TUF 25: Redemption, Ep. 2 Discussion

I thought there was more to the whole TJ leaving TAM deal. Apparently there really isn't much to it but it turned into a big fiasco because these guys act like 12 year old girls fighting over a boy. The whole thing seemed so ridiculous that I figured there was a huge chunk of the picture that we were missing but apparently that's not the case. These guys are just immature little kids who can't handle adult like business and life decisions. Faber acts like he's running a fraternity that no one is ever allowed to leave under any circumstances. Everyone and their mother noticed that TJ went from top 10 fighter to championship contender when Ludwig began to train him. To act like he's screwing everyone over by going with the guy who took his career from decent top 10 guy to world champion is just dumb. These guys at TAM are blinded by "bro code" apparently.

At the end of the day your career is defined by what you did inside that cage, not by who your teammates were between camps.

Man Jesse Taylor looks like a bro Clint Howard. Should be a good scrap though.

Cody, Uriah, and all of TAM are coming off like some girl who got banged and then never received another text. Weak, petty shit for some tough dudes.

Both guys kinda looked they were trogging along through molasses that fight.
Was happy to see Tom get the W, was rooting for him.
Cody and Urijah need to stop bringing up the split every ten seconds though. This episode and the last had shown enough quite frankly.

Read the PBP. Didn't watch. Eddie Gordon is absolutely terrible, isn't he? A former 205lb'er easily tapped out by a natural 155lber, who isn't very good himself.

Welcome to TUF 25.

I hope the eventual winner is someone with some kind of redeeming quality such as being fairly young, or quite good. If James Krause doesn't win, I want Nijem.

Read the PBP. Didn't watch. Eddie Gordon is absolutely terrible, isn't he? A former 205lb'er easily tapped out by a natural 155lber, who isn't very good himself.

Welcome to TUF 25.

I hope the eventual winner is someone with some kind of redeeming quality such as being fairly young, or quite good. If James Krause doesn't win, I want Nijem.

Krause had a bad staph infection 2 months ago - hopefully the show was filmed a while ago and he can recover in time for the finals but it looks horrendous

i like cody but this whole TAM split thing is stupid. I get why theyre upset but just drop it, tj literally sounds like hes on the verge of tears sometimes in these arguments lol

Also, danny castillo is a massive douchebag and i am now glad ive gotten to see him lose so many times

i like cody but this whole TAM split thing is stupid. I get why theyre upset but just drop it, tj literally sounds like hes on the verge of tears sometimes in these arguments lol

I'm not sure that they have much of a choice. Production won't allow them to just ignore each other, there has to be a confrontation every time they meet.

And if you accept that there has to be beef, there's ostensibly only one thing those guys have to beef about.

I'm so glad Tom won. Looks like a nice goofy guy, someone I would like to have a beer with and probably hang out watching some fights together. Seems like a really cool guy, also has a good sense of humor. Regular Joe pretty much.

TJ is a great coach, you can really see he studied Gordon's game. As he said Gordon was spamming with right hand and poor Tom was actually running into it the whole time instead of circling away from it. Lucky for Tom, he has a good chin. I was expecting him to eventually take too many of those and go down but I'm happy he didn't. LOL at Gordog and at standing up while you got your back taken and try to get off the legs instead of fighting the hands, what a dumb fucking move. So much for Matt Serra BJJ school lol. I'm so happy Tom won and I know he will not win the whole thing but there are actually some Australian and European bums in the UFC that Tom could easily beat so I hope they sign him, dude clearly needs some money.

As for the next episode...wasn't Mehdi that guy from Conor's team who had terrrrrrible TDD? Maybe I'm mixing him up with someone but I maybe recall he didn't have good TDD in the UFC fights and he was not even throwing that much hands. I think Jesse will eat some shots at first but eventually take Mehdi down and stomp him with GnP.

Oh yeah, Cody and Faber are so annoying. They are crying all the time like babies, give it a rest already. I'm completely on the side of TJ when it comes to all this drama.

Looking forward to seeing what this is all about, lol. How you can get pissed at Tim is beyond me... <{cruzshake}>

C93lG2dUAAAhK5t.jpg

LOL wtf?

We gonna get another Sherdog emoji from this TUF season<codychoke>

MW. Unless he also fought at LHW.

Gordon began his career as a heavyweight, man. A small 220-230lbs HW but a heavy all the same. His first few pro fights were at HW IIRC, and his first pro loss came against 5ft 8in Anton Talamantes (I know, who?) at 205lbs.....via wrestle-fuck LNP decision. I saw that fight on an internet stream and that's when I had my serious doubts if Gordon had a good future, I'd heard talk of the guy before that as 'one to watch'.

Gordon began his career as a heavyweight, man. A small 220-230lbs HW but a heavy all the same. His first few pro fights were at HW IIRC, and his first pro loss came against 5ft 8in Anton Talamantes (I know, who?) at 205lbs.....via wrestle-fuck LNP decision. I saw that fight on an internet stream and that's when I had my serious doubts if Gordon had a good future, I'd heard talk of the guy before that as 'one to watch'.
<{CMPALM}>Wow!

<{CMPALM}>Wow!

I know, I basically found a dodgy stream of that event for Gordon - I follow the heavier weight-classes and knew back then he was touted and trained with decent guys on the East coast.....halfway through that fight I was like "euchhh....are you fucking kidding?!"

A lot of people don't realise that Lorenz Larkin also went 10-0 pro as a small heavyweight, 220lbs or whatever. Saw a few of his fights too back in those days, on dodgy streams.

A lot of people don't realise that Lorenz Larkin also went 10-0 pro as a small heavyweight, 220lbs or whatever. Saw a few of his fights too back in those days, on dodgy streams.
Hah, great example. Weird looking back on.

The constant trash talk between Cody and TJ is getting annoying and it's just the 2nd episode.

Even if TUF 25 produces 1-2 legit fighters then what? Welterweight is already stacked. UFC could've searched for some random big dudes that can fill up the dying LHW and HW roster. Just look at the UFC rankings of the LHW and HW. It's fucking horrible!!!

The constant trash talk between Cody and TJ is getting annoying and it's just the 2nd episode.

Even if TUF 25 produces 1-2 legit fighters then what? Welterweight is already stacked. UFC could've searched for some random big dudes that can fill up the dying LHW and HW roster. Just look at the UFC rankings of the LHW and HW. It's fucking horrible!!!
I like how Cody talks about making sure TJ can't play victim yet instigates everything.

Codys voice is irritating I can't listen to him...

Did Krause's opponent miss weight and is that why he hasn't fought?

Back