Two big reasons why I think DC will beat Jones...

Plus, jones has the best fight iq ever and the best coach ever. A rematch favors them.

I'm 33, retard. I assume you know fuck all about how many fighters have competed at the highest level in their 40's in this sport. This isn't the fucking NFL, lol. Show me a fight where DC looked his age..... I'll wait.

There are waaaaay more examples of people declining as they reach 40 than those that continue at a high level, retard.

I like your analysis TS.
I like them both, so I will be happy at the end of the fight, but I do think this time DC will show a better game against Jones.
In the first fight, DC was having success in the pocket and was landing uppercuts. His problem was staying too far out where Jones was picking his body apart. DC has already said he knows that's the biggest problem he had. That and allowing Jones to control his wrists in the clinch. It wasn't such a dominant fight that DC needed to do a complete overhaul. He just needed to make a few minor adjustments to make the fight even closer than it initially was. If he goes into this fight and puts all that into fruition, Jones is gonna have to have a perfect performance to win this.

I also think DC has a better chance of stopping Jones than Jones has of stopping DC on the feet. If one of DC's uppercuts lands clean and on the right spot, I can see Jones going down, or at least getting rocked. Jones' only strike that legitimately can rock DC in my opinion is that forward elbow he kept catching Rashad Evans with.

There are waaaaay more examples of people declining as they reach 40 than those that continue at a high level, retard.
Elaborate on that, fucking moron. I have a full analysis on my opinions, now you do the same. Instead of calling people names like a little pussy on the interwebs, take the responsibility to back up your claims. I want you to give me a specific example as to why you feel DC is declining as a fighter. I will wait......

When you make retarded ass comments, the burden of explanation is on you, not me. I already made my point, moron.

Jones is [...] in the best shape of his life

Based on what?? Him saying so and posting pics of him lifting/looking big?

What we saw vs OSP suggests the opposite; Jones looking sluggish and weary in a fight against a late replacement who was dead in the water 2 rounds in.

I suspect you are not yet familiar how ageing process works.

Dont worry, you will pass 30 oneday and see for yourself.

In a nutshell, there is a hell of a difference going from 26 to 28 years of age than going from 36 to 38.

Just stop. I'm almost 32 and I can't say I differ much to what I was feeling and doing when I was 25. I'm basically in the same great physical condition and I'm working out regularly. So, what you wrote is BS.
I like Cormier's preparation for this fight. He looks to be aging very well and I assume we'll see the best Cormier ever this time.

GrayPalatableAtlanticblackgoby.gif

mWsdSHT.gif

FlawlessShallowHammerheadbird.gif

DC's wrestling looked as sharp as usual, it was just up against a better caliber of MMA wrestler. Idk why someone would expect a boost from Cain in his camp.

Going with Jones by decision in the rematch

Just stop. I'm almost 32 and I can't say I differ much to what I was feeling and doing when I was 25. I'm basically in the same great physical condition and I'm working out regularly. So, what you wrote is BS.
I like Cormier's preparation for this fight. He looks to be aging very well and I assume we'll see the best Cormier ever this time.
The guy who you quoted is most likely a fatass teenager who's never even been off the couch.

DC hasn't shown ONE SINGLE SOLITARY SIGN of aging and being in a physical decline. I'm still waiting for someone to show me evidence of that. When people make claims, the burden of proof is on them.

If DC wins it will change the sport forever.
If DC wins, I fully expect a rubber match within a year of the second fight. If DC can win that one as well, I don't see anyone else beating him in the division any time soon. Both of these guys are head and shoulders above the rest of the division. Jones will likely move up to Heavyweight if he loses to DC twice.

Based on what?? Him saying so and posting pics of him lifting/looking big?

What we saw vs OSP suggests the opposite; Jones looking sluggish and weary in a fight against a late replacement who was dead in the water 2 rounds in.
Let us not forget, not ONLY was OSP a very late replacement, but his arm was broken in the 2nd round and Jones still couldn't finish him. DC would have most likely taken OSP down and choked him out. That's speculation but if I were a betting man, I'd bet good money on that.

I repeat, if you put DC in there with a late replacement OSP and a broken arm, I highly doubt you would ever hear that 5th round bell go off.

The guy who you quoted is most likely a fatass teenager who's never even been off the couch.

DC hasn't shown ONE SINGLE SOLITARY SIGN of aging and being in a physical decline. I'm still waiting for someone to show me evidence of that. When people make claims, the burden of proof is on them.
How about DC never getting rocked or even losing rounds when fighting top HWs, but is now losing fights, rounds, and getting dropped by LHWs?

Father time is undefeated and always will be. Jones has huge advantages going into this fight and will win more easily than last time.

People think DC is going to win because they WANT him to win, or perhaps more accurately they want Jones to lose.

Jones won the first fight comfortably and without being pushed to his limit or having to "dig deep". DC can fight better that last time and he will still lose because Jones can simply turn it up a notch if he needs to, last time he didn't need to.

People talk about the adjustments DC is going to make... Riddle me this- what exactly is he going to adjust to change the fact that Jones is way taller than him with a huge reach advantage and he is much younger and in his prime and an overall better fighter with massive physical advantages?

So far I haven't heard much in the way of a rational explanation from anyone, including DC himself, as to how he actually wins. Even when asked directly about it he talked about what Jones did to him to cause trouble and not about what he could do to Jones.

People think because Jones has had somewhat competitive fights that he is going to lose and they seem be ignoring the clear pattern of Jones doing what he needs to do to win (and not taking unnecessary risks in a fight he is already winning).

How about DC never getting rocked or even losing rounds when fighting top HWs, but is now losing fights, rounds, and getting dropped by LHWs?

Father time is undefeated and always will be. Jones has huge advantages going into this fight and will win more easily than last time.
Yeah because Heavyweights are as fast as Light Heavyweights right? And Heavyweight has always been more talent stacked than Light Heavyweight, right? Lol, try again.

Give me a specific example of DC declining.

His striking looks a bit slower and less powerful against Gus, but that could have been Gus.

He went from tossing around heavyweights and knocking out roided giants to.....pitter patter clinch control.

He barely beat Gus, and with better fight IQ Gus would have won.

I do think he is slowing down a little. We will have a better idea after the upcoming fight. Even an OSP Jones beats him in my opinion. But I am not counting him out. (Just not betting on him :p)

Elaborate on that, fucking moron. I have a full analysis on my opinions, now you do the same. Instead of calling people names like a little pussy on the interwebs, take the responsibility to back up your claims. I want you to give me a specific example as to why you feel DC is declining as a fighter. I will wait......

When you make retarded ass comments, the burden of explanation is on you, not me. I already made my point, moron.

Elaborate on what, dumbass? That people age? That he's been dropped in both his last fights and is approaching forty, two big factors when it comes to how a rematch pans out?
I understand you are new to the sport, and you are obviously fairly stupid, but the guys that stay in great shape up to their forties can be counted using your fingers, which you shouldn't have trouble with.

Elaborate on what, dumbass? That people age? That he's been dropped in both his last fights and is approaching forty, two big factors when it comes to how a rematch pans out?
I understand you are new to the sport, and you are obviously fairly stupid, but the guys that stay in great shape up to their forties can be counted using your fingers, which you shouldn't have trouble with.

People think DC is going to win because they WANT him to win, or perhaps more accurately they want Jones to lose.

Jones won the first fight comfortably and without being pushed to his limit or having to "dig deep". DC can fight better that last time and he will still lose because Jones can simply turn it up a notch if he needs to, last time he didn't need to.

People talk about the adjustments DC is going to make... Riddle me this- what exactly is he going to adjust to change the fact that Jones is way taller than him with a huge reach advantage and he is much younger and in his prime and an overall better fighter with massive physical advantages?

So far I haven't heard much in the way of a rational explanation from anyone, including DC himself, as to how he actually wins. Even when asked directly about it he talked about what Jones did to him to cause trouble and not about what he could do to Jones.

People think because Jones has had somewhat competitive fights that he is going to lose and they seem be ignoring the clear pattern of Jones doing what he needs to do to win (and not taking unnecessary risks in a fight he is already winning).
Jones never had to dig deep? If DC fights better, Jones will 100% still win because he would just "turn it up a notch"? You're a fucking idiot, lol.

So basically what you're saying is, Jon Jones, who hates DC with a passion, went in there and purposefully scrapped by, could have won a lot more dominantly if he chose to "turn it up", but chose to scrape by and win a decision when he could have "demolished" DC? So this is like Hendricks only fighting at 70% right?

It's going to be competitive fight but I don't see him beating Jones I see him getting choked out and make an hw run

Back