TUF 17 Finale fights set

Samman VS Kevin, wtf? I don't like Samman but he's just all around better than Kevin.

Would have preferred Clint facing one of the lesser guys in the house, using them as a punching bag. Even though Marunde was on TUF last year, he's no rookie. Marunde is 8-2 over the last five years without being KO'ed. This will be a tough fight for Clint.

Gilbert Smith on the main card against Bubba? Oh boy. Makes no sense. I understand why Bubba has been given a fight, should be on Facebook, but Smith should've never been given a fight. He got to cruise around the house shirtless for 8 weeks or whatever it was, which seemed like the only reason he signed up for TUF to begin with. When he wasn't running around shirtless, he was sobbing to the camera.

Oh, it's Gilbert Smith against Bubba?
Damn, on a website I read it was Bubba vs Casey.
Ok so it's not the 2 worst fighters in the house like I said before.

Dylan Andrews got a tough stylistic matchup. It's cool to see some of the Maori/Polynesian fighters do well.

Gilbert Smith on the main card against Bubba? Oh boy. Makes no sense. I understand why Bubba has been given a fight, should be on Facebook, but Smith should've never been given a fight. He got to cruise around the house shirtless for 8 weeks or whatever it was, which seemed like the only reason he signed up for TUF to begin with. When he wasn't running around shirtless, he was sobbing to the camera.

You realize they likely just didn't show as much training footage of him because he was out of the tournament, right? Just because he walks around shirtless doesn't mean that was all he was doing, that's ridiculous. And I don't even want this fight on the main card.

Don't really like these fights, and Bubba-Smith on the main card is a joke. I would have preferred Smith-Andrews, Quinlan-Hart and Bubba-Barnatt. Hopefully Andrews wins because I'd really like to see him stick around in the UFC.

Also, I wonder if they were in some way obligated to give Marunde a shot because of his Strikeforce contract?

You realize they likely just didn't show as much training footage of him because he was out of the tournament, right? Just because he walks around shirtless doesn't mean that was all he was doing, that's ridiculous. And I don't even want this fight on the main card.

Yeah, seriously.

Barnatt isn't just a joke. You're (original quoter) clearly taking lines from Urijah Hall poking fun at an opposing teammate, and willingly forgetting how Gilbert's fight played out. Against a MUCH bigger opponent, who is stylistically the worst match-up you could ask for, and after being told -by your team- that you shouldn't have been picked for the fight, it's a mistake, and that you were going to ruin EVERYONE's shot at a season-sweep - he did really well.

He ran into Barnatt's knee? Barnatt only had to pick up his heel to get the leverage needed to hit Gilbert's head.

Bubba's probably on the main card partially because of Jones, and Gilbert's probably on the main card / fighting Bubba partially because of how incredibly poorly he was treated leading up to his fight.

Dylan Andrews got a tough stylistic matchup. It's cool to see some of the Maori/Polynesian fighters do well.

Dylan won't make it out of the first round. Great guy, super nice guy, but I don't see this ending well for him.

Back