury losing would break your heart but to be perfectly honest with you, I don’t give a shit.

You think there’s a clause in their contract that says the fight is cancelled if Fury loses to Ngannou?
I don't think anyone believes it will happen so such a clause is not required.

In the million to one universe that Francis KOs Fury then the Saudis will simply pay whatever they have to put on the rematch instead.

Reactions: mon
dude, I can't even process this. it would turn the HW division upside down.

I imagine the Saudis shelling out some serious money to make this fight happen.

they are terrible, and a morally bankrupt leadership/elite class, but at least they know how to make fights happen.

Just think of all the great fights we could have had if the Saudis started doing this 20/30/40 years ago. Prime Money v Pac and prime Tyson v Holy for a start. Lewis v Bowe. Sugar Ray v Hawk. Sigh

I don't think anyone believes it will happen so such a clause is not required.

In the million to one universe that Francis KOs Fury then the Saudis will simply pay whatever they have to put on the rematch instead.
Failing to show up for a fight of that magnitude without legal ground would result in a fine so big the breaching party would end up in bankruptcy.

Just think of all the great fights we could have had if the Saudis started doing this 20/30/40 years ago. Prime Money v Pac and prime Tyson v Holy for a start. Lewis v Bowe. Sugar Ray v Hawk. Sigh

exactly.

They should have tackled the Crawford/Spence issue a long ago.

I only care about the fight happening, not what people think of it. I couldn’t care less about what people think.

Like okay, Fury losing would break your heart but to be perfectly honest with you, I don’t give a shit.
think about things other than yourself for a second, if thats even possible.
if Fury gets KO'd by Ngannou, boxing as a whole would take a massive reputational dive. a guy with literally 0 boxing fights just knocked out the lineal heavyweight champion of the world? the hit that boxing's image would take could render the undisputed fight as a joke to some fans. as a result, sales for the fight would likely be affected negatively. then there's the problem of a former MMA champion now being the lineal heavyweight champion of the world. that would have to be reconciled and Fury would absolutely want a rematch. which may then delay the undisputed fight because Fury wants to get that one back. and then we're back to the Usyk fight not happening.
boxing's legitimacy in the public eye is already incredibly damaged. Ngannou winning would be another nail in the coffin. you think about any of this, cupcake?

Failing to show up for a fight of that magnitude without legal ground would result in a fine so big the breaching party would end up in bankruptcy.

No one would be failing to show up for it - this the Saudis' show, they decide and they are doing this to put on the biggest boxing match in the world today.

They will not be doing that for an undisputed title fight involving a champion who just got KO'd by a non-boxer. Of course there will be legal outs in the contract to allow them to do whatever they want.

Regardless this is a stupid and futile conversation, we'd be as well just sitting around and debating what will happen to the fight if either guy suffers a freak training accident. Is it possible? Technically yes, worthy of serious discussion? Not really

Frank says hopefully December 23 but they have til the end of Riyadh season in March to put it on.

has anyone actually seen Frank fighting with boxing gloves on, he can barely fucking move his hands

if he lasts 4 rounds i would be amazed, he probably wont last 2

Not only did Fury come in fatter than usual for the press conference, but he also signed to fight Usyk a few months later. This is Francis only chance to catch Fury slipping, he's being severely overlooked and under estimated here.
Right fully so imo, but yes it gives Francis hope I guess.

has anyone actually seen Frank fighting with boxing gloves on, he can barely fucking move his hands

if he lasts 4 rounds i would be amazed, he probably wont last 2
Yeah he has power and thats about it...it is possible it catches Fury but very unlikely and IMO after about 2-3 rounds Francis will be gassed and dead in the water so to speak.

Has Francis ever faced anyone actually bigger than him? I think fury tosses the dosser quickly and then turns his focus right to usyk

Glad it’s signed! Finally get an Undisputed after all this time!

Yeah he has power and thats about it...it is possible it catches Fury but very unlikely and IMO after about 2-3 rounds Francis will be gassed and dead in the water so to speak.

he isnt catching Fury ever, the guy cant box, his sparring footage with Tyson is hilarious, he cant jab, he cant set up....Fury will toy with him

Would have certainly liked to see Usyk/Wilder and Fury/Ruiz first but obviously this is the main match everyone wants.

Hope it happens. I think Fury will make a lot of people here look fairly foolish if it does. Either way I like both fighters, if Fury goes through with this his stupid ass antics are forgiven..

Reactions: mon
Back