Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz in the Works For UFC 219

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Woodley will pull a lost from from certain victory then Diaz/mcgregor 3. Another chance for mcgregor title.

Then I'm officially done

Out? In what capacity? Serious question.
I'll stop watching, stop buying PPVs, stop writing articles about the UFC, stop posting about it, and stop thinking about it. Altogether. I haven't decided if I'll watch other promotions, since I do watch so many of the others, but it seriously will turn me off of the sport for real.

RWVqq2Ro_400x400.jpg

I would rather fucking see this tool fight Woodley.
So would I. And that's saying a lot. Covington is fucking unbearable.

For the WW title or just for a "fun matchup?"

The funny thing is that it's actually an interesting match. Tyron is much physically stronger and has the vicious power and dynamic takedowns but Nate is far more active and has far better conditioning. Nate can pour it on deep in a five round fight. Tyron tends to conserve his energy over 25 minutes with brief spurts of violent offense.

Nate could theoretically get significantly up on the cards if he manages to land his high volume strikes and Tyron concedes rounds on inactivity. Tyron could blast double Nate to the ground, no doubt but can he manage to do that over five rounds? I doubt it because Nate will be attacking from the bottom and Tyron is very high on energy management in these five round fights.

Basically, there's no doubt in my mind that Tyron has the power to badly hurt even a durable Diaz, but if he can't put him away, the fight gets very interesting in my opinion.

Did NOT see that coming. WTF? Rooting for punk ass Nick Diaz to take out whiney, racist Tyron. Kinda Like Hilary vs. Trump...can't we do better?

Money fight for Tyron? Tyron owns Nate 9/10 times.

I don't know what pisses me off more. Tyron getting a free title defense or Nate getting an instant title shot.

Oh no wait I know what pisses me off the most. It's that if Nate somehow, by making a deal with Satan himself, beats Tyron against all odds then he will be champ. And Then there is no fucking chance in hell that Conor defends his LW title.THAT PISSES ME OFF A LOT!

Wow this is just the worst week or so for MMA. Pullouts, drama, and shit matchmaking.
I think that's the plan my dude. If Diaz wins. ConorMctity challenges Diaz for the ww belt.

I'll stop watching, stop buying PPVs, stop writing articles about the UFC, stop posting about it, and stop thinking about it. Altogether. I haven't decided if I'll watch other promotions, since I do watch so many of the others, but it seriously will turn me off of the sport for real.

Really? Wow. That's a fucking shame, man. I'll never get to that point. Ever. I'll still even order the card since I usually split it with so many people. But yes, it's tough.

Yup, more than likely.

I am sure Rogan and co will say ''Woodley is great at takedowns but Nate has great BJJ on the ground'' blah blah blah blah, but will fail to mention that Nate has been controlled so many times on the ground by basic wrestlers. I mean even guys like Gray Maynard and Clay Guida gave him an ass whopping on the ground. .

Yup, more than likely.

I am sure Rogan and co will say ''Woodley is great at takedowns but Nate has great BJJ on the ground'' blah blah blah blah, but will fail to mention that Nate has been controlled so many times on the ground by basic wrestlers. I mean even guys like Gray Maynard and Clay Guida gave him an ass whopping on the ground. .

Holy fuck my life if this shit happens.

I don’t get the demand for Diaz.

I’ve been watching the game for almost a decade now. Nate’s been nothing but a journeymen the whole time. His win against Conor was an anomaly. If only causal knew that Nate was really just an average welterweight and a decent lightweight.

He was is and will be a tough matchup for McGregor purely cause the volume and cardio and durability. It's the same reason that Tony is a rough match for Conor on paper (though Tony is definitely the better overall fighter, which doesn't bode well for McG). Conor is really good, but his cardio is average. Nate is not an elite fighter, as you said, but one thing he brings is the conditioning and the volume. Conor was tooling Nate in the earlygoing of their second fight but Nate managed to make it quite close cause of those assets he brings that can exploit some of Conor's weaknesses.

Really? Wow. That's a fucking shame, man. I'll never get to that point. Ever. I'll still even order the card since I usually split it with so many people. But yes, it's tough.
Sadly, the UFC will probably still get my money too. Shames me to say, but they probably will.

I think that's the plan my dude. If Diaz wins. ConorMctity challenges Diaz for the ww belt.
If that happens I'm never buying another PPV. Fuck tbh I may stop watching altogether for a while. I may just check up on a hand full of fighters every now and then. I would be so livid. I love this sport I really do but the UFC is becoming a complete fucking joke.

This is just next level stupid. This can't actually be for the WW title, righf?

I've never been as disappointed in the sport (read: UFC) as I have when someone rumored that a) Diaz was starting a training camp, and 2) it could be Woodley. I've been watching this stuff for 22 years, since UFC 6, and this is just an entirely new level of ugh. I've survived bad/undeserved title shots, mismatches, bad marketing, dumb moves, and horrible PPVs that I wish I could have gotten my money back for. With this, I don't have enough reaction gifs to show how much I loathe this potential matchup.

First five responses and no "I'm not surprised mother fuckers"?

You guys are falling off.

But, joke match up. WME trying to get paid.

Sadly, the UFC will probably still get my money too. Shames me to say, but they probably will.

I love MMA too much. While this is a fucking debacle of epic proportions, I've been watching MMA since cards were dirt cheap and had to wait months for an ordering opportunity; when a Wednesday night spike TV card was fucking epic. I can't quit this sport but man this is a fucking joke.

If that happens I'm never buying another PPV. Fuck tbh I may stop watching altogether for a while. I may just check up on a hand full of fighters every now and then. I would be so livid. I love this sport I really do but the UFC is becoming a complete fucking joke.
I feel you. This shit is ridiculous. It's a circus. Act like a professional organization, and give us the matchups that make the most sense. Don't give us this? I mean jesus.

Its all a conspiracy to ruin Nate's legs and tenderize him so that Conor can KO him in the RM, plus it boosts Woodley's popularity at the same time.

Just kidding. Makes sense though...

Watch Nate come out massive and checking kicks, defending TDs and stuff.

I'm hyped. War Nate

Back