Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz in the Works For UFC 219

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Fuck it lol

GSP vs Bisping ended up being good.

Send me the bill for PPV

Hope it's Ferg vs Diaz because Diaz is for sure fighting at 219.

This should be fun wonder if Twood goes full wrestler to negate Nates pressure

Seriously... Just give RDA the damn fight.

Maybe WME thinks of Nate as this big draw..not realizing Conor was the drawing power of those two bouts.

Just because he is insistent on getting millions per fight doesn't mean he'll bring a million buys.

I feel you. This shit is ridiculous. It's a circus. Act like a professional organization, and give us the matchups that make the most sense. Don't give us this? I mean jesus.
I really thought they were done with this. I never though it would ever get this bad. I mean Diaz? Nate fucking Diaz? Really? And at Welterweight?

God just saying it makes my head hurt. Man what a fucking disregard for rankings and utter disrespect for all of these active hard working fighters. This has to be a joke. A really stupid joke.

I gave a sympathy vote for Diaz but this fight shouldn't be sanctioned, Woodley would murder him.

6_H4k4GrmRkKQW9hR6nn07j33PgGtUTsEkBcltXwvF5vdB5rhLvgRI6zK9cnUClFfDtnaO43Fg=w500-h209-nc

For the WW title or just for a "fun matchup?"

The funny thing is that it's actually an interesting match. Tyron is much physically stronger and has the vicious power and dynamic takedowns but Nate is far more active and has far better conditioning. Nate can pour it on deep in a five round fight. Tyron tends to conserve his energy over 25 minutes with brief spurts of violent offense.

Nate could theoretically get significantly up on the cards if he manages to land his high volume strikes and Tyron concedes rounds on inactivity. Tyron could blast double Nate to the ground, no doubt but can he manage to do that over five rounds? I doubt it because Nate will be attacking from the bottom and Tyron is very high on energy management in these five round fights.

Basically, there's no doubt in my mind that Tyron has the power to badly hurt even a durable Diaz, but if he can't put him away, the fight gets very interesting in my opinion.
Bruh... If Woodley gets tired he could just lay on diaz.

This should be fun wonder if Twood goes full wrestler to negate Nates pressure

I see it as a fun fight too just annoying that Nate leapfrogs a division.

Now imagine Nate outworks him and gasses him out and takes the belt. I would virtually guarantee Conor's next fight is for the WW title rather than unifying with Tony if that happened lol.

I really thought they were done with this. I never though it would ever get this bad. I mean Diaz? Nate fucking Diaz? Really? And at Welterweight?

God just saying it makes my head hurt. Man what a fucking disregard for rankings and utter disrespect for all of these active hard working fighters. This has to be a joke. A really stupid joke.
My thoughts Exactly.

there Isn't much of a difference between either Diaz bro at this point from where I'm sitting. Nate's In his prime. The biggest distinguishing factor before was their boxing, Nick's was always on a different level. That Isn't really the case anymore.

Nate stepped up his hands a lot since the MJ fight , I'd say the difference between the two on the feet Is negligible. Slightly different styles as Andre ward eluded to. Otherwise they possess almost all the same attributes. Iron chin, endless cardio, extremely tenacious boxers, great bottom game.

Nate poses the same stylistic threat that Nick would have, except I believe Nate has always been slightly more crafty with his jiu jitsu.

Overall this Is a good fight and hopefully after all Is said and done, people will re evaluate where they rank Nate Diaz.

It's painful to see how horribly he's been underrated just because of a dislike towards Conor.

He's Improved leaps and bounds over the last few years but people still act like he's the same fighter who got stopped by thompson and bendo 5 years ago.

Sorry, but fighters actually evolve over time.

That said, I understand the wanting a sort of hierarchy of deservedness..but who else Is there really for Woodley to fight. If It's not GSP, there's really nobody else. Nobody wants to see woodley covington. So, you can understand why the UFC would make such a decision.

Yeah, I thought about it all day today. It's bad enough to make me want to bail and move on to something else. I love MMA too, I can't imagine what my weekly schedule would be like without it. Although, I got to the point in my MMA watching where I would actually watch other cards live over Bellator (AXS shows, what's up) because of how bad that one got. That "heavyweight" tournament they have over there grosses me out too, so it's really a combination of factors completely souring me from MMA lately, but this would be the straw that broke the camel's back. Even 217 and FN Norfolk couldn't save it.
Can't quit as long as Bruce Buffer is screaming hype and dank meme's run rampant on Sherdog.

I hope this isn't true, I don't wanna see Nate get dieded :(

I don’t get the demand for Diaz.

I’ve been watching the game for almost a decade now. Nate’s been nothing but a journeymen the whole time. His win against Conor was an anomaly. If only causal knew that Nate was really just an average welterweight and a decent lightweight.
Anomaly? You do realize he almost won the second fight… You do realize he almost close the show in that fucking second fight.... oh boy

Whoever selected Nate should have their MMA viewing licenses revoked and permanently suspended. Conor has better chances at KO'ing Mayweather with Teh Right and 20 oz gloves.

Back