Trump: Take away the gun first, due process second.

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Did anyone just watch that bipartisan meeting with Trump and senators right now?

He told republicans they were afraid of the NRA over raising the age of purchase. Said police should take the guns away from suspected mentally ill people before giving them due process. Also, Trump told republicans to not add a national concealed carry to any gun bill because it wouldn’t pass.

I'm starting to like this guy lol

His conversation directly with Mike Pence

“The police saw that he was a problem, they didn’t take any guns away,” Trump said. “Now that could have been policing, but they should have taken them away anyway, whether they had the right or not.”

He doubled down on the claim later in the meeting after Vice President Mike Pence spoke about due process and giving local law enforcement more leeway to obtain a court order to collect firearms from potentially dangerous people.

“Mike, take the firearms first and then go to court, because that’s another system,” Trump said. “A lot of times, by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court, to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-gun-control_us_5a97112ae4b09c872bb0d969

I like taking the guns early too Trump

Wait, Donald Trump has little respect for rule of law or following procedure? I am shocked, shocked I say.

Want the political credit for "doing something" about gun violence? Don't want the political fallout of actually changing national gun policy?

Just tell the cops not to follow laws! Brilliant! What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
Merge with the other thread... his is better

Trump the democrat is showing his true colors.

This guy is all over the map and I'm convinced he has literally spend 0 time thinking about how to solve the gun issue lol

Trump is fucking worthless.

Any bleeding heart liberal law student still has more procedural respect for the 2nd Amendment (and all US laws, etc.) than this bozo piece of shit.

He claimed past background check bills didn't have Presidential support ie blaming Obama, and when corrected otherwise and Obama did support it he then flipped it and said it failed BECAUSE Obama supported it. And while he might be right about that latter point, as the saying goes, there is always a tweet for that -

Trump is fucking worthless.

Any bleeding heart liberal law student still has more procedural respect for the 2nd Amendment (and all US laws, etc.) than this bozo piece of shit.
Fuck i have to agree with Trotsky?

Trump is playing to emotions over this. Sorry bub but the law and 2nd amendment trumps you.

There's a way to be bipartisan on this issue and that isn't it.

This is going to fuck over a lot of liberals who most likely take anti-depressants and anti-psychotics and who have been 51/50d. At least mass shootings will go down significantly.

You can bet there will be a statement put out later today clarifying exactly what Trump really meant during this meeting, and it will be written by the NRA. They didn't "donate" $30M for this.

I agree with raising the age of purchase to 21. Good move by Trump.

Don't really care about bump stocks

I agree with ideas such as putting things in place to keep firearms out of the hands of people who have been diagnosed clinically with a mental illness, has been prescribed anti-psychotic or anti-depressants in say the past five years or been committed to a psychiatric facility in the past five years.

BUT we need actual laws and systems to report these for background checks. We can't just take property from people just on an anonymous phone call. We need actual laws passed and signed to make it happen first. We are a country of laws first and foremost.

I'm not a big fan of the "if Obama said that" critique, but the shit storm would have been absolutely preposterous.

So much going on in this vid -

DiFi sitting next to Trump giddy, Klobuchar leans back and then looks down at Toomey who is nervously smiling. To Klobuchar's left is Steve Scalise, who was shot not too long ago, just sits there stonefaced, and the guy beside Scalise basically face-palms. To the right of Klobuchar is Pence who doesn't flinch, just sits there thinking "What the FUCK!", and beside him Grassley looks over at him like "Say something Pence".

This wont happen. Trump has the attention span of a fly.

Wow. Of all the things THIS is what will get him impeached, with Republicans leading the charge.

Your move libs! Keep Trump and stricter or gun laws or impeach and get president “buckshot” pence.

Having non neo liberal or conservative beliefs will soon be grounds for "mentally ill"

He is wrong as was on due process depending on how the law is written.

If they can write a law that will pass constitutional muster I would like to see it.

So pro 2nd organisations are going to put pressure on Congress which they should.

Stil a lot less restrictions then Hillary would have pushed for.

I'm waiting for the Trumpsters and other righties in here to blow a gasket like they would if Obama or Hillary said such a thing. There is a history on here of them criticizing the left of less.

Back