TUF 25 with "all-star" WWs?

beezlebub

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
With rumours circulating of potentially the last ever TUF if ratings don't recover, TUF are looking to bring back some ex-UFC fighters to the TUF house for a chance to get back into the octagon. http://mmajunkie.com/2016/10/the-ul...s-filming-in-january-all-star-concept-in-play

They should have done a few of these "comeback" seasons earlier.

Some free agents that spring to mind:
  • Karo Parisyan
  • KJ Noons
  • Cody McKenzie
  • Joe Stevenson
  • Josh Neer
  • Marius Žaromskis

Who would you want to see in the TUF house at WW?

Not really keen on this idea - would rather see a group of prospects than a group of guys that couldn't cut it in the UFC.

They should do it like this season with lots of champions of regional promotions.

Last Cody fight I heard about he donated blood as part of his weight cut. Not sure if that's better or worse than Gabe's colonic. I don't really care if I see the guy fight again.

Why does "all star" in the reality tv world always correlate to C-level?

Not really keen on this idea - would rather see a group of prospects than a group of guys that couldn't cut it in the UFC.

They should do it like this season with lots of champions of regional promotions.

This but i dont think they ll go for a full "return" cast. Could be that there are not as many worthy + cheap ww champions out there , like with the flyweights who are not well known even in the UFC. Maybe they ll get as many regional champs as they can and add some UFC vets for spice.

Still i cant see anyway TUF is Salvageable

They might mix it, some veterans and some prospects. There's no real gain in just sourcing a bunch of 33+ year olds. TUF is first and foremost all about signing cheap fighters to develop/market, the UFC veteran angle is to attract the older audience who might give TUF another go if a former contender was included.

Think old school and new school in the same season.

This sounds fucking atrocious, to be honest. I think this might be the route they go down from now on with TUF and if so, this will be the last season I watch (the current one). No interest at all in seeing over-the-hill veterans and guys who've previously failed to make a mark in the UFC getting another chance.

i dont see anyway of salvaging TUF at least in the US
This sounds fucking atrocious, to be honest. I think this might be the route they go down from now on with TUF and if so, this will be the last season I watch (the current one). No interest at all in seeing over-the-hill veterans and guys who've previously failed to make a mark in the UFC getting another chance.

why not just use lesser known guys already in the ufc then? Give the new blood a chance to get some hype / self promotion while not taking anything of great value from the ufc. Much better then having joe riggs and such battle for their 6th chance in the ufc.

With rumours circulating of potentially the last ever TUF if ratings don't recover, TUF are looking to bring back some ex-UFC fighters to the TUF house for a chance to get back into the octagon. http://mmajunkie.com/2016/10/the-ul...s-filming-in-january-all-star-concept-in-play

They should have done a few of these "comeback" seasons earlier.

Some free agents that spring to mind:
  • Karo Parisyan
  • KJ Noons
  • Cody McKenzie
  • Joe Stevenson
  • Josh Neer
  • Marius Žaromskis

Who would you want to see in the TUF house at WW?

I'm very into this idea. They should make it for the belt though. This season is the first one I've paid attention to in a long time and I'll watch 25 as well because I like the comebacks concept. Hard for me to get into shitty fighters that I don't know with one or two good ones in there.

My advice: Call it Fightmaster, and cast Joe Riggs.

Fitch
Palhares
Shields
Brian Foster
Okami
Paul Bradley
Daley
Howard
Jesse Taylor
David Bielkheden

Etc. should all be targets and once again I think it needs to be for the belt. Makes it way more interesting.

WW is already stacked. UFC needs new HW and LHW fighters. Yeah these big guys probably suck but casuals don't care as long as they KO each other.

WW is already stacked. UFC needs new HW and LHW fighters. Yeah these big guys probably suck but casuals don't care as long as they KO each other.

We need Dada 5000 in the house

This sounds absolutely horrific and I'll definitely be steering well clear of any season featuring UFC drop-outs and guys who were on TUF in the past. People seem to have this strange idea that a season like this will end up having solid guys on it along the lines of (just an example), say, a Ben Saunders type.

Truth is, guys like that don't need TUF. They are probably headlining small promotions and getting on with their career after being cut.

The guys who will apply will be complete no-marks that everyone has forgotten ever fought in the UFC. The desperate ones getting no decent fights elsewhere, in other words. Think along the lines of, I dunno, Marcus Levesseur or something like that.

The regional champs all vying for a shot at the champion is fucking gold as far as im concerned.

Zaromskis was in the UFC?

Would like to see some more Japanese talent as well.

Zaromskis was in the UFC?

He was in strikeforce if i recall right. They can expand it and just say anything the ufc bought out too.

Would like to see some more Japanese talent as well.

4l2b0m_jpg.gif

Back