Trump Turns Politically Correct in Saudi Arabia

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I've come to the conclusion the left is so rustled by this speech is because they realise if Trump started trashing the Saudi's on their own turf he would have been thrown from a building within 15 minutes

OPEC.

That's all there is to say.

At least Trump - and the republican party - are making moves for energy independence.

Saudi Arabia will get their comeuppance in time.

It's disappointing, but he's learning that if you want to be a politician, you have to be a politician. You can't just be some maverick running around pissing all other countries off when it's much more beneficial to have them on your side. I mean it would be super funny and badass if he went over there and cut a heel promo on them, but that's just not smart.

I find it funny how liberals just refuse to acknowledge that Trump actually did something good. When he acts wild, they say he's a liability. When he acts reasonable and presidential, they say he's a gutless sell out with no integrity. :D But that just goes to partisan politics, which is a mental disease.

Please. Trump got elected by complaining about how 'career politicians' do business. If Trump supporters are going to continue supporting him, they/you should concede you were full of shit during the campaign.

Please. Trump got elected by complaining about how 'career politicians' do business. If Trump supporters are going to continue supporting him, they/you should concede you were full of shit during the campaign.

Do you mean to tell me a politician was DISHONEST during his campaign???

Joey-Tribbiani-Shocked-Reaction-Friends.gif

What president in the history of America lived up to everything they said they would do on the campaign trail? Don't be a moron.

The reality is a significant portion of our economy is still dependent upon their oil.

We gotta play ball with them. In the meantime we also need to make moves towards energy independence.

AviatorShades, wrong as usual, but still walking around with an undeserved sense that he is always right

The only way you could be correct here is if the article said "Trump called ALL Mexican immigrants 'rapists'"

He clearly called Mexican immigrants rapists and he implied that the majority are rapists, by saying that he assumes some are good people.

I want to see your rebuttal to something so clear-cut

You seem to be simultaneously agreeing that he did not categorically call Mexican immigrants rapists and instead accused a significant percentage of illegal Mexican immigrants of "drugs, crime, rape" but still demanding a rebuttal.

I also agreed with him, Mexico has displayed very little concern regarding the crime they export via illegal immigration into the US and while some are good people, the phenomenon grossly consists of social burdens including drugs, rapists, and other forms of crime. Being offended by what he actually said is on you, but "calling Mexican immigrants rapists" is a categorical accusation and the journalist is lying to portray Trump as a candidate who openly ran on irrational hatred of all things foreign. That sets him up to act surprised when the Trump who never existed to begin with "sells out".

The fact that you have to nitpick his statement while basically agreeing with it (via the some/all qualifiers) can be taken as a valid criticism of Trump's way of speaking, but doesn't contribute to the picture the journalist is attempting to paint.

His views haven't changed so much as he's developed more polished defenses for dealing with media trolls. That's why we've been reduced to pretending we don't know what the word "great" means.

How is acknowledging that Islam is one of the world's great religions inconsistent with his previous statements on the topic? Has real, non-bogeyman Trump ever stated that he intends to eradicate Islam in Islamic countries or denied the scale of the religion? What is the specific inconsistency you've observed?

Last edited:
I've come to the conclusion the left is so rustled by this speech is because they realise if Trump started trashing the Saudi's on their own turf he would have been thrown from a building within 15 minutes
That's what happens when you see everything in terms of right or left. You see what you want to see.

You seem to be simultaneously agreeing that he did not categorically call Mexican immigrants rapists and instead accused a significant percentage of illegal Mexican immigrants of "drugs, crime, rape" but still demanding a rebuttal.
AviatorShades said:
That never happened. He accused Mexico of taking advantage of lax border security and sending the US rapists. He did not "call Mexican immigrants rapists". The journalist is blatantly lying through their teeth and should be terminated, but it functions as a helpful illustration of where he's coming from in his delusional expectations of the current Trump.
AviatorShades said:
That never happened... He did not "call Mexican immigrants rapists".
Donald Trump said:
They’re rapists.
AviatorShades said:
The journalist is blatantly lying through their teeth
Wow!

I was actually going to give you kudos for pasting the entire Trump quote in context rather than just "They're rapists" in isolation, but I guess my rebuttal was stronger than expected and you fell back on your bread and butter. Better luck next time.

Key summary:

-The journalist attempts to use nitpicked campaign soundbites to portray Trump as an openly racist wild-man.

-This way Trump can be accused of being too scared to be his true racist wild-man self every time he engages in normal diplomatic relations with foreign leaders.

Last edited:
I was actually going to give you kudos for pasting the entire Trump quote in context rather than just "They're rapists" in isolation, but I guess my rebuttal was stronger than expected and you fell back on your bread and butter. Better luck next time.
Give it up, man

To be fair he can't go places as leader of the country to tell them what shit they are.
That's for the home crowd that would never travel anyways

He talks about how shit they are on his soil but once on their turf he tucks tail.

And I was correct when i posted it in full context and you were wrong.

And I was correct when i posted it in full context and you were wrong.

I don't feel as though you're trying to be right so much as skim for some gotcha and say you beat AviatorShades at foruming. You all but announced that in your opening line.

Let's simplify by removing ourselves from the equation.

Let's say Trump's statements about illegal immigrants were poorly worded enough to qualify as a gaffe or an insult, especially out of context. While I believe the journalist's categorical, out-of-context version of events constitutes a lie, I will concede that Trump needs to make his points more eloquently.

Let's say that when Trump referred to Islam as one of the world's great religions, a small, not-very-literate segment of the population interpreted "great" informally and thought Trump was praising Islam.

Do you consider these two extremely weak, reaching interpretations of hand-selected sentence fragments to be compelling evidence that Trump has morphed from a reckless bigot into a "crumpling" submissive, as the article implies?

I don't feel as though you're trying to be right so much as skim for some gotcha and say you beat AviatorShades at foruming. You all but announced that in your opening line.

Let's simplify by removing ourselves from the equation.

Let's say Trump's statements about illegal immigrants were poorly worded enough to qualify as a gaffe or an insult, especially out of context. While I believe the journalist's categorical, out-of-context version of events constitutes a lie, I will concede that Trump needs to make his points more eloquently.

Let's say that when Trump referred to Islam as one of the world's great religions, a small, not-very-literate segment of the population interpreted "great" informally and thought Trump was praising Islam.

Do you consider these two extremely weak, reaching interpretations to be compelling evidence that Trump has morphed from a reckless bigot into a "crumpling" submissive, as the article implies?
YOU.
WERE.
WRONG!

There are pretty much no principles in politics or on this forum right now. It's bizarre watching everyone flip-flop on behalf of a buffoon, as if they have absolutely no choice in the matter. Just stick to your guns. If you hate when Presidents golf for some reason, then hate when all Presidents golf. If you hate when Presidents pander to the middle east, then show some consistency for gods sake. Pretending it's somehow different and okay when your guy does it is pathetic and makes any reasonable discussion on here impossible.

YOU.
WERE.
WRONG!

I feel like that entire exchange helped to illustrate the phenomenon I described in my original post and my criticism of the article.

Two completely unrelated sentence fragments isolated and exaggerated at different points in Trump's campaign/presidency then used as evidence that he has "crumpled".

Do you disagree?

I know I come across as a Trump fanatic due to frequently defending him but it's really more about my loathe for trite media tactics. He is just "OK" to me.

I feel like that entire exchange helped to illustrate the phenomenon I described in my original post and my criticism of the article.

Two completely unrelated sentence fragments isolated and exaggerated at different points in Trump's campaign/presidency then used as evidence that he has "crumpled".

Do you disagree?

I know I come across as a Trump fanatic due to frequently defending him but it's really more about my loathe for trite media tactics. He is just "OK" to me.
If you're contending that what he said was completely different taken in context, yes, I disagree.

trump has been in israel for about an hour. and it looks like he already converted to judaism.

the yamaka he is wearing is tremendous.

Back