TWIN PEAKS Revival Discussion

I am tapping out after that last episode. I am aware of Lynch's style, and I appreciate it for the most part. I liked the original Twin Peaks well enough, liked Fire Walk with me, liked some of his other stuff. This season of Twin Peaks is just the worst television I have ever witnessed though.

A slow pace is fine, but when absolutely nothing happens for 20-30 minutes, my mind gets so bored that it just dulls any parts I might otherwise find interesting. Even for Lynch this show has set a new low (or high?) in operating at an ultra-slow pace. This could potentially be forgiven, but It has no interesting characters at all (not yet anyway). It even took characters that used to be interesting and made them boring (I am looking at you Dougie). It may yet find its way, but I am not sitting through another 10 hours to find out, or to prove that I "get" Lynch's style. It is just bad television, regardless of who made it.

Lol, you really need everything spoonfed to you, eh? This show is obviously not for you, as a lot was revealed last night and you missed it all, apparently.

How about you come down off your high horse, drop the holier than thou act and grace the rest of us "dumb fucks" with your oh-so-profound insights?

Last edited:
You sound like a boring person, tbh.

You sound like half a butt puppet.

That's a bit harsh. This style of filmmaking understandably doesn't appeal to everyone. However, what confuses me are some of the people saying "Lynch betrayed us", or "Lynch is dead to me". It's like, really? What exactly were you expecting? This is 100% in line with what you should expect from David Lynch. I don't get the complaint that he has somehow fallen off, from people familiar with his work. If you weren't expecting some truly avant-garde madness, then I don't know what to tell you.

Not it isn't at all. Meaning that all his other movies made sense. Mulholland drive made sense and it was entertaining.

Now, to TP in particular, it is not following from the series and not the movie. He is dead to me because 95% of the shit this season is absolutely pointless. We got to watch a whole NIN performance. The other shit with the nuke was just dumb shit.

It has nothing to do with the story and it is garbage.

episode 8 was one of the best episodes of tv i've ever seen tbh.

Enjoyed the distinct style of the episode and it had some important origin stories about the creation of Bob and Laura Palmer, amongst several other things that will all be intertwined together.

However, it left me with some feelings of Highlander 2 where it felt retarded and took away some of the lure/mystery when it was explained that the immortals are from some alien planet.... and now in TP seeing Bob created by some dark matter space demon thing vommiting that came into Earth from a portal accidently opened by an atomic bomb, and hatched out of an egg into a frog/cockroach hybrid.... I would say it's a bit much, but It's David Lynch so I guess it feels about normal? lol

Nonetheless, I'm glad this show exists, fuck conventional norms of show structure that baby feed the viewer along.

Not it isn't at all. Meaning that all his other movies made sense.

Initially? Like, after the first time you watched Mulholland Drive, you were like "Got it!". I don't know if I buy that.

Remember, this is 18 hours of Lynch. To say that nothing makes sense, and it's all pointless after 8 episodes, is a bit rash. He's not just throwing shit up there for kicks. Like with the rest of his work, there is a method to the madness, and it will take some time to digest it all, and analyze it.

Now, I can totally understand the uninitiated being frustrated with the pacing and style of the show, but it puzzles me as to why Lynch fans are.

Now, to TP in particular, it is not following from the series and not the movie. He is dead to me because 95% of the shit this season is absolutely pointless. We got to watch a whole NIN performance. The other shit with the nuke was just dumb shit.

It has nothing to do with the story and it is garbage.

I can agree that the musical performances are getting tired in general. As for the episode having nothing to do with the story, that's false. It was an origin story of sorts, of an essential character in the show. At least I think so.

Whatever though. I'm not going to lecture anyone, like I totally get it, and others just don't understand the genius on display. It's definitely a off-beat and divisive show that's not for everyone, and I'm certainly not going to pretend to understand what all is going on.

Like I said though, I'm just a little surprised as to why some Lynch fans are growing impatient. This is pretty much the show I expected.

That was absolute horse shit.

I am laughing at how the Lynchanites are trying to spin this.

The whole episode could have been done in 20-30 minutes.

This isn't some new level of artistic excellence. This was straight forward boring storytelling. No two ways around it.

It was absolute shit. It is like he wanted to do a student art film.....in the middle of a series we have waited 25 years for. He is out of story ideas and wants to show us shit. It is garbage.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it isn't fact, not sure why you responded to me as if to tell me to change my opinion.

Enjoyed the distinct style of the episode and it had some important origin stories about the creation of Bob and Laura Palmer, amongst several other things that will all be intertwined together.

However, it left me with some feelings of Highlander 2 where it felt retarded and took away some of the lure/mystery when it was explained that the immortals are from some alien planet.... and now in TP seeing Bob created by some dark matter space demon thing vomiting that came into Earth from a portal accidently opened by an atomic bomb, and hatched out of an egg into a frog/cockroach hybrid.... I would say it's a bit much, but It's David Lynch so I guess it feels about normal? lol

Nonetheless, I'm glad this show exists, fuck conventional norms of show structure that baby feed the viewer along.

I understand that thought very well, but I don't think we saw Bob's creation necessarily, just how he was expelled from the black lodge (the purely spiritual realm) into the physical universe. It was probably the best way to give any info due to how abstract it was as it's so open to interpretation. Apparently the actual bomb took plutonium from the land of Hawk's tribe in Washington (in real life as well), and given the/a doorway to the lodge and waiting room is there.... We also saw that the tower the Giant was in (with its' old timey mechanical nature) was similar/identical to where Coop passed through from the lodge/waiting room to the physical realm.

That was absolute horse shit.

I am laughing at how the Lynchanites are trying to spin this.

The whole episode could have been done in 20-30 minutes.

This isn't some new level of artistic excellence. This was straight forward boring storytelling. No two ways around it.
sorry it didn't work for you, but i genuinely loved it. the only part i found boring was the nine inch nails part, but the rest was great.

did you like the first two seasons of twin peaks, or other david lynch movies?

sorry it didn't work for you, but i genuinely loved it. the only part i found boring was the nine inch nails part, but the rest was great.

did you like the first two seasons of twin peaks, or other david lynch movies?
Stop. Just stop.

David Lynch doesn't get his own special separate criteria for what passes as good television. It was horse shit. Plain and simple.

You are not artistically enlightened. You are a fan-boy of the highest order.

Stop. Just stop.

David Lynch doesn't get his own special separate criteria for what passes as good television. It was horse shit. Plain and simple.

hahaha, no need to be combative, i thought i asked a pretty respectful question.

i'm not going to try to convince you to like the episode. i can accept that you didn't like it. and of course lynch doesn't get his own criteria for judging the quality of his work.

i was just wondering if you liked other stuff from david lynch.

Stop. Just stop.

0cf8e194c3e4acbc44a06459a3f1dde3.gif

This isn't "ground-breaking" storytelling. This is the equivalent of throwing paint at a wall.

The ratings have absolutely tanked.

Lynch is a visionary, doe.

This isn't "ground-breaking" storytelling. This is the equivalent of throwing paint at a wall.

The ratings have absolutely tanked.

Lynch is a visionary, doe.
so it seems like you just came into this thread looking for an argument.

i appreciate that you gave this season of twin peaks a shot though, and if you want to have a dialogue about the show feel free to PM me.

This show is so good, I feel like it's above week to week dissection & internettery. Just checking in to say I've been watching every episode, and cherishing the fuck out of it. Once it's all over, I'm sure I'll be in here to read this whole thing. Til then, enjoy your coffee.

This show is so good, I feel like it's above week to week dissection & internettery. Just checking in to say I've been watching every episode, and cherishing the fuck out of it. Once it's all over, I'm sure I'll be in here to read this whole thing. Til then, enjoy your coffee.

Amazing episode. Loving this season so far

The atomic explosion sequence was homage to the star gate sequence at the end of 2001.

Even the golden orb is similar to the birth of the star child. The giant is lying in midair, instead of being in bed. The star child floats through the monolith, the golden orb floats through the cinema screen. Which makes sense, since the monolith has been interpreted as being the cinema screen.

Last edited:
episode 8 saved television. one of the finest hours of film i have ever seen.

Back