TWIN PEAKS Revival Discussion

this will be the best show ever.

I rewatched the whole series on the new blu-ray boxset a few weeks back.
It did remind me how the show dropped in the last quarter, but it was still good.

The whole Josie Packard storyline was the worst thing about the show for me, it never really grabbed me.

Will be interesting to see how they work this new series after Agent Cooper's possession by BOB at the end of the last one.

SUPER DUPER EXCITED GUYS

Blows my mind that they are bringing this show back after so long. One of my favorite shows of all time, just so unique.

Update: April 5, 2015

David Lynch Exits TWIN PEAKS Miniseries, Show Will Still Go On

David-Lynch-Twin-Peaks-040515-Dragonlord.jpg

Co-creator David Lynch has new information regarding the rumored cancellation of Twin Peaks's planned third season at Showtime -- and it's not the good news fans had hoped for...but not exactly a cancellation, either. Lynch posted in his Facebook page:

"Dear Facebook Friends, Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks. After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done. This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing. Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime. I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently."

Many had expected this news, since Lynch made cryptic remarks in mid-March that he was still working on the contracts, while Showtime seemed to be staying the course. Back in mid-March, co-creator David Lynch said that they were still working out a deal with Showtime and production had not started yet. Lynch has reportedly turned in all of the scripts already and was expected to direct a nine-episode miniseries set in the world of the eccentric logging town he introduced to television 25 years ago.

Reports indicated that all of the scripts, written by Lynch and co-creator Mark Frost, had already been submitted to Showtime. It's still unknown whether the cast, notoriously faithful to Lynch, would move forward in a revival without his direct involvement or at least consent.

David Lynch Exits Showtime's Twin Peaks Limited Series, Show Will Still Go On

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! This should have been HBO all the way from the beginning.

I hope Showtime doesn't own Twin Peaks now and it's held up in some legal limbo hell for years.

Yeah I just read this. Bummer. I had high hopes..

^ you know what though, lynch directed very few episodes. i would be happy if him and frost wrote the script which it seems they did.
there is still hope.

i need to know how annie is already

Update: May 15, 2015

David Lynch Returns to TWIN PEAKS, Will Direct All Episodes

2cy1bep.jpg

How's this for a way to start the weekend: Showtime's Twin Peaks revival is all systems go. Following a squabble with Showtime, David Lynch announced Friday via Twitter that he has resolved his salary and budgetary standoff with the premium cable network.

"Dear Twitter Friends, the rumors are not what they seem ..... It is !!! Happening again. #TwinPeaks returns on @SHO_Network," he wrote. Not only is the stalemate over, but Showtime has committed to producing more than the nine episodes originally ordered.

"This damn fine cup of coffee from Mark and David tastes more delicious than ever," Showtime president David Nevins said in a statement Friday confirming the news. "Totally worth the extra brewing time and the cup is even bigger than we expected. David will direct the whole thing which will total more than the originally announced nine hours. Preproduction starts now!!

they keep fucking with me! This HAS to be great. if it's not :(

Back