TWIN PEAKS Revival Discussion

[YT]nNHsA4WIFvc[/YT]

wow, I never really watched twin peaks but my older brother loved it, I can never forget that theme song. I knew exactly how it went before I played the video.

Hearing it now after all these years, I'm amazed! It could totally be a song from final fantasy 7! does anyone else hear this similar style?

I watched 2 episodes of the original. Didn't like it at all, not my thing I guess. Didn't see like it's aged well at all.

I couldn't be more stoked about this news

that gum you like is going to come back in style

wrestlg-WWE-in-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-947.gif

I am super stoked after hearing this news. Also glad its going to be on Showtime. Hopefully it will be a lot darker than the series (sort of like the prequel movie was).

How is Audrey Horne looking these days?

I am super stoked after hearing this news. Also glad its going to be on Showtime. Hopefully it will be a lot darker than the series (sort of like the prequel movie was).

How is Audrey Horne looking these days?

I was not too happy with Fire walk with me, but this song was haunting.

A different Donna was pretty odd.

This is where pies die and go to heaven.

Also stoked it's going to be on Showtime.

Leland was p4p the creepiest dad imo

He was. Him and Bob put together was just genius because they were both terrifying.
When he broke down dancing by the piano, just incredibly creepy.

And this is just disturbing, the music makes it too:

[YT]1F8gLejzxLk[/YT]

He was. Him and Bob put together was just genius because they were both terrifying.
When he broke down dancing by the piano, just incredibly creepy.

And this is just disturbing, the music makes it too:

[YT]1F8gLejzxLk[/YT]

oh he is still around on Newsreaders

[YT]HtfPnGL6pMQ[/YT]

Update: October 7, 2014

TWIN PEAKS Co-Creator Mark Frost Talks About the Miniseries

Twin-Peaks-MacLachlan-100714-Dragonlord.jpg

Mark Frost: "David [Lynch] and I stayed in touch and remained closed friends throughout all these years. It was about three years ago this summer we were having lunch at [famed Hollywood eatery] Musso & Frank, where we often used to go. And we were just kicking stuff around and we started getting some ideas in our heads about Twin Peaks. Suddenly, it felt like a place we wanted to visit again. And that was the kickoff."

"We didn't go to anybody else. Showtime was the first and only [network] we spoke to about this. There was a nice sense of continuity there, because Gary Levine, who's the right-hand man to [Showtime president] David Nevins, was our [creative] representative on the show when we were on ABC."

"It is not a remake. The story continues. The seeds of where we go were planted where we've been. Not really [a season 3], but just because my brain doesn't work that way. I've always said that Twin Peaks to me was like a novel we filmed every page of. So this is more like we found another volume of the saga, and now we want to bring that to life too."

"Those who want to see old faces, and those would like to see new faces, none of them will be disappointed. It's far too early to talk specifics about people. We're not at that stage in the process. I think there will be a lot of things that people have wanted to know over the years that if they pay close attention, they are going to be satisfied."

[On learning from past mistakes] "I think what we've learned is you've gotta have a very strong central path through the woods. It's fine to have tributaries and streams, and little byways, but ultimately, that path through the woods has to be very dark, clear and dangerous. That's the path we're going to keep to. There'll be, I hope, a healthy percentage of delightful sidelines or paths off to the side, but there aren't any shortcuts. You've gotta follow that main path."

[On the season 2 cliffhanger finale] "At the time, we were doing whatever we could to get ABC to say yes to a third season. That was very much part of our thinking. It turned out to be a pretty good stopping place, if it had never gone anywhere else, it had at least had an exclamation point at the end of it. Now we have a chance to write the next sentence."

Twin Peaks: Exec Producer Mark Frost Talks Returning Cast, Storyline and More

Twin Peaks Mark Frost On Limited Series: How It Happened, Who Will Be Back

Mark Frost: 'We Had to Go Somewhere New and Different and Even More Startling'

I loved this show when it first aired. I was only 12 and none of my friends watched it, but it was so crazy and creepy. Bob gave me nightmares for years. Haven't watched it since I grew up but I may do it soon just to see if it stands the test of time.

Can't wait for the new series too. Showtime is the perfect channel to air this.

I was around 16 when the show first aired. I didn't immediately watch it until such time when the show was receiving an overwhelming amount of buzz from the media that I decided to check it out. Love the show, one of my favorites of all time but haven't watched it since the early 90s.

wow, I never really watched twin peaks but my older brother loved it, I can never forget that theme song. I knew exactly how it went before I played the video.

Hearing it now after all these years, I'm amazed! It could totally be a song from final fantasy 7! does anyone else hear this similar style?

Listening to the haunting but beautiful theme just brings back a lot of memories and emotions.

The first sign of this actually happening was when both Lynch and Frost tweeted "that gum you like is going to come back in style #damngoodcoffee" at the exact same time.

Twin Tweets. I love it.

Update: January 12, 2015

Kyle MacLachlan Returns as Agent Cooper in New TWIN PEAKS

Kyle-MacLachlan-Twin-Peaks-011215-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: Kyle MacLachlan will reprise his role as FBI Agent Dale Cooper when the critically-acclaimed, ground breaking television phenomenon Twin Peaks returns as a new limited series on Showtime. Series creators and executive producers David Lynch and Mark Frost are on board to write and produce all nine episodes of the limited series. David Lynch will direct every episode. Twin Peaks will go into production in 2015 to air on the network in 2016, marking the 25th anniversary of when the program last aired.

Set in the present day, Twin Peaks will continue the lore of the original series, providing long-awaited answers for the series' passionate fan base. For viewers hoping to reminisce or for those discovering the series for the first time, Showtime will re-air the first two seasons of Twin Peaks, in advance of the new episodes going on air in 2016.

Widely considered one of the most groundbreaking and influential broadcast series of all time, Twin Peaks followed the inhabitants of a quaint northwestern town who were stunned after their homecoming queen Laura Palmer is shockingly murdered. The town's sheriff welcomed the help of FBI agent Dale Cooper, who came to town to investigate the case. As Cooper conducted his search for Laura's killer, the town's secrets were gradually exposed. The mystery that ensued set off an eerie chain of events that plunged the inhabitants of Twin Peaks into a darker examination of their very existence. Twenty-five years later, the story continues...

Kyle MacLachlan to Return as FBI Agent Dale Cooper in TWIN PEAKS Limited Series

Back