Trump: Take away the gun first, due process second.

Last edited:
Get over it and be honest.

i am still waiting for you to prove your claims with anything but pure speculation.

Stil a lot less restrictions then Hillary would have pushed for.

As I said Hillary would have gone a hell of a lot further on control then this. If you are honest younonow that.

True but that plan would be to take as much as ahe possible could from gun owners.

Yet you can´t provide a single link to this plan Hillary supposedly had in place. No link to legislation she would have proposed if she won the election.

This has about as much merit as:

Hillary will start WW III
Hillary will be in the pocket of GS

Scare tactics for rubes.

Imagine if Trump ends up being more anti-gun/anti-2nd amendment than Obama ever was. Obama may have talked about "common sense gun control" (iirc he coined the term), but he never really pushed for legislation like Trump seems to be doing.
By making this push he's already more anti-2nd than Obama ever was, lol.

LOL
Donny Moscow has done more to weaken gun rights than any liberal could have hoped for.

Suck on that, Trump voters.

i am still waiting for you to prove your claims with anything but pure speculation.

Yet you can´t provide a single link to this plan Hillary supposedly had in place. No link to legislation she would have proposed if she won the election.

This has about as much merit as:

Hillary will start WW III
Hillary will be in the pocket of GS

Scare tactics for rubes.

Bull shit I linked a plan proposed by her supporters and the democrats .

I've said this before and I'll say it now. You can make every law you want, but it's not going to change anything. Gonna come door to door to take guns? No way in hell even if you wanted to lol.

I've said this before and I'll say it now. You can make every law you want, but it's not going to change anything. Gonna come door to door to take guns? No way in hell even if you wanted to lol.
This.
Example, there are buried caches of guns in Ireland, without much doubt

Trump is working on turning his base away with this for sure.

He could have had bump stocks and let the states and companies decide on age. Any push toward mag bans and such is going to backfire for him.

He could have had bump stocks and let the states and companies decide on age. Any push toward mag bans and such is going to backfire for him.

Companies? as in companies deciding on policy?

The President has no understanding of even basic civics. That is problematic.

I would bet Trump walks this back at least to some degree, he's done it plenty of times before. He'll give a speech that will be totally confusing, probably next week, and will say something like how we have to protect kids from gun violence yet no one loves the 2A more than him and he would never take away guns without due process (a total lie of course). We'll see if my prediction is right but if it isn't there will be a battle within the GOP on this. I read that GOP Senators already have come out against Trump's ideas.

Trump doesn't have a coherent position on anything, so I don't think this issue is any different.

Get over it and be honest.

Here is a bill just introduced by the democrats and her supporters.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/h...ale-of-semi-automatic-weapons/article/2650087

The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds.

They're not even specifically going after "assault" weapons. This would include every non revolver handgun as well in their definition

IE, what my 5'1" wife carriers for personal protection. That is what this bill is taking away

This seems like an attempt to throw an argument so far left, they try and take the center with it.

"Hey now, that's an asanine proposition. Let's just focus on semi-auto rifles with detachable 30 round mags" is what they want people to say in rebuttal to this

Which is their whole mission accomplished (at least at the moment)

Of course, headlines will simply call this Assault Weapons Ban, and let the misinformed on Facebook criticize anyone against it figuring its actually talking about the big scary AR15s

Don't allow people who are prescribed psychiatric medications to posses or live in a residence that has any types of firearms in it

So this all happened at a closed door meeting? Is there video? Even the guy (Phil Mattingly) who was linked in OP says what he discussed in that Tweet isn't the same as what the White House has been proposing.

Either way I'll put my opinion as this : if Trump is suggesting taking the guns away without due process he can go fuck himself. I've argued vehemently against that kind of oppression and I'll continue that argument regardless of who proposes the removal of due process.

I'm going to wait this one out and see what actually happens before I get my panties in a serious bunch. I don't see any direct quotes in any of the Tweets from OP so who knows how much people are "reading into" what Trump actually said. I'm certain he knows that kind of horseshit would never pass and perhaps it's some kind of bargaining tactic.

So this all happened at a closed door meeting? Is there video? Even the guy (Phil Mattingly) who was linked in OP says what he discussed in that Tweet isn't the same as what the White House has been proposing.

Either way I'll put my opinion as this : if Trump is suggesting taking the guns away without due process he can go fuck himself. I've argued vehemently against that kind of oppression and I'll continue that argument regardless of who proposes the removal of due process.

I'm going to wait this one out and see what actually happens before I get my panties in a serious bunch. I don't see any direct quotes in any of the Tweets from OP so who knows how much people are "reading into" what Trump actually said. I'm certain he knows that kind of horseshit would never pass and perhaps it's some kind of bargaining tactic.

Yep there is literally video of this, specifically the remark about due process. All of these things are direct quotes, many of which have been captured and shared on video. Nobody is reading into anything, these are the actual words the president said.

Rather then writing a post trying to find some explanation beyond him actually saying what every news outlet out there is saying he said, you could have Googled and found the very video that existence you question.

He's a dumb guy that doesn't know when to shut up because he doesn't have an actual thought out position on most if not all political topics.

According to USA Today:

"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

I think the issue is more that he doesn't understand what due process means. What I read into that is that Trump thinks we should be able to get some kind of emergency court order to take the guns of dangerous people like this kid. That would be due process, but Trump doesn't get what the concept means.

Back