Trump: Take away the gun first, due process second.

problematic.
Off topic but I fucking hate this word.

Like, I hate that word the way the Hell's Angels hate Bandidos or the way the KKK hates non-whites and Jews or the way Hitler hated Jews.

But I thought Obama was the one who wanted to take away our guns with no due process??????

Off topic but I fucking hate this word.

Like, I hate that word the way the Hell's Angels hate Bandidos or the way the KKK hates non-whites and Jews or the way Hitler hated Jews.
lol why is that? How about "It's a problem that our president doesn't understand basic civics"? Does that get the jimjams too?

The left taking a shit on 2nd amendment rights, unacceptable

Trump taking a shit on 2nd amendment rights?

I'm watching with great interest for the double standard to be employed.

It's not going to happen. Tribalism can be extreme obviously, but this is a line being crossed that won't be tolerated by a majority of his supporters... I'm also impressed with left leaning folks defending our 2nd amendment... Trump, the great uniter?

It's not going to happen. Tribalism can be extreme obviously, but this is a line being crossed that won't be tolerated by a majority of his supporters... I'm also impressed with left leaning folks defending our 2nd amendment... Trump, the great uniter?
I've always been a strong 2nd amendment voter and so have all my hunting friends. Here in Michigan that's common.

I don't think a gun grab is the answer to the kids shooting up schools problem, which is a psychological issue.
There's a couple of generations now that have a few that can't get over life's hurdles and snap.

When I was that age this shit didn't happen. There was a lot less of what psychologists would call "bottling".

If you're for even substantial restrictions on gun ownership due process has to be involved. Otherwise whatever measures are introduced are unlikely to have staying power.

So a Trump method to accomplish the same goal is useless to the left because it won't stand up because he simply doesn't know how things work.

i did my bit to take dangerous weapons off the street by purchasing a DDM4v7. Your welcome America.

What about a gun license with a gun safety class as a requirement?

Also 4 day waiting list for gun purchases, at this time any red flags when your gun license is scanned gets automatically sent to law enforcement/ fbi so they can do their due diligence without actually stopping anyone from purchasing a gun?

If law enforcement then finds out there's beyond reasonable doubt that you're going to commit a crime then they can act on it. They got those 4 days to assess if you're a threat.

Red flags like mental health disorder, psych meds, watch list, history of dangerous behaviour, etc

Dont know how well this would work, and if it's feasible, but this way no one gets denied purchasing a gun

California has 10 days wait and background checks etc and hasnt stopped any of their school shootings

Yep there is literally video of this, specifically the remark about due process. All of these things are direct quotes, many of which have been captured and shared on video. Nobody is reading into anything, these are the actual words the president said.

Rather then writing a post trying to find some explanation beyond him actually saying what every news outlet out there is saying he said, you could have Googled and found the very video that existence you question.

He's a dumb guy that doesn't know when to shut up because he doesn't have an actual thought out position on most if not all political topics.

Fair enough, from reading the tweets it sounded like it was a closed door session. Fuck Trump, and anybody else, if they believe this is the most prudent route.

The most polarizing figure of our generation said something to make the heads explode of both the people who love him and the people who hate him. Lmao, there will never be a dull moment as long as he remains in the public eye.

But I thought Obama was the one who wanted to take away our guns with no due process??????
Coming for them any day now.

It cracks me up. From the same people, you hear constant defense of the dotard in chief even to the point of saying, and anyway ho hum he can't do that much damage because checks and balances, and then the very next minute, they're coming to take our guns!!!

According to USA Today:

"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

I think the issue is more that he doesn't understand what due process means. What I read into that is that Trump thinks we should be able to get some kind of emergency court order to take the guns of dangerous people like this kid. That would be due process, but Trump doesn't get what the concept means.
No Trump gets it, he wants Law Enforcement to be able to take the guns away immediately, then go to the courts.

@usmctanker242

"A lot of times by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court to get the due process procedures, I like taking the guns early,"

Video is here

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/politics/due-process-donald-trump-second-amendment/index.html

I told ya'll. Trump is a liberal New Yorker. He only ran Republican for pragmatic reasons like Bloomberg did in the past.

LOL. In voters' defense they said they voted Trump, not Republican.

I don't really buy that. Along with Trump, republicans won plenty in Congress in the same cycle. The same people voting Trump had to have been voting R on the same ballot.

lol why is that? How about "It's a problem that our president doesn't understand basic civics"? Does that get the jimjams too?
No. Just the word problematic fucking triggers me like a motherfucker.

I think it's years of hearing putos in college with no life experiences using the word when they're white-splaining to me how Seattle isn't racist (it literally had city ordinances about where Asians could live on the books well into the 70s you putzes!)

I don't really buy that. Along with Trump, republicans won plenty in Congress in the same cycle. The same people voting Trump had to have been voting R on the same ballot.
Agree or not this is what they said. It's certainly true for me and many of my friends as well. And when you think of a key state like PA it was likely independents and disgusted dems that put Trump over the top.

Agree or not this is what they said. It's certainly true for me and many of my friends as well. And when you think of a key state like PA it was likely independents and disgusted dems that put Trump over the top.

So how did you vote on the rest of the ticket?

Back