Two big reasons why I think DC will beat Jones...

1. No Coke

2. OSP performance

So much cocaine![[\\\\\GYIRTD7U DRYUHFGAS DFADFAAHHRRGGGGGGGGGHHGTTTRRRRRRRRRRRR

HyEM4bj8IQjdK.gif

Jones, Gus and Rumble are more skilled (better fighters p4p) and faster than EVERYONE at HW. DC going 2-1 against them is not a sign he is declining, it is very impressive and shows how good he really is. The top 4 LHW would all do very well at HW. Size isn't everything when comparing opponents.
Cool, so Jones running roughshod over the division should mean he'd kill everyone at HW, right?

The biggest advantage I see DC having is that Jones hasn't faced elite competition since his last fight with DC almost 2 years ago while DC beat Rumble and Gus, 2 of the best mma fighters in the world which has only sharpened DCs game and raised his confidence.

Also the uppercut he used vs Gus was very effective against a taller opponent like him and he didn't use it vs Jones, expect to see a lot more uppercuts from the clinch. I give DC a 50/50 chance here.

As I remember uppercuts in the clinch was DC's best weapon in Jones' fight too.

One obvious reason DC can win this fight is if Jones has slowed down considerably as seemed to happen in his last fight with OSP. Might be due to his weight lifting training, partially could be his age ... I know DC is much older but unlike Jones speed and explosiveness is not one of his weapons.

Cool, so Jones running roughshod over the division should mean he'd kill everyone at HW, right?

Not necessarily. You said DC struggling with LHWs when he used to run through HWs means he's declining as a fighter. That's a poor assumption to make. DC at HW is a better version because he is not cutting 25 lbs, is stronger and just as fast as LHW DC.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jones, DC and Rumble became the top 3 at HW if they all decided to move up. I also think HW DC would do better against HW Jones.

Not necessarily. You said DC struggling with LHWs when he used to run through HWs means he's declining as a fighter. That's a poor assumption to make. DC at HW is a better version because he is not cutting 25 lbs, is stronger and just as fast as LHW DC.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jones, DC and Rumble became the top 3 at HW if they all decided to move up. I also think HW DC would do better against HW Jones.
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. LHW is close to where DC wrestled in and had most of his success, and he clearly has excess body fat which he can lose and won't negatively effect his performance.

I also disagree that HW DC is faster than LHW DC. Body fat certainly won't make you faster. The cut could be an issue, but I believe losing the extra fat would be more beneficial to his speed than cutting some water weight 24 hours earlier would detrimental to it.

BJM reffing is also a factor. If BJM keeps his word and deducts a point upon the first eye poke that helps DC. It seems like Jones always throws in an eye poke when the momentum shifts out of his favor. He strategically does this. If he gets a point deducted right away that helps DC. Unless Jones poked him really good and he's seeing double the whole fight.
Did BJM really say this? great if he did, finally a ref with some brains and balls

Came for the topic

Staying for the playground insult battles

I have enjoyed this thread. Strong saltiness in all directions. Good stuff gentleman.

Did BJM really say this? great if he did, finally a ref with some brains and balls

Yeah, BJM said that he will be deducting points for eye-pokes. When he was designated to referee this bout, someone from Jackson's sent an (I believe it was Jones' manager) e-mail with concerns no NAC director. That's hilarious :D

Back