Trump's cabinet pick invested in company, then introduced a bill to help it

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Washington (CNN)Rep. Tom Price last year purchased shares in a medical device manufacturer days before introducing legislation that would have directly benefited the company, raising new ethics concerns for President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for Health and Human Services secretary.

Price bought between $1,001 to $15,000 worth of shares last March in Zimmer Biomet, according to House records reviewed by CNN.

Less than a week after the transaction, the Georgia Republican congressman introduced the HIP Act, legislation that would have delayed until 2018 a Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services regulation that industry analysts warned would significantly hurt Zimmer Biomet financially once fully implemented.

Zimmer Biomet, one of the world's leading manufacturers of knee and hip implants, was one of two companies that would been hit the hardest by the new CMS regulation that directly impacts the payments for such procedures, according to press reports and congressional sources.
After Price offered his bill to provide Zimmer Biomet and other companies relief from the CMS regulation, the company's political action committee donated to the congressman's reelection campaign, records show.

If confirmed, Price will be a key player in Trump's efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act. Trump last week said a plan to repeal and replace Obamacare will be submitted "as soon as" Price is confirmed. He will appear before the Senate health committee this week, but must also appear before the Senate Finance Committee.

The new revelation is the latest example of Price trading stock in a health care firm at the same time as pursuing legislation that could impact a company's share price. The issue has become a major liability for the congressman after The Wall Street Journal reported last month that he traded roughly $300,000 in shares over the past four years in health companies while pursuing legislation that could impact them.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/politics/tom-price-bill-aiding-company/index.html

Score one more the swamp.

Drain the swamp! Drain the swamp!

Trump supporters: meh, corruption is ok if it's on my side.

Trump supporters: meh, corruption is ok if it's on my side.
Fucking a right!!

What a fucking joke..people will one day take there political blinders off and understand that all of these fucks are corrupt , greedy,snake oil salesmen that will sell you on hope with evangelical esq rhetoric and stab you in the back ,all with a Colgate smile.

Drain the swamp..lol

This company does hip and knee implants. They are only helping people as long as they can afford it. It can be a lot worse.

I wonder if it will be like when the General Electric Company suddenly got FOUR BILLION $$$$$$ tax refund (on top of no taxes paid) when the head of GE became appointed for Secretary of Energy.

Probably not.

Those who ignored that in favor of clamoring over things like this are part of the swamp. Figures.

Drain the swamp! Drain the swamp!
I dont believe anyone believe that any political party would be without corruption. You could drain a swamp only to refill it and see new growth of pond scum.

meanwhile trump is on twitter picking and choosing which corporations have his approval. we used to laugh at these other countries with shill governments that did nothing but make sure they lined their pockets and the people that supported them.

What a pathetic joke.
And people will still come in here, swear up and down that whatever Mr. Trump does is the best thing since pockets.

Drain the swamp?

More like plugging up the drain with hefty bags and plutonium.
Gonna see some strange growth in the swamp over the next four years....

So this is what a left-wing circle-jerks looks like.

jack-nicholson-flew-over-the-cuckoo.gif

I happen to agree with most of you but I have to find ways to laugh.

Last edited:
Sounds pretty swampy

First story that Trump supporters cant illogically refute away.

Lie, cheat and steal, that's just the way it works.... Right?

I dont believe anyone believe that any political party would be without corruption. You could drain a swamp only to refill it and see new growth of pond scum.
This is beside the point.

Trumps claim was that DC insiders were the swamp and people wanted change.

He was supposed to be an agent of change!

Back