Tyron Woodley: The best striker in the WW division despite more or less only using one move?

he is the best striker because he is the most effective striker

Footwork is his advantage over the rest of the division and the gap is only getting wider as Tyron's improving it.

Wrestling and a good punch will only take you so far, footwork will take you to unthinkable heights.

If not, who is?

He outstruck Wonderboy (×2), Knocked down Till, KO'd Lawler, TKO'd Condit (threw a kick for once), possibly outstruck Gastelum (now a MW).

He more or less waits for the opponent, and primarily waits for one overhand. His wrestling definitely aids this process though but he doesn't always rely on the wrestling. I don't know how he does with Ponzinibbio before taking him down.

His striking consists of stand there, wait till they come close enough then punch them in the face with the right hand.

For the goat striker he sure wrestles a lot instead of striking

You're dumb.
Says the guy that doesn't know what a strawman is. He didn't argue against someone else's argument by using a position they never stated, he simply offerred his own argument for why he thinks Woodley/Rory II would have a different result.

Woodley is currently the best MMA striker at WW at the moment.

Woodley vs Rory 2 should happen before either fighter retires.

I'm not even sure if oponnents study Tyron, like seriously. Darren Till did same mistake like few other fighters finished by Woodley.
Woodley closes distance deceptively fast. Explodes on his opponents like a rocket and it’s apparently very hard to anticipate.

Says the guy that doesn't know what a strawman is. He didn't argue against someone else's argument by using a position they never stated, he simply offerred his own argument for why he thinks Woodley/Rory II would have a different result.

Read his post again dumb ass....

Makes Rory's performance against him look that much better everytime he destroys an opponent.
and make Woodley's performance against Lawler/Condit/Thompson look much better everytime i see them beat Rory.
Rory beat Woodley 1 time doesn't mean that he has better legacy than Woodley, and the rematch will be different,i wont sure who will win but i'm pretty sure Woodley will fight different.
Read his post again dumb ass....
lol you still don't understand what a strawman is and continue to say this is one despite being told differently by someone that's your intellectual superior. You just double and triple down on your own stupidity. I would say that type of attitude won't get you far in life, but apparently it can get you in the White House now!

If not, who is?

He outstruck Wonderboy (×2), Knocked down Till, KO'd Lawler, TKO'd Condit (threw a kick for once), possibly outstruck Gastelum (now a MW).

He more or less waits for the opponent, and primarily waits for one overhand. His wrestling definitely aids this process though but he doesn't always rely on the wrestling. I don't know how he does with Ponzinibbio before taking him down.

He'd do the same to eyepoker Ponzinibbio. Tyron is fast and accurate that's why his boxing works

Tyron is a great strategist and I can't believe people are just now fully recognizing that fact. Sure he took some L's but he's figured it out.

I think Dana and a whole bunch of people unfairly judged him against Wonder Boy and Maia. Probably because he's less likeable? Or maybe it's because he's black (according to Tyron). Seriously, how else do you fight those guys and win? He played the game and kept the title.

Also his striking is clearly gotten much better. Great timing, posture, he's really put it together. He is one of the better strikers at WW, his record against strikers lately speaks to that. Dudes a phenom and no one caught on because he was fighting puzzles and isn't charismatic.

lol you still don't understand what a strawman is and continue to say this is one despite being told differently by someone that's your intellectual superior. You just double and triple down on your own stupidity. I would say that type of attitude won't get you far in life, but apparently it can get you in the White House now!

OK I'll spell it out for you you stupid cunt....

Which part of my original post mentioned about Rory's legacy being better than Woodley's?

You must be a Yank....you people are so thick it is unreal.

Real world results is what matters, prime Woodley is the best WW striker in history

OK I'll spell it out for you you stupid cunt....

Which part of my original post mentioned about Rory's legacy being better than Woodley's?

You must be a Yank....you people are so thick it is unreal.
And what does that have to do with a strawman?

Words have specific meaning, and you using a word incorrectly is your issue, deal with it.

Prime Woodley is the most skilled WW of all time.

His striking is very effective in MMA, partly due to the threat of an explosive TD rendering his opponents weary.

How do you think he would fare in boxing under queensbury rules, or Thai kickboxing bouts?

Question answered.

Back