Trump vs. Jeff "AmaGOAT" Bezos

They use a lot of temps too.

The General Confederation of Labour Union (CGT) in Spain has condemned the dismissal of more than 100 temporal workers at Amazon's largest logistics center in the country and accused the company of victimizing workers striking forbetter working conditions.

Amazon workers have organized strike day since March in protest of new conditions that significantly reduce their earnings and benefits. Some temporal workers agreed to work during the March 21 and 22 strike due to possible reprisals, and now those fears have been confirmed.

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/n...rkers-After-48-Hour-Strike-20180418-0011.html

Anyway, would still like to see what the original nutter (@SBJJ) thinks liberals are supposed to object to about Amazon. Could be enlightening.

It's cool, really. The guy has some emotional problems, and I don't want to contribute to that. I can't see what set him off like that, but on some level, anger is always going to be subjective. FWIW, I like Jones--I think the guy is a seeker, which is my type of person, though he's pretty far back in the journey and the emotional issues get in the way.

I think he's kind of libertarian leaning (most donations have been to Democrats, though). But he doesn't seem really political. Hard for some people to get their heads around the idea that politics just isn't that important to most of us.
<YeahOKJen>

It's because the image of Amazon is very popular and well liked in America. Bezos also owns a liberal news outlet which has been extremely critical of Trump from the get-go(justified or not doesn't matter) earning him constant brownie points among liberals.

Whats more unfortunate is the guy is worth over a hundred billion fucking dollars so he's not going anywhere.
Most people wouldn't even know who owns the WaPo if Trump wasn't constantly tweeting about it.

People love Amazon because it gives them a great service at a great price while being extremely convenient and customer friendly. It's not just liberals that love Amazon, Republicans love Amazon for the exact same reasons.

Most people wouldn't even know who owns the WaPo if Trump wasn't constantly tweeting about it.

People love Amazon because it gives them a great service at a great price while being extremely convenient and customer friendly. It's not just liberals that love Amazon, Republicans love Amazon for the exact same reasons.
Is that supposed to be a good thing? I think it's great when we know who's influencing us through the media.

Those people also probably aren't aware Amazon exists because they've gone into massive debt in order to offset tax liability, put many companies out of business in the process, and run science experiences on how hard they can work their employees before breaking them.

But most people do love Amazon regardless of political affiliation.

Is that supposed to be a good thing? I think it's great when we know who's influencing us through the media.

Those people also probably aren't aware Amazon exists because they've gone into massive debt in order to offset tax liability, put many companies out of business in the process, and run science experiences on how hard they can work their employees before breaking them.

But most people do love Amazon regardless of political affiliation.
Amazon didn't go into debt for to not pay taxes, Amazon went into debt to expand their business acquire new businesses, be technologically innovative, all while offering consumers a top quality customer service experience.

And Amazon work isn't that hard, people are spoiled and don't know what actual hard work is.

Amazon didn't go into debt for to not pay taxes, Amazon went into debt to expand their business acquire new businesses, be technologically innovative, all while offering consumers a top quality customer service experience.

And Amazon work isn't that hard, people are spoiled and don't know what actual hard work is.
Top quality customer service at the cost of their employees.

Lol....

I've done other warehouse work, HVAC, and construction but the job I had at Amazon is the most physical and stressful place I've worked- 15 miles a day, up and down 4 flights of stairs every hour, and if I'm 1 second too slow I could cost another person his job on the spot. Not every position there is physical but the stress eats at everyone. It's disgusting and should be illegal.

People walking on eggshells wondering if today is gonna be the day they get fired- all to get that buttplug and phone charger to the customer just a little bit faster.

Top quality customer service at the cost of their employees.

Lol....

I've done other warehouse work, HVAC, and construction but the job I had at Amazon is the most physical and stressful place I've worked- 15 miles a day, up and down 4 flights of stairs every hour, and if I'm 1 second too slow I could cost another person his job on the spot. Not every position there is physical but the stress eats at everyone. It's disgusting and should be illegal.

People walking on eggshells wondering if today is gonna be the day they get fired- all to get that buttplug and phone charger to the customer just a little bit faster.
Yeah, warehouse workers are expendable and easily replaced. I'd say 90% of those hired don't even last a month, and 95% probably don't last 2 months. But I'm willing to bet they're great for the manager and corporate employees they have because those are the people they actually care about retaining.

When I was 16 I was working construction doing roofing work and was toting 2 80 lb bundles of shingles on my shoulder up a ladder to nail on a hard ass roof on my knees in 100 degree southern weather (you know the weather that has FULL humidity). So walking around in an air conditioned/heated building to pull customer orders doesn't really impress me in regards to degree of difficulty.

Yeah, warehouse workers are expendable and easily replaced. I'd say 90% of those hired don't even last a month, and 95% probably don't last 2 months. But I'm willing to bet they're great for the manager and corporate employees they have because those are the people they actually care about retaining.

When I was 16 I was working construction doing roofing work and was toting 2 80 lb bundles of shingles on my shoulder up a ladder to nail on a hard ass roof on my knees in 100 degree southern weather (you know the weather that has FULL humidity). So walking around in an air conditioned/heated building to pull customer orders doesn't really impress me in regards to degree of difficulty.
You're preaching to the choir on climbing roofs/under houses in 100 degree heat. I've been there and done that, but Amazon was a different beast. 15 miles at a decent clip, if I took the wrong route I get my legs broken by a KIVA robot, and a person's job is on my shoulders every minute I work.

Maybe I cared a little too much for my 'expendable' coworkers but it didn't feel good watching adults hang their fucking heads every night sulking because Emporer Bezos needs them picking 500 items/hr, not 499.

Feels like the twilight zone that liberals and Democrats refuse to defend workers against a system that's designed to break them physically and mentally.

You're preaching to the choir on climbing roofs/under houses in 100 degree heat. I've been there and done that, but Amazon was a different beast. 15 miles at a decent clip, if I took the wrong route I get my legs broken by a KIVA robot, and a person's job is on my shoulders every minute I work.

Maybe I cared a little too much for my 'expendable' coworkers but it didn't feel good watching adults hang their fucking heads every night sulking because Emporer Bezos needs them picking 500 items/hr, not 499.

Feels like the twilight zone that liberals and Democrats refuse to defend workers against a system that's designed to break them physically and mentally.
How in the world can you hold democrats responsible? Both parties are beholden to big business, but the Republicans are much worse when it comes to worker protections, labor regulations, and rabid union busters.

How in the world can you hold democrats responsible? Both parties are beholden to big business, but the Republicans are much worse when it comes to worker protections, labor regulations, and rabid union busters.
"We are dog shit when it comes to workers' rights but at least we aren't horse shit like the Republicans!!"

Btw I was referring to the general sentiment left leaning posters have in this thread towards Amazon's business practices. I find it sad that due to Amazon's popularity it's blinded the people who should be their biggest critics.

Hats off to Bezos(and a big thanks to his ownership of a liberal news company) that he's convinced so many people that he's not just another rich corporate cocksucker.

It is sort of odd that UPS dumps some packages at the post office.

BTW, you'd think people would be happy that Trump is going after the billionaire but nope. Said this before, we care but how much? Not enough to fuck with our free delivery.

It is sort of odd that UPS dumps some packages at the post office.
UPS been doing that, and so has FedEx, they're paying the post office. Oddly enough package delivery is actually profitable for the post office, unlike regular first class mail.

Trump should definitely attack Amazon based on labor practices and not taxes or the post office. He's not going to win with that argument, but if he makes it seem like Amazon is taking advantage of poor and disadvantaged workers then he could get the SJW's and mainstream media on his side. The Mainstream media may love Amazon, but they love tearing down the hero even more than they love the hero.

BTW, you'd think people would be happy that Trump is going after the billionaire but nope. Said this before, we care but how much? Not enough to fuck with our free delivery.
He is going after bezos based on personal vendetta rather than substance or policy tho

Or, like thinking people, we both want Amazon and Bezos to pay their taxes while treating their workers like humans, and don't want our president to be levying financial penalties on companies because he doesn't like their owners.....

Back