Tyron Woodley Claims He Is The Greatest UFC Welterweight Ever

Tyron Woodley says he's the greatest UFC welterweight EVER ... better than Georges St-Pierre ... and he won't stop kicking ass until he's proved it to the entire world.

Woodley -- the current UFC champ at 170 -- sat down with TMZ Sports to talk about his upcoming rematch with Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson at UFC 209 in March.

Tyron told us he's looking forward to polishing Thompson off and proving their last fight (which ended in a draw) was a fluke ... but beyond that, he's got some bigger things to prove.

"I'm the best welterweight to ever fight in the Octagon, all I gotta do is keep winning to prove it. I'm more well rounded than Georges St-Pierre, I punch harder."

polishing Thompson off? that sounds kind of hot actually...

1rlPc.gif

HAHA YES, I was looking for this immediately after I read the thread title.

Bait. He's making it too obvious now. Keep it "sane", play the race card as it has been drawing good attention. Even I fell for it at first. Now I just think he's smart as fuck haha

He lost to Jake Shields.

Also:

<-----------

It's the same attitude that makes and also breaks champs. He won't hold the belt for long and hopefully no one else will either. I like the belt changing hands often.

That's a pretty ridiculous statement, he has a lot of work ahead of him before he can be reasonably considered. His biggest problem is lack of talent in his division. Even if he's able to beat Thompson and then Maia, there isn't anyone left to help bolster his claim. Everyone after those two are either older and on the back end of their career, or not quite good enough for the biggest stage.

And to compound that, the UFC's let two, young top-five fighters go in the last year, so that hurts, as well. It's tough to make the claim as greatest when you lost to McDonald and can't get revenge, because he's signed with Bellator. Woodley has a lot of things working against him here, and that's if he's able to keep winning, which I don't think he'll do.

Tyron Woodley says he's the greatest UFC welterweight EVER ... better than Georges St-Pierre ... and he won't stop kicking ass until he's proved it to the entire world.

Woodley -- the current UFC champ at 170 -- sat down with TMZ Sports to talk about his upcoming rematch with Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson at UFC 209 in March.

Tyron told us he's looking forward to polishing Thompson off and proving their last fight (which ended in a draw) was a fluke ... but beyond that, he's got some bigger things to prove.

"I'm the best welterweight to ever fight in the Octagon, all I gotta do is keep winning to prove it. I'm more well rounded than Georges St-Pierre, I punch harder."

he might not be wrong. All time is another matter, skill wise he's arguably the best we've had yet.

Good chance he would've smashed every version of GSP.

But who knows, he needs more time at the top before we can know for sure.

Greatest WW ever couldn't beat Wonderboy and won a split decision over Gastelum

<31>

He's talking that good shit because he's a champion and people respond to champions that talk mountains of trash only to back it up. I mean the backing up part remains to be seen but Conor got it right in that regard. People are figuring out that love or hate doesn't matter as long as they watch.

As a side note though, I don't think even Tyron believes that about himself. Everyone is behind GSP.

Hes talking to the casuals who needs a reason to by hes PPV fight. Nothing to see here, pleas move on

Back