Trump wants massive military parade

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Joe, Feb 6, 2018.

1. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

Not to mention, for a simple 2 hour parade, military personnel will have to prep for days in advance, traveling, fixing everything up, prepping uniforms, all the stupid minutia that military personnel fucking hate the most.

Hit-N-Run likes this.
  2. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Its not true that our military is not a showpiece. I don't like that wording but its not true. As I pointed out, we have done it many, many times in the past. Other countries are doing it NOW. I personally don't believe pride in country and military is very high right now.

3. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

The lack of American pride right now is due to partisanship. Look at how our politicians behave, it's like a bunch of idiot kids on a playground sometimes. Even worse, that partisanship has drifted into society in the form of biased News stations and online propaganda. That has basically turned our own country against itself. Our leaders do not even make a lazy attempt to unite the country, they just play directly to their base and say damn the rest.

A military parade does not fix that, or even begin to address it. Half the country will think it's dumb, half will have fun for a few hours, and then we'll be back exactly where we started.

Like I said, make it part of Veterans Day. I really think that is the dignified way to do this, if he really wants it to be done. Put the focus on celebrating Veterans, not showcasing our tanks. Have living veterans from every modern American war, have some fly overs, run some modern and vintage military equipment in the parade, etc. I really think that would go over well.

AlphaBetaShark likes this.
  4. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Has there even been discussion of when it could be?

I'll be honest, I really think people don't like the idea just because of who suggested it.

5. Hit-N-Run

Hit-N-Run Brown Belt

It's the Trump cucks that are all behind this BS parade. Most of them never served and just like to talk a big game. Trump being the biggest deferment fag of them all.

Uncle Bingo and Edison Carasio like this.
  6. MC OverPressure

MC OverPressure Ask me about the Show Biz Pizza Bear

This president is so pathetically insecure.

HomerThompson likes this.
  7. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

I think there is some truth to that, but not in all cases. I don't care who suggested it, and I don't think the SEAL who killed Bin Laden cares who suggested it. I assume that means that a lot of other people don't care who suggested it either.

But let's say there are some people who don't like the idea because Trump is the one who asked for it. There is a pretty solid reason for people to be weary of Trump's approach. Everything he has ever done in his entire life, from his Real Estate career to his television career to his Presidential career has been based on being loud, gaudy, and completely lacking in class. That makes people worried for good reason. Our military is dignified, something that even a Trump supporter should be able to admit that he is absolutely not.

8. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Whats undignified about it? I doubt there'll be clowns and shit there (Trump jokes aside).

9. Edison Carasio

Edison Carasio Excellence of execution belt Platinum Member

Apparently we should do things other places do except UHC.

10. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

I think it could be done in a dignified way. I gave an example of how I think it should be done a few posts ago. I think the problem is that a lot of people don't trust Trump to do it that way. People assume Trump is going to make it a "Look how big my button is" parade, which is embarrassing to a lot of people. He could prove them wrong.

11. Arkain2K

Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

Depends, does Sherdog consider UHC to be a Third World policy as well?

12. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

Just the facts my dude, I don't make the rankings. Where are you from? Sorry you're not from Toronto.

13. Tropodan

Tropodan Red Belt Platinum Member

I'm from BC, I don't like getting any more specific then that. i grew up in a rural area.

14. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

Go shovel snow lol

15. Uncle Bingo

Uncle Bingo Snog.

It's serve you russian...learn english. You must have loved the military and it's rape culture then if that's true...which I call BS on.

16. Uncle Bingo

Uncle Bingo Snog.

Indeed, poor first lady...how long has it been since she had a real man, not some old fat bald f*ck...10 years, now? No wonder she followed Barrack Hussein Obama's T acct.

17. Uncle Bingo

Uncle Bingo Snog.

easy, now you're going to hurt some russian feelings in here.

18. Uncle Bingo

Uncle Bingo Snog.

You mean have a parade on Veteran's Day? Whuddathunkit?

19. cincymma79

cincymma79 Silver Belt

I bet you were really fired up about Clinton being president then and probably more disappointed every time the democrats trot him out like when obama and Hilary ran. No? Oh well then it must be something else you don’t like