Tyron Woodley Claims He Is The Greatest UFC Welterweight Ever

Sounds like something Conor McGregor would say, I don't see panties getting bunched up when Conor says crazy sh!t...

Last edited:
He's also dillusional and defensive. It's ironic that Jones, Cormier, Johnson, Rampage, and Silva are generally liked (especially Jones considering what a horrible person he is lol) and he claims that people don't like him because he's black. Looking at that list and also considering that some of them have accusations of doing dirty shit and that Woodley so far has been squeeky clean makes me not take anything he says seriously.

I honestly can't see how GSP would beat Woodley. Woodleys wrestling Is elite, no way GSP is just taking him down at will. Woodley is quick, good boxing, has ko power and can fight for 5 rounds. I can't see GSP winning that fight

And if you disgree, you are a goddamn racist !

First he gets to be on McGregor's card, now he gets to be on Khabib's card. He's oozing privilege.

Gets to be on Khabib's card? That's funny.

As ridiculous as Woodley is, he isn't "privileged" to be on someone like Khabib's card.

Tyron Woodley says he's the greatest UFC welterweight EVER ... better than Georges St-Pierre ... and he won't stop kicking ass until he's proved it to the entire world.

Woodley -- the current UFC champ at 170 -- sat down with TMZ Sports to talk about his upcoming rematch with Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson at UFC 209 in March.

Tyron told us he's looking forward to polishing Thompson off and proving their last fight (which ended in a draw) was a fluke ... but beyond that, he's got some bigger things to prove.

"I'm the best welterweight to ever fight in the Octagon, all I gotta do is keep winning to prove it. I'm more well rounded than Georges St-Pierre, I punch harder."

I just rewatched Woodley vs Thompson, and this makes me believe more than ever Thompson will finish Woodley by the 4th round. This video is just marketing himself for a Fight with GSP!

Dude hasn't even defended his title yet. And St Pierre is coming back so he wont be champ for long.

92512346.gif

He said he will prove it, so I will wait before making fun of him. Do I believe he is right? No, I don't.

So, he should think like a beta and underestimate himself?

He is saying what every fighter thinks of themselves, and it is up to him to prove it, by winning. Just like he stated.

Nate Diaz says he has never lost fight.
It's Woodley so it's normal for 97% of Sherdog to hate on him for something that if their favorite fighter did they would see as fine.

Coming from the guy that was ko'd dead by marquart, made to look silly against rory mac...
Marquardt KO'ed Maia dead and he is a title fight away from being the best in the world.

Last edited:
You had a draw with Wonderboy. How can you be the best of all time when you're exactly evenly matched with someone fighting in your division right now?
All the greats have losses not even just draws, not saying he is the greatest but that's a weird line of reasoning.

I honestly can't see how GSP would beat Woodley. Woodleys wrestling Is elite, no way GSP is just taking him down at will. Woodley is quick, good boxing, has ko power and can fight for 5 rounds. I can't see GSP winning that fight
he likes to take some rounds off, that cost him the win over Wonderboy

All the greats have losses, not saying he is the greatest but that's a weird line of reasoning.
All the greats have losses, but it's what they've accomplished in their time at the top that defines them. Tyron's time at the top resulted in...a draw. So it's hard for me to believe that he is, right now, as we speak, the greatest WW of all time when he couldn't beat the #1 contender.

He has potential thats forsure

He actually defends his belt, and doing so against a very very skilled fighter

The delusion is strong with this one, LOL. He is the best at one thing, being ready to run out of the octogon with the belt, like it was a purse.

I just rewatched Woodley vs Thompson, and this makes me believe more than ever Thompson will finish Woodley by the 4th round.
The fight made me think the opposite, if Woodley uses his wrestling more he finishes Thompson.

Back