Social Trumps Truth Social made 4 million and lost 58 million in 2023.

cope-harder-cope.gif
When you're with your friends and look down, this is what you see, isn't it?
hzCf9w9.jpg

so yeah I think we can all agree I called this miraculous rise in my post yesterday

"I really think these show that we've seen the bottom set today and this should springboard to new heights tomorrow for sure!" Takes a bow

Seriously in a comeback reminiscent of Anderson vs Chael, DJT threw a last second triangle on the haters (like me) and shorts and ended the day $26.40 up $3.56 or 15.59% and was up over 20% to an intra day high of $28.29 before fading slightly into the close. It did this on high volume on a slightly down day overall which is pretty impressive.

I honestly can't figure what caused this as no new news came out other than yesterday's unimpressive streaming announcement and perhaps Biden cracking a joke about it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that a Biden joke didn't drive it up 15+ % on double the daily average volume.

so tomorrow should be interesting, it's down a bit in the after market stuff but that really doesn't mean much.

If you are hoping to hit a meme, another big up on on high volume might give you real hope.

I'm still not touching this thing with a ten foot pole but I am fascinated by it and by the cult of personality that is DJT himself and will continue to watch it and his various trials closely.

so yeah I think we can all agree I called this miraculous rise in my post yesterday

"I really think these show that we've seen the bottom set today and this should springboard to new heights tomorrow for sure!" Takes a bow

Seriously in a comeback reminiscent of Anderson vs Chael, DJT threw a last second triangle on the haters (like me) and shorts and ended the day $26.40 up $3.56 or 15.59% and was up over 20% to an intra day high of $28.29 before fading slightly into the close. It did this on high volume on a slightly down day overall which is pretty impressive.

I honestly can't figure what caused this as no new news came out other than yesterday's unimpressive streaming announcement and perhaps Biden cracking a joke about it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that a Biden joke didn't drive it up 15+ % on double the daily average volume.

so tomorrow should be interesting, it's down a bit in the after market stuff but that really doesn't mean much.

If you are hoping to hit a meme, another big up on on high volume might give you real hope.

I'm still not touching this thing with a ten foot pole but I am fascinated by it and by the cult of personality that is DJT himself and will continue to watch it and his various trials closely.
I'm curious about what you think of this idea. Given the amount of shares Trump has, and assuming he really needs to get people to have some confidence in the stock before it tanks completely, couldn't he have someone (or a group of someones) make a fairly large straw purchase to boost the price on a promise from Trump to be compensated when he finally gets to sell?

Every one can make this calculation, obviously, but anyway even at $10/share, 90-odd million shares is still a lot of green, let alone $20-30.

I'm curious about what you think of this idea. Given the amount of shares Trump has, and assuming he really needs to get people to have some confidence in the stock before it tanks completely, couldn't he have someone (or a group of someones) make a fairly large straw purchase to boost the price on a promise from Trump to be compensated when he finally gets to sell?

Every one can make this calculation, obviously, but anyway even at $10/share, 90-odd million shares is still a lot of green, let alone $20-30.
that is one of the many ethical concerns with this baby.

Or he could have friends short it when he goes to declare he is going dump it.

Or he can direct people who want to gain influence with him to buy it to circumvent campaign and bribery laws, etc.

When you own this much of a company you can manipulate it in a lot of ways.

Elon Musk was famous for a tweet about taking Tesla private and that he had the "funding secured" which was lie and which cost him and Tesla a bunch of millions and had the courts assign him a Twitter Sitter to make sure he didn't send out other manipulative social media messages.

unethical Short sellers do this kinda thing all the time too. Put out a false rumor to scare people into selling it and cash in when it goes down.

This behavior goes back to the London tea houses where stock trading began. Someone would come in and announce a ship that people had invested in had been lost at sea, people would panic sell their shares on the cheap, then it would come in safely to port and the people that scooped up those shares would profit.

People have sucked for a very very long time.

that is one of the many ethical concerns with this baby.

Or he could have friends short it when he goes to declare he is going dump it.

Or he can direct people who want to gain influence with him to buy it to circumvent campaign and bribery laws, etc.

When you own this much of a company you can manipulate it in a lot of ways.

Elon Musk was famous for a tweet about taking Tesla private and that he had the "funding secured" which was lie and which cost him and Tesla a bunch of millions and had the courts assign him a Twitter Sitter to make sure he didn't send out other manipulative social media messages.

unethical Short sellers do this kinda thing all the time too. Put out a false rumor to scare people into selling it and cash in when it goes down.

This behavior goes back to the London tea houses where stock trading began. Someone would come in and announce a ship that people had invested in had been lost at sea, people would panic sell their shares on the cheap, then it would come in safely to port and the people that scooped up those shares would profit.

People have sucked for a very very long time.
Now, let me tell you something. I have no financial bona fides, no formal education on the subject. I own no stock, nor have I ever. Yet, this was plainly obvious to me. That is how phenomenally stupid his cult is when they surely fall for this momentary bump.

Last edited:
4 million that's a lot of boner, incontinence an my Pillow sales. Lol

Trump media stock is up an Government questions are being raised on the legitimacy of the bump overnight.
Mitt Romney actually passing some truth.

Trump has been a billionaire since the 80s lol. I love how every wealthy person in power is always a “rapist” how convenient

He's a billionaire, but he's selling bibles.
There's been a long, long history of bible salesman being some of the most shady people out there, so I guess Donald is a fit.

There's been a long, long history of bible salesman being some of the most shady people out there, so I guess Donald is a fit.
He’s a former democrat so makes sense

She's off and running higher on high volume. Back in the $30's Someone check reddit because I still don't see any news. Could be a short squeeze but I didn't think there were that many shorts to be squoze........

So you admit he’s a democrat

How someone identifies politically is a personal choice so if he ever identified as a Democrat then he was one. That doesn't really speak to the Democratic party or it's value.

However, the fact that he was almost immediately embraced and given near total control over the Republican party does speak to it's values.

Trump Media tells shareholders how to block their DJT stock being loaned to short sellers

Here is the relevant bit from the TMTG website (form letter and all):

How do I prevent my shares from being loaned for a short interest position? 🎯

Brokerage firms may facilitate short selling in DJT’s shares by lending DJT’s shareholders’ shares held in margin accounts. Through this practice, brokerage firms earn an alternative source of revenue by “lending” shares to sophisticated and institutional investors who are betting that the price of the particular stock will decrease over a period of time. If the price of the stock in fact decreases, then the brokerage firm and the sophisticated and institutional investors will have made a profit, while the ultimate retail investor has not.

For long-term shareholders who believe in the Company’s future, the Company is highlighting the following actions you can take with your brokerage firm to prevent the lending of your shares for short selling:

1. holding your DJT shares in a cash account at your brokerage firm instead of a margin account (a model instruction letter is set forth under the heading “Example Form of Letter to Broker” below); or
2. opting out of any securities lending programs, which should stop your broker from lending your shares; or
3. moving your shares to Odyssey Transfer and Trust Company, the Company’s transfer agent (please note that you may incur certain costs in connection with any such transfer and once your shares are moved to our transfer agent, your ability to timely transfer your shares back to a brokerage firm and sell may be a longer process); or
4. transferring your shares to your bank (if they have custody services) and holding them in your retirement account (if permitted by your plan).

Example Form of Letter to Broker

If you decide to instruct your broker not to make your shares available for lending to short sellers, the following is a sample of the language you can use in your email or letter to the Branch Manager of your brokerage account:

[Broker Name]
[Broker Address]

Attn: Branch Manager

My Account [Account Number]

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please accept this written instruction to make sure that the following securities are held in my cash account only and accordingly are not available for any stock loan activities. I hereby expressly opt-out of any securities lending programs and instruct you to not loan out any of my shares.

Securities:

[Number] shares of Trump Media & Technology Group Corp. (DJT) and any DJT shares subsequently acquired.

Please confirm receipt and compliance with this request.

Bonkers DJT is totally mental as a stock but fun to watch.

Today ending the day up to $33.19 + 25.72% on close to triple average volume....ON NO NEWS.

This is officially untethered from reality and should be played, long or short, only with money you can afford to lose.

This is either going to meme skyrocket or crash and burn. There is no in-between on this one.......

To put it in MMA terms this has become the equivalent of Rumble Vs Poatan stepping into a 6 x 6 octagon. Somebody is going to win and someone is going to be unconscious and it will happen quickly!

Good luck if ya got the brass ones to play this one, mine are too squishy to put hard earned carrots on the line.

i gotta get me a copy of the trump bible. sure the ten commandments are not going to come included but it would be interesting to see what's in there.

"Let he who hasn't used campaign funds to raw dog a whore from the gangbang videos cast the first stone."
- Donald 3:24

April 18, 2024

Adena T. Friedman
Chair and Chief Executive Officer
Nasdaq, Inc.
Via Electronic Mail

Dear Ms. Friedman,

I write to bring your attention to potential market manipulation of the stock of Trump Media & Technology Group Corp. (“TMTG”), which operates the Truth Social platform and has traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the ticker “DJT” since March 26, 2024.

As you know, “naked” short selling—selling shares of a stock without first borrowing the shares of stock deemed difficult to locate—is generally illegal pursuant to Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) Regulation SHO. As of April 17, 2024, DJT appears on Nasdaq’s “Reg SHO threshold list,”1 which is indicative of unlawful trading activity. This is particularly troubling given that “naked” short selling often entails sophisticated market participants profiting at the expense of retail investors.

Reports indicate that, as of April 3, 2024, DJT was “by far” “the most expensive U.S. stock to short,” meaning that brokers have a significant financial incentive to lend non-existent shares.2 Data made available to us indicate that just four market participants have been responsible for over 60% of the extraordinary volume of DJT shares traded: Citadel Securities, VIRTU Americas, G1 Execution Services, and Jane Street Capital.

In light of the foregoing, and Nasdaq’s obligation and commitment to protect the interests of retail investors,3 please advise what steps you can take to foster transparency and compliance by ensuring market makers are adhering to Reg SHO, requiring brokers to disclose their “Net Short” positions, and preventing the lending of shares that do not exist.

TMTG looks forward to assisting your efforts.

Sincerely,

Devin Nunes
Chief Executive Officer

Well barring something truly weird happening at the end of the day at the end of the week, DJT is going to end the week on a 3 day rising streak on higher than average volume each day, trading now up $3.21 to $36.40 up 9.61%

The only truly funky thing that happened today is detailed ^^^^ in @HOLA's post where Devin is accusing the short sellers of manipulation to hurt the small retail investors.

This strikes me as funny from the stock that many feel is just a naked attempt at fleecing the small retail investors.

But if the shorts are cheating, may they have a trial right after the guys that did the insider trading on DWAC.

I would like to have an honest stock market but I would also like humming birds to follow me around spitting cold beer into my mouth on command and so far I've had no luck training them to do that properly. Little fuckers have no body mass and the beer drops them from the sky before I get thirsty.

She's off and running higher on high volume. Back in the $30's Someone check reddit because I still don't see any news. Could be a short squeeze but I didn't think there were that many shorts to be squoze........
I think the short squeeze is the correct theory after Nunes made noise about DJT being one of the most shorted stocks out there

Accuses the shorters of market manipulation for shorting a stock that has no real world financial backing... while throwing up the bat signal to pump the stock price up and save it from sinking if they can catch the shorters in a stuck position

Back