Trump says he is "absolutely considering" proposals to eliminate 9th Circuit Court

<bball1>
3rd highest is not the same as 3rd place?
Why would you think that's the point I'm making? The point is obvious: if you really want to focus on poor overturn rates, there are two circuit courts that should be ahead in the queue.

Why would you think that's the point I'm making? The point is obvious: if you really want to focus on poor overturn rates, there are two circuit courts that should be ahead in the queue.
that makes 0 sense whatsoever. I said they had the 3rd highest rate, you responded with no they don't, they are actually in 3rd place.

I don't see how I'm wrong here, other than my original statement that I corrected. 79% of their cases that are reviewed by the SCOTUS get overturned. Thats a poor score no matter how you spin it.

"Oh the cases that don't get appealed don't get overturned though!" Duh.

I suspect you're trolling, but lots of cases get appealed to the SCOTUS, but SCOTUS doesn't accept them because they conclude that the opinion is clearly correct and does not need to be reviewed.

The fact is that the 9th isn't even always the worse even though it often get the most controversial cases. The Federal Circuit Court is often worse.

Honestly, I would happily have employees who, when faced with complex decisions, would make the same choice I would 99.9% of the time.

I suspect you're trolling, but almost all the cases get appealed to the SCOTUS, but SCOTUS doesn't accept them because they conclude that the opinion is clearly correct and does not need to be reviewed.

The fact is that the 9th isn't even always the worse even though it often get the most controversial cases. The Federal Circuit Court is often worse.

Honestly, I would happily have employees who, when faced with complex decisions, would make the same choice I would 99.9% of the time.
Neat.

Yet they are still the 3rd highest overturned circuit in the country.

Yeah good fuck em, who needs checks and balances and judicial oversight of the executive anyway?

Fuck every molecule of em. Not only should they be dismantled, they should be tried for treason, sedition and whatever other highly unlikely charge to stick thrown at them. Just for symbolic value if nothing else. Fucking disgusting creatures, toss em all in the lake of fire.

Fuck every molecule of em. Not only should they be dismantled, they should be tried for treason, sedition and whatever other highly unlikely charge to stick thrown at them. Just for symbolic value if nothing else. Fucking disgusting creatures, toss em all in the lake of fire.

Spoken like a real fascist. Congrats

So, uh, no actual argument defending your contempt for checks and balances and judicial oversight just vitriol? Geez, if you want your shit country to turn into a Banana Republic then do as you wish but I'd like my country to remain one worth living in.

OK, I will admit I misread my own source.

The source tells me that 79% of their cases reviewed by the supreme court are overturned. So with that correction in mind, its still sort of a poor average, isn't it?
lol 80% of the cases reviewed get overturned. even if your boss reviewed 1% of your work and found 80% of it wrong, what would he think of your overall work?

79% of their cases that SCOTUS decides to hear are overturned. That represents less than 1% of all of their cases.

To give you a scope of how cherry picked that metric is, the ninth circuit heard over 10,000 cases in 2015. Probably about 1500 were presented to SCOTUS for review. The Supreme Court selected 11 as actually meriting review (ie, were possibly wrong), and reversed 8 of those.

This is not getting 79% of your job wrong. This is getting 99.9% of your job correct, and then people reviewing your performance on the 0.1% that your boss wants you to explain and possibly redo.
LOL just becuase they don't get reviewed doesn't mean they were right or wouldbnot get overturned if they were reviewed.

If your boss reviews 1% of your work and finds 80% of it wrong, what is he going to think of your overall work?

lol 80% of the cases reviewed get overturned. even if your boss reviewed 1% of your work and found 80% of it wrong, what would he think of your overall work?
He'd think you were absolutely retarded for thinking this makes any sense.

My boss would dwell on what I did wrong and remind me about it all the time.

He'd think you were absolutely retarded for thinking this makes any sense.
Says the dumbass that thinks getting 80% of your work wrong (in any PERCENTAGE) IS OK.

We know you are fuckin retarded but you don't need to type shit out and keep showing everyone.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a dumbass rather than open it and prove to everyone you are a dumbass. Well that ship has sailed but no need to keep reminding everyone.

LOL just becuase they don't get reviewed doesn't mean they were right or wouldbnot get overturned if they were reviewed.

If your boss reviews 1% of your work and finds 80% of it wrong, what is he going to think of your overall work?
Your argument is as comprehensible as ever.

1.) It's not a random sample. People don't bother to appeal cases where the court did a good job. Generally speaking, the more likely it is to get overturned, the more likely it is to be appealed, and vice-versa. Scotus is sampling from the most controversial cases.
2.) They're not reviewing 1% of the work. They're reviewing about 15% of the work. The post you quoted explicitly stated that 1500 out of the 10000 cases are presented for review to Scotus. Of those 1500 cases, Scotus reads the application for certiori and the 9th circuit's decision. Then they decide that 10 had possible grounds for overturned, and selected those for further briefing and argument, of which 8 are actually overturned.

The 80% figure is because shitty journalists only know about the last step, and shitty posters lap it up, but they've reviewed 1500 cases to get to those 8.

If my boss reviewed 15% of my work, and ultimately only found 0.5% wrong, he'd probably give me a bonus larger than your annual take-home.

My boss would dwell on what I did wrong and remind me about it all the time.
but im sure he wouldthink all the other work he didnt review was great and he just happen to catch you on a bad day.

Im sure hed think it was no Biggie

Back