TUF 25 with "all-star" WWs? | Page 2

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion' started by beezlebub, Oct 23, 2016.

1. rmongler Brown Belt

rmongler

This, the 'tournament of champions' idea was genius.

Not only does it help give a boost to grass roots promotions (getting a regional belt could be a ticket to a direct path to a ufc belt, driving up competition), but its also a great excuse for reinjecting excitement and talent to divisions that might be in the doldrums (like flyweight, featherweight, or light heavyweight).

I think its a real way to grow the sport, like how big time major league sport teams such as in football or baseball have associated regional 'feeder teams' to draw talent from.

2. 4n4L53x Yellow Belt

4n4L53x
    I have said this before but I think TUF needs something completely different to make it relevant.

My opinion is that TUF should be a tournament of current contenders in the UFC, i.e. 16 of the top lightweights in the UFC in a tournament.

But it should not be in a TUF house and TUF gym, the show should be like a UFC Countdown/UFC Embedded type show, following all 16 contenders in the lead up to their fights, and each week there is a small live event on Fox.

Winner gets a title shot.

It literally will be 'The Ultimate Fighter' as it is the best in the world fighting each other, not random has beens or no names.

xmovingparts likes this.
  3. FWRGeorgie White Belt

FWRGeorgie
    I don't mind this idea. Marios is such an exciting fighter

4. The_Renaissance On, ahem, fleek

The_Renaissance

This is how I'd like to see TUF, too.

Two 'seasons' a year.

xmovingparts likes this.