Trump doesn't want immigrants from s***hole countries | Page 88

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by TapoutforSprawl, Jan 11, 2018 at 4:00 PM.

1. Liquid Smoke 7 straight AFC title games

Liquid Smoke
    Wow! Over 1700 posts about a bad word. We really are a bunch of snowflakes.

machidafan99 and Contra-dictator like this.
  2. AnGrYcRoW I've done .... questionable things .

AnGrYcRoW
    Google national anarchism

3. HomerThompson The President

HomerThompson
    [​IMG]

Fawlty likes this.
  4. aitkenmike Yellow Belt

aitkenmike
    Well that sucks. Ah well, I tried.

5. Greoric Silver Belt

Greoric
    Not necessary. It's a contradiction in terms with the same problem that the original anarchists had about understanding how people spontaneously organize in the absence of a state.

6. Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges

Ruprecht
    There are observable differences between any arbitrarily selected group.
    The idea with theories like r-K selection is that they should be validated by predictive usability, not that they should become popular because they serve as a crude framework on which to carefully position selected facts as "scientific" justification for some odious ideology.

7. Viva the right stuff

Viva
    But these groups are not arbitrarily selected. Differences between the races have been studied for centuries and these separate groups are commonly compared to better understand inherent differences whether they be biological or social. I've cited an observable trend that is historically prevalent, and not comparing arbitrary groups but rather groups that are constantly compared in a myriad of ways.

You're dancing around the question at hand, attempting to frame this as a matter of ideological posturing. This is not the case at all. Rushton's findings as well as findings from Jean Francois Gariepy of Duke University seem to go against your claim that its an illegitimate form of biological assessment.

8. Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges

Ruprecht
    "Differences between the races have been studied for centuries and these separate groups are commonly compared to better understand inherent differences whether they be biological or social. I've cited an observable trend that is historically prevalent, and not comparing arbitrary groups but rather groups that are constantly compared in a myriad of ways." - that doesn't make the selection anything other than arbitrary.

I'm not dancing around anything. In published science r-K selection has been discredited as an evolutionary model/heuristic due to it's simplicity and lack of predictive value.
    It's recently been popularised by the fringe right (and that applies as much to Rushton as the bloggers and youtubers I mentioned).
    The r-K selection theory centers around fertility rate, and racial theories have nothing to offer there given the similarity of fertility rates up until industrialisation and then the similarity of the resulting decline.
    Rushton's early findings were his selective literature review based in self-reported analyses. He's popular with your mob because he justifies your ideology, and broadly discounted outside of it (outside of those funded by the Pioneer Fund) for poor methodology. Simple as that.
    I've never heard of Jean Francois Gariepy, but if I were a betting man I'd put money on him being a similar figure.

9. waiguoren Black Belt

waiguoren
  10. deltapapha Brown Belt

deltapapha
    Corruption (Shithole) Perception Index 2016

can anyone spot the shitholes? And which continent has the most shitholes per capita

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 6:36 AM
    Contra-dictator and waiguoren like this.
  11. machidafan99 Silver Belt

machidafan99
    [​IMG]
    Don't worry. He'll make a few calls and all will be fixed.

waiguoren likes this.
  12. Viva the right stuff

Viva
    Who has disproven it? It may have been "discredited" by some, but the theory itself has yet to be disproven and even if you observe the life history paradigm it borrows many elements directly from those hypothesized in r/k selection theory. You seem happy to discredit Rushton's report based on speculative reasoning, however you seem hesitant to do the same regarding your own sources. From what I can gather you're implying that my arguments are grounded in cognitive dissonance, which seems hypocritical considering your own approach.

Here is JF Gariepy, a reputable biologist, peaking about it.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 7:17 AM
  13. Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges

Ruprecht
    "Watch this youtube video"...
    Yeah, right.

Cognitive dissonance? No, confirmation bias.
    My own sources? The entire field of evolutionary ecology for the past three decades?
    There's nothing speculative about it. For a start what Georic was proposing wasn't Rushton's assertions. Rushton never applied r/K selection to individuals within a population, let alone as an explanation of the political spectrum. The fact that you don't even seem to comprehend the difference just shows why your mob laps this stuff up.
    Besides that, the simple problem with Rushtons assertions (besides flawed metholodology and arbitrary labelling of things like endemic disease as r selective instead of K selective) is the argument through assertion that the differences he proposes to have measured with a literature review consisting of self-reported tests, are best explained through r/K selection. Despite the fact that this contradicts the history of human development prior to the industrial revolution, and with no adequate consideration of other/alternative explanations. Notably, the exact environmental/mortality related factors that have superseded the simplistic r/K continuum as a model due to better predictive success.

HomerThompson likes this.
  14. SummerStriker Black Belt

SummerStriker
  15. syct23 ...ElipsisBelt...

syct23
    THIS IS GOLD JERRY!!!

16. Liquid Smoke 7 straight AFC title games

Liquid Smoke
    What has to go wrong in a person's life for them to latch on to a notion as asinine as this?

Contra-dictator and AnGrYcRoW like this.
  17. Liquid Smoke 7 straight AFC title games

Liquid Smoke
    That looks funny now, but don't kid yourself, that phone was sweet in its day.

18. nac386 Silver Belt

nac386
    That's cool, how's the rest of your 8th grade year going?

Limbo Pete, Sohei and HomerThompson like this.
  19. SummerStriker Black Belt

SummerStriker
  20. goldennirvana Black Belt

goldennirvana
    It's not a statement of arrogance if it's true.