TUF 25: Redemption, Ep. 7 Discussion

His three loses are against studs though. Ryan Hall and David Teymur are looking like they're gonna have lengthy UFC careers and Krause is also currently on the roster. I think you're being too hard on him but I see your point.

That is highly possible. Who knows, maybe they'll give him a fight on the undercard of the finale and he can attempt to prove himself again.

Was completely baffled by Eddies crying. Wtf was he trying to say? Did he really think he deserved it more than Hayder, or was he just against Joe getting picked. I was a bit confused there.

He was obviously upset about Joe Daddy being picked, but yea it also seemed that he was upset about Hayder being picked too.

Can't say I agree with Joe Daddy coming back. I'm not sure how the Wildcard works. Do the have to pick someone from both teams?

I would have gone for Hayder/Seth. Both went the distance and have a better long term fighting career.

If Joe wins this show by fluke, what kind of UFC career do they think he's going to have? He looked slow and old af. No chance of a title or run or even "fun" fights imo.

Dana said he was just looking for who they thought could actually perform in the UFC. It doesn't have to necessarily be one from each team, though in the case where the losses are pretty even team wise they usually do. It easily could have been 2 guys from Cody's team, but Dana just happened to pick Joe Daddy.

Whole season i thought there were 2 weight classes, imagine Joe fighting Eddie or JT, dudes barely 5 feet tall

For a tough as nails fighter, Cody sure is a little passive aggressive weasel. "Oh 6 days, bro. I've been through concussions and that guy's got kids." If we really want to get down to it, no one should be fighting that often. Then complaining that TJ got to pick the fight and Dana only listened to him. No shit, you picked awful match-ups all season.

Quite glad Eddie Gordon didn't get picked. He looked like trash in his fight.

1 or 2 fights next week?
"Then, it's two fights in one episode. First, the wildcard fight....then the quarterfinal matchups are announced and the first quarterfinal matchup takes place."

I can't see Stevenson beating anyone in the house besides possibly Gallicchio and maybe Lane. I'm not surprised they picked him since he was the only guy who lost on Cody's team and it was a decent fight.

I was surprised with Hassan lost to Dhiego. It seemed like a very favorable matchup. I think Hassan can actually do decent. I could see an argument for Eddie coming back though.

Whole season i thought there were 2 weight classes, imagine Joe fighting Eddie or JT, dudes barely 5 feet tall
I came in to this season rooting for Joe. I dont think he has any business on this season of TUF unfortunately anymore. Dude could easily be a 145lb fighter if his diet and exercise routines where on point. No real way I can see Joe getting more than 1 win on this season.

So Stevenson chose TUF over a decent job working in a TV show. No offense but get your priorities straight dude. Most people in the world can't make their dreams come true because they have a family to feed.

Joe Daddy is awesome and this story is truly suited for this Redemption season but come on, he showed nothing in that Edwards fight.

He was just moving forward and eating shows. Credit to his chin and heart, very scrappy guy, but his performance was complete shit. He did nothing for 2 rounds. Edwards landed whatever he wanted while Joe landed nothing. Also Edwards defended all the TDs so Daddy didn't do a single thing.

I'm surprised Nunes was not chosen because he did fairly well against Krauss. He was landing very nice shots on Krauss.

I'm afraid Hassan is going to blast Joe Daddy and KTFO him inside 3 minutes.

Lol at Gordon complaining. Dude you lost to fucking Tom. Sit your ass down!

How funny would it be if Joe Daddy knocked Hassan out in 10 seconds?

<codychoke>

Feel for Joe daddy but I think hayder finishes him brutally and within 90 seconds.

If you go by the criteria that you should be picking the ones who you think can actually do stuff in the UFC I think Hayder and Seth should have been the picks. Nunez definitely isn't UFC level, I personally like Joe Daddy but I don't think he can compete with either the WWs or LWs of the UFC today, and while Eddie won his season he looked very subpar in the UFC and lost every single fight except for the TUF finale. And of course Mehdi and Lane weren't medically cleared so they couldn't do it.

Hayder made it to the finale and was then cut following his defeat in his very next fight. Usually guys who make it to the finale get more than 1 fight to prove themselves and the guy who beat him (Vicente Luque) seems to be a quiet darkhorse though his nice streak just got ended by Leon Edwards who himself is a great prospect. I think if Hayder can work on his ground game and get some good TDD he could prove himself well in the UFC.

Seth was very hot and cold in the UFC. He got some great wins over Neil Magny and Matt Brown but ran into a wall and compiled a few losses. I think if he can pull himself together and get some good training he could comeback to the UFC and get some more wins, though he isn't the kind of guy who would ever be champion. I don't know what happened to him against Gilbert Smith but I know he is capable of fighting much better than he did in that one.

So while I do like Joe Daddy I think picking him strictly because he had an entertaining fight and didn't get finished was the wrong move especially since Dana specifically said they were looking for guys who could hang in the current UFC. So Seth and Hayder would be my picks.
I agree 100% Seth and Hayder were my picks as well. Seth holds a win over Magny which is pretty impressive considering Magny's UFC record.

I thought it was super clearly 2-0 for Justin.

Anyways...watching that fight made me think there's no way Jesse Taylor or Krause don't win this season. Justin & Joe are both LWs that just aren't cutting. Where as Taylor is a big WW who's fought a lot at MW...as you can just see. They look small compared to him & especially with his style I don't see him losing unless he gets caught in a sub. Which is why I say Krause since he's obviously good enough to handle him...at least we assume.

I thought it was super clearly 2-0 for Justin.

Anyways...watching that fight made me think there's no way Jesse Taylor or Krause don't win this season. Justin & Joe are both LWs that just aren't cutting. Where as Taylor is a big WW who's fought a lot at MW...as you can just see. They look small compared to him & especially with his style I don't see him losing unless he gets caught in a sub. Which is why I say Krause since he's obviously good enough to handle him...at least we assume.
anyone but that goblin jesse taylor
im glad edwards won, i honestly got no idea who wins the season though, krause looked wobbly in the beggining of his fight

anyone but that goblin jesse taylor
im glad edwards won, i honestly got no idea who wins the season though, krause looked wobbly in the beggining of his fight
Definitely agree that James under performed. Or maybe Nunez has improved? Heh. Either way, I think it has to be Krause or Jesse that end up winning. That's the fight I want as the finals any way.

Man I was really enjoying this episode until the bullshit at the end. Justin was much more solid in there than I knew about, sure not a world beater but he looked crisp and no way deserved to be anywhere near last pick. Stevenson I'm kinda glad he lost, even at the end he said about planning to get the fight to the ground...just no, fuck your lay and pray stuff and fight, glad you lost if that was your game plan. Justin had that garbage shot which nearly got him choked out but otherwise dominated both rounds with some solid striking. Really fun fight.

Now the end, wow. Cody with his bullshit again and Eddie Gordon bitching when he looked like shit in his fight "everyone let it all hang out" really? You were trash Eddie. No offense to Tom as I like the guy but he's not a top fighter and Eddie should have dominated that fight...I think that says it all about Gordon. Nunez has shit the bed in 3 attempts and admitted he quit against Krause so no way should he get given ANY more shots, you're not good enough, bye bye. Not exactly stoked to see Hayder back after his fake shit with his "brother" who he dissed as an easy fight and had to eat his words but nobody else deserved another shot so he kinda takes it. Maybe Seth at best but even he looked bad in there (and Cody's 1st pick, hilarious how fucking awful he was at choosing fighters!) Cody throwing all that out there about caring about your fighters, come on man with the childish shit. You can see by the way TJ coaches and corners that he fully cares about his guys...something Cody wouldn't have a clue about. I can understand his point to a degree but at the end of the day TJ is giving his guy another shot and there's no way anyone else on Cody's team deserves it.

Shocked to see Cody and TJ talking so easily after that though talking about respecting decisions too, where did THAT come from!

Stevenson is so small, he's probably indeed going to get wrecked by Hayder to be fair.

Last edited:
So Stevenson chose TUF over a decent job working in a TV show. No offense but get your priorities straight dude. Most people in the world can't make their dreams come true because they have a family to feed.

If you are pissed off and sad it will influence your family. Living with someone who is depressed but pays the bills is shit for the kids. I also think he can easily get a job back. He could also teach wrestling.

^and to add to it, compared to the other fighters on the show I think Nunez is a bit small for Welterweight

Yes, Nunez is 5'9, he barely cuts any weight. I think he will do better at FW if he just decided to cut weight for a fight.

Nunez actually looked good in his fight. I was impressed with a lot of guys this season. Julian looked fairly decent as well.

Back