Trump is Growing on me

This isnt a genuine thread. I never had a problem with Trump during the campaign, despite his words. I actually support many of his vague policies in principle and hope he succeeds and the far left has to STFU for 4-8 years.

But anyone who says they like him more now than before is either lying or not paying attention. He actually hasnt done anything since being elected except brag and whine. Dude has been a complete mess.

Colby, you've always been a Trump supporter. I'm not gonna go through your post history unless you insist on being a pain, but you've been a Trump supporter for a while. I'm not sure who you think you're fooling, we can all read your shit.
Actually @colby25 was a little wary of Trump in the beginning. I remember trying to convince colby that Trump was our best candidate.

So far i gotta say: this guy is awesome. Guy pulls no punches- i love it, it's a breath of fresh air.

and this gem here:

Glad you're open to this new type of Presidency
-while I do agree his rhetoric and methods are not the definition of typical decorum, he is a breath of fresh air; someone who can put away the relative trivial notions of how a President "Should Act", be "All Knowing" of very often very specific topics/questions, and just fit some mold of the Presidency as defined by the Press.
--this concept comes secondary to actually doing the job of the president.

The thing is, he is actually attempting to change this country.
-Some of the items he had campaigned on and objectives he did state during his campaign have shown up in his Executive Orders and Memos.
-He is putting the biased Press on the defense because they need to be exposed; America is opening their eyes and seeing the level of unprecedented, and at times, unfair criticism Trump gets. America is seeing the press's attempts to sway and control public opinion, attention, and resources.

Let's hope he and congress can get to education, campaign finance reform, and non-discretionary spending issues sooner than later.
-Meaningful changes on these items will define his presidency more than anything.
-Also simple collaboration with congress will be more of an achievement in the Office of the Presidency than anything over the past 6 years
(though both congress and the previous administration are both at fault for this)

Agreed. Everything people were concerned about beforehand is being borne out, and the people who were denying it (expecting him to act more dignified in office or to get serious about governing once he had power) are just straight up denying reality. I don't see how anyone with more than a third-grade education can watch that press conference and fail to see what a blithering idiot he is. And that's our president.

The associated press had some quotes from these upstanding Americans you seem to be hinting don't posses an elementary school education! How dare you sir?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...f-combative-press-conference/article34065512/

Richelle Kirk of Logan, West Virginia, watched some of Trump’s news conference on Thursday and didn’t see any head-scratching comments from the president.
“I back him 100 per cent,” said the 42-year-old stay-at-home mom. “You either love it or get out, is my opinion.”

<6>

Kevin Felty of Norfolk, Virginia, said it was the “most impressive presidential press conference” of his life.

“Largely because it was so unorthodox,” said Felty, 48, who works as a surgical assistant and sells life insurance. “It was hyper adversarial between the president and the press. And yet he was able to control the questioning and the tone and the mood in the room.”

{<doc}

Regina Lenoir of Picayune, Mississippi, enjoyed watching Trump’s news conference and said the president “looked more relaxed.”

“the news media gets out there (and) says such and such with no corroboration,” she said. “I’m sick of them making up stories. You know, we’re intelligent people. We can make up our own mind on whether they’re telling the truth.”
<31>

Scott Hiltgen, a 66-year-old office furniture sales broker from River Falls, Wisconsin, said he was glad to see the president push back against the media. He said reporters have no proof Trump or anyone around him did anything wrong.

“He’s accomplished more in, whatever, three weeks, regarding the stuff he talked about,” Hiltgen said. “That’s what people voted for. I can’t believe there’s actually a politician doing what he says he would do. That never happens.”
{<huh}{<jordan}

The associated press had some quotes from these upstanding Americans you seem to be hinting don't posses an elementary school education! How dare you sir?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...f-combative-press-conference/article34065512/

Richelle Kirk of Logan, West Virginia, watched some of Trump’s news conference on Thursday and didn’t see any head-scratching comments from the president.
“I back him 100 per cent,” said the 42-year-old stay-at-home mom. “You either love it or get out, is my opinion.”

<6>

Kevin Felty of Norfolk, Virginia, said it was the “most impressive presidential press conference” of his life.

“Largely because it was so unorthodox,” said Felty, 48, who works as a surgical assistant and sells life insurance. “It was hyper adversarial between the president and the press. And yet he was able to control the questioning and the tone and the mood in the room.”

{<doc}

Regina Lenoir of Picayune, Mississippi, enjoyed watching Trump’s news conference and said the president “looked more relaxed.”

“the news media gets out there (and) says such and such with no corroboration,” she said. “I’m sick of them making up stories. You know, we’re intelligent people. We can make up our own mind on whether they’re telling the truth.”
<31>

Scott Hiltgen, a 66-year-old office furniture sales broker from River Falls, Wisconsin, said he was glad to see the president push back against the media. He said reporters have no proof Trump or anyone around him did anything wrong.

“He’s accomplished more in, whatever, three weeks, regarding the stuff he talked about,” Hiltgen said. “That’s what people voted for. I can’t believe there’s actually a politician doing what he says he would do. That never happens.”
{<huh}{<jordan}
LOL

I never knew a strong male was so offensive to weaker males but perhaps it's an obsession of who they truly admire secretly.
Right. This has everything to do with males (on an MMA website, mind you) who feel threatened by masculine behavior.

It has nothing to do with people who feel threatened that their president cannot string together a coherent sentence....

I didn't know that speaking in understandable sentences was "girly."

Right. This has everything to do with males (on an MMA website, mind you) who feel threatened by masculine behavior.

It has nothing to do with people who feel threatened that their president cannot string together a coherent sentence....

It's funny cause Trump has the least masculine mannerisms of almost any politician I have ever seen.

It's funny cause Trump has the least masculine mannerisms of almost any politician I have ever seen.

Obama is so weak! He can barely even throw a baseball, and he lifts small weights with bad form!

Trump, the obese draft dodger with a wig and a fake tan is a true alpha. The bastion of masculinity!

I think the whole Trump situation is hilarious. Also a surreal one but still hilarious. And I am glad he won over Hillary.

But it should be clear by now that the US either have elected a guy with a considerable mental illness.
That is so far removed from reality that he doesn't understand why the media reacts to him the way they do.
Or Trump is doing this on purpose to dictate the narrative or something.

I hope for the US he is doing it on purpose. But even if he has a mental ilnessI still have to respect that he bashed the press for over 1 hour.

"Obama is gay look at how he throws a baseball" meanwhile Trump makes a Keira Knightley face CONSTANTLY and flaps his hands around. He also talks like a sassy gay guy. Nothing wrong with it but what the heck are the criteria?

Obama is so weak! He can barely even throw a baseball, and he lifts small weights with bad form!

Trump, the obese draft dodger with a wig and a fake tan is a true alpha. The bastion of masculinity!
It's unreal how blind these people are

Hopefully you also watch videos that are critical of your tiny hand tyrant.

I keep seeing these hand jibes. Is this the new thing now, attacking hand size?

You should have it removed before it spreads to vital organs.

Don't be silly. He speaks just fine AND without a teleprompter.

A year from now there will still be terrorist attacks in Syria and Iraq, North Korean and Iranian missile launches, immigrants entering the U.S. without proper Visas and a diminished U.S. manufacturing base. At that point some, although not all, of Trump's supporters will realize that they were duped into believing that hollow, tough guy talk was going to result in changing reality.

I keep seeing these hand jibes. Is this the new thing now, attacking hand size?

Here is the background on that.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/history-donald-trump-small-hands-insult/story?id=37395515

In 1988 a magazine called him a "short fingered vulgarian" and Trump has allegedly been mailing the writer pictures of his hands for 30 years.

Trump got all rustled when Rubio brought it up at the debates and took the opportunity to assure everyone watching that his dick size is not a problem.

So, like most things with our thin skinned president it's just something that shouldn't have been a big deal to anyone else, but when you have a retard level IQ and a giant ego these things seem important.

There has got to be a statute of limitations on that line of thought, though.

I mean, she lost, get over it.

Time to start evaluating Drumpty on his own merits (or lack thereof).

I do but it always has to evaluated against how bad it would be with here.

Here is the background on that.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/history-donald-trump-small-hands-insult/story?id=37395515

In 1988 a magazine called him a "short fingered vulgarian" and Trump has allegedly been mailing the writer pictures of his hands for 30 years.

Trump got all rustled when Rubio brought it up at the debates and took the opportunity to assure everyone watching that his dick size is not a problem.

So, like most things with our thin skinned president it's just something that shouldn't have been a big deal to anyone else, but when you have a retard level IQ and a giant ego these things seem important.

Thanks for that info.

It's fair game then in my book. Im all for winding people up if something annoys them.

"Obama is gay look at how he throws a baseball" meanwhile Trump makes a Keira Knightley face CONSTANTLY and flaps his hands around. He also talks like a sassy gay guy. Nothing wrong with it but what the heck are the criteria?

Pretty simple. If the guy is on your "team" he's a paragon of manliness. If he's not, he's unmanly.

Obama's kind of a pansy, but he's young and spry and plays basketball regularly. The funny comparison is with Trudeau, who the right loves to portray as girly or something, but could obviously put Trump in a coma in less than 20 seconds and then go fuck his wife.

I do but it always has to evaluated against how bad it would be with here.
What a nonsense reply.

I said, "You have to evaluate him on his own merits."

You said, "I do."

But, then "It always has to evaluated against how bad it would be with her [sic.]"

Well, which is it? "On its own merits" means "Without comparison to other things."

This is as bad as, "There are real leaks, but the news about there being leaks is fake."

Back