TWIN PEAKS Revival Discussion

I was absolutely blown away by the entire episode. This was one of the best hours of film making I've ever witnessed. We should all stop and smell the flowers while Lynch is still making film.

This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within.

So what does everyone think about the episode and the nuclear weapon scene more specifically? For me it brought up thoughts about metaphysics, the Hadron collider, the impact humans have on the world in its many layers unknowingly, and also the observer effect.

Last edited:
Get ready to be completley mind fucked.

Cant believe no one else has posted in this thread yet. I thought a lot of people were watching Twin Peaks

Yeah latest episode was crazy to say the least. I had to let that episode sink in a bit.
I think the insect that crawled in the girls mouth was bob? So the nuke caused a rip into another dimension where we saw the force of good {Giant} and evil Bob (Insect)

Yeah latest episode was crazy to say the least. I had to let that episode sink in a bit.
I think the insect that crawled in the girls mouth was bob? So the nuke caused a rip into another dimension where we saw the force of good {Giant} and evil Bob (Insect)

I don't think the insect was Bob, it was a sort of aid sent by the giant as the sequence of how the shots were edited led me to believe.

When that tear in time/space occurred as a result of the nuclear bomb, something otherworldly bled into ours.

Edit: the insects were not the sent by the giant so I was wrobg about that. They seem to be the bad guys and workin in conjunction with bob. J would really like to know the difference between the eggs, the orb(s), and the ghost-like people that showed up at the station.

Last edited:
Episode 8 was fucking amazing. That was insane

Lol at people caling this season shit. You might not care for it, but that doesn't make it shit. Probably the most creative show on tv right now, not just story/plot wise but also art direction to go along with its mythology.

I thought episode 8 was for the most part straight forward, if you thought the last half of the episode didn't make sense or unnecessary then that's on you if you need a story spoon fed to you with minimal thinking required on your end.

Lol at people caling this season shit. You might not care for it, but that doesn't make it shit. Probably the most creative show on tv right now, not just story/plot wise but also art direction to go along with its mythology.

I thought episode 8 was for the most part straight forward, if you thought the last half of the episode didn't make sense or unnecessary then that's on you if you need a story spoon fed to you with minimal thinking required on your end.

Well said. My only real issue is that I wish there were more scenes in Twin Peaks itself but once you begin to consider season 3 as its own thing (and not necessarily just more Twin Peaks), you get over it. Another issue is that on a few occasions the pacing is far too slow (specially in some Dougie scenes). I appreciate slow paced film but it was a little too much.

So what is the over/under that tonight's episode is back to all Dougie or something even more out there than last episode?

Me caring for it or not does not make it shit. A lot of it is weird just to be weird. Tonight's episode was decent, although I wished that woman fbi agent would have just bitch slapped matthew illard. Oh, and Laura Dern looks like my grandmother 10 years ago. WTH?

Also, the most creative show on TV right now is Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell.

This episode was better than the last, because it feels like the pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together, but I'm not gonna lie. I'm just counting down the episodes until it's over. The hype is gone for me.

I am left wondering how many of these new characters we've been introduced to are going to have a plot arc, or were they just cameos for the sake of ?

Andy and Lucy really annoy me. I was hoping if we saw Andy again that it would be a continuation of his hit n run investigation...instead we get chair shopping.

I don't think the insect was Bob, it was a sort of aid sent by the giant as the sequence of how the shots were edited led me to believe.
Pretty sure when we saw the strange female figure spewing that stream of whatever it was, a bunch of those eggs were visible in the stream alongside the BOB orb. So either because BOB was in his own orb separate from the eggs it could mean the eggs are not BOB, although I still think they are for sure evil, or it could mean that all the eggs are BOB. After all, the creature that hatched from the egg somehow knew to go to that girl's house and crawl in her mouth while she was put to sleep by the message on the radio, so to me they were obviously working together somehow. Besides does that egg creature really look like a force for good to you?

We're going to see Bobby, Hawk, and Truman enter the waiting room or one of the lodges soon it seems. Multiple sides to the story are going to pick up on the two Coopers thing soon. Half the season left to go, so plenty of time.

We're going to see Bobby, Hawk, and Truman enter the waiting room or one of the lodges soon it seems. Multiple sides to the story are going to pick up on the two Coopers thing soon. Half the season left to go, so plenty of time.
The fingerprints the Vegas cops get from Dougie's coffee mug should lead to some interesting developments as well.

Pretty sure when we saw the strange female figure spewing that stream of whatever it was, a bunch of those eggs were visible in the stream alongside the BOB orb. So either because BOB was in his own orb separate from the eggs it could mean the eggs are not BOB, although I still think they are for sure evil, or it could mean that all the eggs are BOB. After all, the creature that hatched from the egg somehow knew to go to that girl's house and crawl in her mouth while she was put to sleep by the message on the radio, so to me they were obviously working together somehow. Besides does that egg creature really look like a force for good to you?

The fact that I have watched all the new season's episodes to date, and have absolutely no idea what the fuck this post is referring to is a testament to David Lynch's writing abilities. Jesus. I like to think that I'm an observant viewer, but what in the fuck.

I was absolutely blown away by the entire episode. This was one of the best hours of film making I've ever witnessed. We should all stop and smell the flowers while Lynch is still making film.

So what does everyone think about the episode and the nuclear weapon scene more specifically? For me it brought up thoughts about metaphysics, the Hadron collider, the impact humans have on the world in its many layers unknowingly, and also the observer effect.

I missed out on this episode to watch Fight Night and only just caught up before E9 last night. This part, along with Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima, really stuck with me. Probably my favorite episode of the new season so far.

The fact that I have watched all the new season's episodes to date, and have absolutely no idea what the fuck this post is referring to is a testament to David Lynch's writing abilities. Jesus. I like to think that I'm an observant viewer, but what in the fuck.
The female figure, credited as "Experiment" I believe, is seen briefly after the scene inside the nuke. She spews forth a big stream of dark grey stuff, inside of which are many egg-like objects and a black orb containing BOB's head, the same black orb we saw leaving Evil Cooper's chest after he was shot.

The female figure looks to be the same thing that briefly appeared inside the box in NYC in episode 1 or 2, and in fact the same model was used for both scenes. So whoever in is charge of what's going on in NYC seems to be trying to capture it.

The Giant sees the nuke and the BOB orb entering our world, and creates the Laura Palmer orb in response. Right after that we're back in New Mexico and the timeline jumps from 1945 to 1956, an egg is seen hatching in the desert, out of which appears what looks like a amphibian with insect wings. Meanwhile the shadow person or whatever it is goes to the radio station to send out it's message, killing the people there. The message causes people to fall asleep, and the creature from the egg seems to know this is going on, because it goes directly to the girl's house and crawls in her mouth while she's out.

Last edited:
Back