Trump vs. Jeff "AmaGOAT" Bezos

Bezos is the Bruce Lee of modern business.

Trump is the Steven Seagall.

The leader of a country has more responsibilities than a private citizen, cheating on taxes is bad no matter who does it, disqualifying if you are trying to be president, and you are not nearly smart enough to twist someones words.

You don't give a shit about any of it. You only give a shit, when it's Trump. This much is clear.

Oh', and BTW, the filings we do have shows that Trump is in compliance. He's probably cheating on all the returns we haven't seen though, right? All those filings made with the IRS over decades...must have cheated on every one of them, except the one Randy Maddow got a hold of. Those ones were just a fluke.

The leader of a country has more responsibilities than a private citizen, cheating on taxes is bad no matter who does it, disqualifying if you are trying to be president, and you are not nearly smart enough to twist someones words.
These guys don't even cheat taxes- they just utilize all the loopholes rich guys have injected into the tax code over the years.

This isn't the simplest issue but it's also not the most complicated either: fuck Donald Trump AND Jeff Bezos for being a part of the tax problem in America instead of being a part of the solution.

Trump's latest tweet takes down Amazon stock and the Nasdaq
http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/03/news/companies/amazon-stock/index.html

Amazon Has Lots of Company as Trump Slams ‘Stupid’ Businesses
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/03/us/politics/trump-amazon.html

Donald Trump's tweets can't hurt Amazon, but here's how the government could crack down
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/03/tru...ly-empty-but-government-could-crack-down.html

Amazon Is the Post Office's Best Friend, No Matter What Trump Tweets
https://gizmodo.com/amazon-is-the-post-offices-best-friend-no-matter-what-1824292542

You don't give a shit about any of it. You only give a shit, when it's Trump. This much is clear.

Oh', and BTW, the filings we do have shows that Trump is in compliance. He's probably cheating on all the returns we haven't seen though, right? All those filings made with the IRS over decades...must have cheated on every one of them, except the one Randy Maddow got a hold of. Those ones were just a fluke.
You are dumber than a bag of cement and are defending a Scumbag(Trump) who cares nothing for you, sad!

That's just selective outrage, though. You can't pretend to want to hold Trump to some "standard", while completely ignoring the "standard" in another case. You either care, or you don't. It's a standard you actually believe in, or it's one that you don't actually care about, and just have a petty grudge with someone you don't like.

And before you go all "but Trump", we have evidence that he pays taxes. A LOT of taxes.
Or, like I said, it's a standard to which I'll hold one person and not necessarily another. Not because I root for one of them over the other, but rather because they play different roles.

Are you sugesting that we should have one single standard and hold every single person to it? And anything else is selective outrage? Really?

I can and will ignore the POTUS standard when looking at Bezos. Because, y'know, he's not it. Stop with the whataboutism.

No big corporations pay taxes and the Republicans in Congress fight to keep it that way.
Yep. And unfortunately the Democrats are more than happy to keep their mouths shut if not outright work to help the Republicans on this front.

Some one seems to be a little jealous....
Lead by example mr. President then talk shit

Or, like I said, it's a standard to which I'll hold one person and not necessarily another. Not because I root for one of them over the other, but rather because they play different roles.

Are you sugesting that we should have one single standard and hold every single person to it? And anything else is selective outrage? Really?

When it comes to billionaires playing the system, yeah, call me crazy, but I think you should be holding them to the same standard.

Again, you either care or you don't. This isn't a petty matter, where titles should dictate your stance on the matter.

Some people showing their true colors in this thread.

When it comes to billionaires playing the system, yeah, call me crazy, but I think you should be holding them to the same standard.

Again, you either care or you don't. This isn't a petty matter, where titles should dictate your stance on the matter.

Some people showing their true colors in this thread.
I'll say it again: they're both billionaires. One is the president. The other isn't. The fact they share one characteristic doesn't make them the same just as having a penis doesn't.

I wouldn't care about Trump's tax returns if he didn't get into politics. I would about Bezo's if he did.

Really dude, you get it. This is just your usual schtick of trying to point out contradiction where there isn't any and being deliberately obtuse when people clarify their stances.

I wouldn't care about Trump's tax returns if he didn't get into politics. I would about Bezo's if he did.

Sooo....

You don't really care about billionaires playing the system then? Just Trump.

Really dude, you get it. This is just your usual schtick of trying to point out contradiction where there isn't any and being deliberately obtuse when people clarify their stances.

No, you've made your stance quite clear, and I get it. I just find it lacking in any sort of principle, which makes any criticism you might have against Trump, laughable. That's all.

Also this needs to be pointed out again.

Bezos and Amazon are separate entities.

Amazon might not have paid much federal tax but Bezos did. You can definitely argue that Bezos didn't pay enough because he probably has a decent amount of passive income and won't pay tax on his stock increases until he realizes a gain.

Amazon might not have paid much federal tax but Bezos did. You can definitely argue that Bezos didn't pay enough because he probably has a decent amount of passive income and won't pay tax on his stock increases until he realizes a gain.
Don’t waste your time trying to explain this to heretiCAN. He doesn’t get this.

I have no problem with taxing assets only when realizing gains, but the ability to write-off millions or billions in losses for years on end has got to stop. A few hundred thousand for the small business owner is one thing. But corporations like Amazon who run a deficit as a business and tax strategy is going way too fucking far.

How Trump is trying to attack Amazon is really shitty.

Trump always tries to play up the you are getting screwed and I am the the guy who is going to save you schtick.

I worked at an Amazon warehouse a while back. They're glorified 21st century sweatshops.

Fuck Bezos for every tax dollar he's allowed to write off and every American he works to the bone.

And when they close down all the brick and morter shops...these will be the only jobs left. That or delivery and well, let's be honest...those will be automated.

Amazon might not have paid much federal tax but Bezos did.

How do you know?

In fairness, we should get a copy of his, ohh', let's say 2009 tax returns, just so you can get your hypocrisy in order.

How Trump is trying to attack Amazon is really shitty.

Trump always tries to play up the you are getting screwed and I am the the guy who is going to save you schtick.

I hated Obama's "It's time for a change, and I'm gonna be the one to make it" but then not change a damn thing schtick...more.

Back