TUF 25 with "all-star" WWs?

They should do it like this season with lots of champions of regional promotions.

This, the 'tournament of champions' idea was genius.

Not only does it help give a boost to grass roots promotions (getting a regional belt could be a ticket to a direct path to a ufc belt, driving up competition), but its also a great excuse for reinjecting excitement and talent to divisions that might be in the doldrums (like flyweight, featherweight, or light heavyweight).

I think its a real way to grow the sport, like how big time major league sport teams such as in football or baseball have associated regional 'feeder teams' to draw talent from.

I have said this before but I think TUF needs something completely different to make it relevant.

My opinion is that TUF should be a tournament of current contenders in the UFC, i.e. 16 of the top lightweights in the UFC in a tournament.

But it should not be in a TUF house and TUF gym, the show should be like a UFC Countdown/UFC Embedded type show, following all 16 contenders in the lead up to their fights, and each week there is a small live event on Fox.

Winner gets a title shot.

It literally will be 'The Ultimate Fighter' as it is the best in the world fighting each other, not random has beens or no names.

I don't mind this idea. Marios is such an exciting fighter

I have said this before but I think TUF needs something completely different to make it relevant.

My opinion is that TUF should be a tournament of current contenders in the UFC, i.e. 16 of the top lightweights in the UFC in a tournament.

But it should not be in a TUF house and TUF gym, the show should be like a UFC Countdown/UFC Embedded type show, following all 16 contenders in the lead up to their fights, and each week there is a small live event on Fox.

Winner gets a title shot.

It literally will be 'The Ultimate Fighter' as it is the best in the world fighting each other, not random has beens or no names.

This is how I'd like to see TUF, too.

Two 'seasons' a year.

I would watch it. Maybe they can bring Nick Diaz in.

With rumours circulating of potentially the last ever TUF if ratings don't recover, TUF are looking to bring back some ex-UFC fighters to the TUF house for a chance to get back into the octagon. http://mmajunkie.com/2016/10/the-ul...s-filming-in-january-all-star-concept-in-play

They should have done a few of these "comeback" seasons earlier.

Some free agents that spring to mind:
  • Karo Parisyan
  • KJ Noons
  • Cody McKenzie
  • Joe Stevenson
  • Josh Neer
  • Marius Žaromskis

Who would you want to see in the TUF house at WW?

I know last season in many ways set the bar too high to expect something like it again already. But this sounds terrible to me unless one of those WW's is Ben Askren.

last TUF episode? ya i stopped watching about 7-8seasons ago. the formula has gotten real old. unless they bring the old format with weekly challenges and fighter callouts.

last TUF episode? ya i stopped watching about 7-8seasons ago. the formula has gotten real old. unless they bring the old format with weekly challenges and fighter callouts.
Yes... weekly challenges. That's what was good about TUF. lol.

People act like there is better stuff on tv.
This should be entertaining.

They should of done another HW season, not easy to find talent but they've only done it twice from what I recall.

Seth Baczynski – 20-14, 35, Gilbert, Ariz.
Julian Lane – 11-6, 29, Mansfield, Ohio
Mehdi Baghdad – 11-5, 31, Los Angeles, Calif.
Dhiego Lima – 12-5, 28, Dacula, Ga.
Justin Edwards – 9-5, 34, Bellefontaine, Ohio
Ramsey Nijem – 9-6, 28, Salt Lake City, Utah
Tom Gallicchio – 19-9, 30, Temecula, Calif.
Gilbert Smith – 12-6, 35, Colorado Springs, Colo.
Eddie Gordon – 8-4, 33, Freeport, N.Y.
Joe Stevenson – 33-16, 34, Victorville, Calif.
Hayder Hassan – 6-3, 34, Coconut Creek, Fla.
Jesse Taylor – 30-15, 34, Temecula, Calif.
James Krause – 23-7, 30, Lee’s Summit, Mo.
Hector Urbina – 17-10, 29, Coconut Creek, Calif.

Always liked Lima, looked good since leaving UFC. Hoping for him to win

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back