Trump is asking Congress to approve 20% tax on all imports from Mexico to pay for The Wall

Don't buy Mexican produce- there's your answer. Support American farmers.
So who are these Americans growing Coffee, Avocados, Bananas, Mango's etc? You're aware that certain crops need certain environments to grow? Theres a reason we dont buy apples from Mexico.

Sure they have the votes, but they will pay for this. This is a short-con and Trump needed a long-con.

Lots of senators and congressmen weighing options now on so many things. Trump is like a drunk in a convenience store with a few dollars in his pocket. He's gonna lay down money and piss off a few people along the way.

Trump doesn't care. He pissed off millions of people already. Brother get on the Trump Train because there's no stopping the motherfucker now.

I guess my prediction is slowly coming true.

Trump would propose The Wall, and congress would turn down the propositions of how it would get done, and then he could blame it congress when it doesn't get built.

Trump doesn't care. He pissed off millions of people already. Brother get on the Trump Train because there's no stopping the motherfucker now.

Listening to this type of blathering and ball-sucking I am now looking forward to the next 4 years(in b4 8 years).

Carry on simpleton.

You might wanna check GOP reactions on the hill before you make this statement. The House Freedom Caucus leader, among others, said no.

Which is why Chump started walking it back as soon as he said it.
4cd.gif

Your avocados are enduce ripe . Theyre not fresh off the trees.
Fruit-Ripening%2BSolutions.jpg

I feel you Banchan, its not like i live in an avocado producing state and we also have to compete with americans taking the good stuff, but you really need to pick avocados right, because 50% of a given box are trash.

You've been had folks.

Trump is just finishing the fence that George W. Bush had already proposed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006

The wall hasn't been completed; Trump will ultimately see through the project.

Trump isn't proposing anything new here. He's just going to finish the job..

And how does that pays for a wall?
Because when those Mexican companies start losing much greater than the proposed 20% tax they'll be begging to work out a deal.

You've been had folks.

Trump is just finishing the fence that George W. Bush had already proposed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006

The wall hasn't been completed; Trump will ultimately see through the project.

Trump isn't proposing anything new here. He's just going to finish the job..

whatever he does as long as he secures the border and throws out every single illegal caught committing another crime .. they're already criminals as it is

What i mean is that Americans end up paying the tax not Mexicans, the point is making Mexico pay so that Trump can stroke his fragile ego.

You are correct.

I'd like to add that no one wins with a 20% tariff. Mexico loses, the american consumer loses.

sigh...

So let's say Mexico imports a car to the united states to be sold...

it's taxed 20 percent. Ford tries to pass this on to the customer by increasing the price 20 percent. But the other car manufacturers are not taxed 20 percent, so they keep their prices the same

NOBODY BUYS THE 20 PERCENT MORE EXPENSIVE CAR.

So now the manufacturer in mexico decides to eat the majority of that cost by lowering their price to again be competitive with other goods simular that are not made in Mexico...

I feel you Banchan, its not like i live in an avocado producing state and we also have to compete with americans taking the good stuff, but you really need to pick avocados right, because 50% of a given box are trash.
Very seldom can we pick avocados. They usually come prebagged in quantities of 5 or 6.

costco_avocados.jpg

sigh...

it's taxed 20 percent. Ford tries to pass this on to the customer by increasing the price 20 percent. But the other car manufacturers are not taxed 20 percent, so they keep their prices the same

So now the manufacturer in mexico decides to eat the majority of that cost by lowering their price to again be competitive with other goods simular that are not made in Mexico...
It might work that way for cars but specialty items like certain fruits and vegetables won't follow the same path. Consumers will be hit with higher prices, many will pay some won't. Likely the same for other things like Mexican beer and tequila or whatnot.

It might work that way for cars but specialty items like certain fruits and vegetables won't follow the same path. Consumers will be hit with higher prices, many will pay some won't. Likely the same for other things like Mexican beer and tequila or whatnot.

The only thing I could see MExico doing is to tax US goods going in to match.

But good luck with that.

sigh...

YES, somebody gets it. After price renegotiation/lowering, some of the money that used to go to the mexican manufacturers will go to the US government. A sum of X dollars used to flow from the US to Mexico is now small x. A smaller outflow is a positive inflow.

Of course there will be less mexican cars purchased and the cost of living in the US will increase (imagine a $10 avocado) ... so both the US and Mexico will pay for the wall.

Last edited:
sigh...

Why do you assume ford can even pass that 20 percent onto the consumer? Seems to me you dont understand the economics of profit.

Punish mexico by punishing the american consumer. Brilliant.

Why do you assume ford can even pass that 20 percent onto the consumer? Seems to me you dont understand the economics of profit.

Ford can charge whatever they want for their goods...doesn't mean it's gonna sell. But any goods that crosses the border, Ford pays the tax on sold or not is the only thing I'm not sure on.

Very seldom can we pick avocados. They usually come prebagged in quantities of 5 or 6.

costco_avocados.jpg

No wonder you are pissed. I would be too if i couldnt choose my avocados im a pro at it. Never pick a bad one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back