Trump says he is "absolutely considering" proposals to eliminate 9th Circuit Court

Your point has nothing to do what I say, Judges can be impeached, that's a fact so don't twist my argument.

Judges can be impeached. That's a fact. I agree.
Problem is, your facts have nothing to do with your argument.

No, not actually.
A google search tells me that 79% of their judgments are overturned the third highest in the nation. Like I said, I'm no expert on the topic but thats not good is it?

What if you did 79% of your job wrong?

What's really funny is that liberals think only presidents can be impeached...so can judges.
1o12au.jpg

I can't say I actually follow the 9th circuit courts but is it true that their track record is abysmal?
Well Sean Hannity says it so it must be true. No circuit court has ever had an overturn percentage that was even a significant fraction of 1% that I'm aware of. Notice that there is a huge difference between the numbers "far less than 1%" and "79%." The 9th is consistently close to the top when only taking into account the tiny number of cases that the supreme court actually takes, compared with other circuits, but they are not always even the most overturned by that measure. They also take on many more cases, especially controversial ones, which means there will be more outliers that the supreme court will take on.

Last edited:
A google search tells me that 79% of their judgments are overturned the third highest in the nation. Like I said, I'm no expert on the topic but thats not good is it?

What percentage of their total case load actually goes to the supreme court? How does that compare to other appeals courts?

Well Sean Hannity says it so it must be true. No district court has ever had an overturn percentage that was even a significant fraction of 1% that I'm aware of. Notice that there is a huge difference between the numbers "far less than 1%" and "79%." The 9th is consistently close to the top when only taking into account the tiny number of cases that the supreme court actually takes, compared with other districts, but they are not always even the most overturned by that measure. They also take on many more cases, especially controversial ones, which means there will be more outliers that the supreme court will take on.
OK, I will admit I misread my own source.

The source tells me that 79% of their cases reviewed by the supreme court are overturned. So with that correction in mind, its still sort of a poor average, isn't it?

What percentage of their total case load actually goes to the supreme court? How does that compare to other appeals courts?
I made a correction in my post below yours. I was incorrect with my original statement.

The usual suspects are blatantly cheering for hints of fascism

Heir lecter
Heir rip

coming from someone who was nominated as one of the worst posters on sherdog

thanks for your great argumentation instead of just resulting to petty insults

OK, I will admit I misread my own source.

The source tells me that 79% of their cases reviewed by the supreme court are overturned. So with that correction in mind, its still sort of a poor average, isn't it?
Yeah, they deal with a lot of crazy cases there. It's not nearly the problem that people act like though. They also take on way more cases period. What happens with that is more cases equals more outliers. There are fewer liberal courts than conservative ones too. So what happens is the concentration of liberal cases, which freaks out people like you and Sean Hannity, combined with the high number of outliers, and then you guys start forming a perception that there's some major problem. So a conman like Trump comes along, and the impulse is to say "Yeah, maga or whatever, let's get rid of the 9th circuit, sounds right to my republican impulses."

I'm no lawyer but I doubt he can.

He can't. Congress creates the lower courts and they can eliminate them. Pres just has to deal with it.

Last edited:
I thought he said break up the 9th not eliminate

79% of their cases that SCOTUS decides to hear are overturned. That represents less than 1% of all of their cases.

To give you a scope of how cherry picked that metric is, the ninth circuit heard over 10,000 cases in 2015. Probably about 1500 were presented to SCOTUS for review. The Supreme Court selected 11 as actually meriting review (ie, were possibly wrong), and reversed 8 of those.

This is not getting 79% of your job wrong. This is getting 99.9% of your job correct, and then people reviewing your performance on the 0.1% that your boss wants you to explain and possibly redo.

Last edited:
79% of their cases that SCOTUS decides to hear are overturned. That represents less than 1% of all of their cases.

To give you a scope of how cherry picked that metric is, the ninth circuit heard over 10,000 cases in 2015. Probably about 1,000 were presented to SCOTUS for review. The Supreme Court selected 11 as actually needing review (ie, were possibly wrong), and reversed 8 of those.

This is not getting 79% of your job wrong. This is getting 99.9% of your job correct, and then people reviewing your performance on the 0.1% that your boss wants you to explain and possibly redo.
I'd say that kind of success would deserve some hefty bonuses and possible promotions.

That said, this is meaningless except for what it reveals about Trump's motives. Breaking up the 9th is a good move, it's twice the size of any other circuit.

But it won't actually change the rulings or power of any particular judge. They're still there, it just redistributes the districts and panels.

Is this the one with all the anti-American leftist bastards that deserve to be thrown into the lake of fire for eternity?, if so...Good.
I am on record not supporting this.

A tar and feathering is much more appropriate. #MAGA

I'll add this to the list of bullshit that definitely won't happen but he's a shit-tard for even saying.

Does even the President have the power to do that?
1.) No
2.) Breaking up the 9th is actually a good idea
3.) It won't have the effect he thinks, and won't meaningfully reduce the power of these judges.

Back