Turtling up and doing nothing is the same as tapping to strikes

Why does it have to be turtling? Let’s be more constructive and call it “positioning oneself to minimize damage.” So what if you’re praying for the ref to save you?

the position is literally called turtle dude

I tend to agree.

But I also think criticism for tapping to strikes, turtling, tapping to a choke, etc is silly.

We all love the warrior who is damn ready to fight to the death. I'm also not going to fault a guy who taps to strikes in a situation where the fight is over for the sake of his longevity.

lmao at thinking Mir wasn't always on it.

Stfu
I don't know how long you've been following the UFC and/or Mir but there was a noticeable change in Mir's physique after those fights to when he came back and was busted for PEDs. Then, after the bust, he went back to a flabbier version of his former self. If you didn't watch, you didn't know. He may not have been "clean" but he wasn't the Kangaroo Meat Eating Monster that he became.

Honestly turtling up is one of the smartest things someone can do, it's a shame it's looked down upon as giving up. Turtling and covering up forcing your opponent to pick shots or go for something else to open up strikes is a lot smarter than rolling around taking shots.
someone didn't read through this thread.

YOU . . . if that wasn't obvious.

This is actually a good debate, I had to double check the websites domain name to make sure I was in-fact on Sherdog.

In short, I find Mir suggesting only pussies tap to strikes to be extremely ironic coming from someone who multiple opponents have questioned and answered the fact Mir has no heart to stay in the fight and make him quit after a few shots.

I don't have a problem with guys tapping to strikes, tapping to a blood choke is way more pussy. Fucking strikes to the head will leave you with brain damage.

A good comparative example is two Jones fights against Shogun and Rampage which were back to back.

Shogun tapped to strikes after a savage mauling involving knees and helbows..

shogun+taps.gif

Rampage was losing and gassing hard, so in the fourth round he just gives Jones the choke - how did he not get any shit for that? He's literally letting Jon choke him with no attempt to guard his neck or lower his chin.

12.gif

He just wanted a way out from an unwinnable fight - which is fine but Shogun was literally trying to avoid life-changing injuries. Yet somehow, according to no-heart Mir, Shogun is a pussy.

Last edited:
Back