Law Trump can't block Twitter followers, federal judge says

• Thread starter Deleted member 391673
  • Start date
Can the President block foreigners that aren't American citizens?

but then argument would be that a person can't exercise their free speech to respond to a post so i don't think that would work

They could . . . just copy the text or screenshot the info and tweet away . . . happens all of the time today anyway.

but then argument would be that a person can't exercise their free speech to respond to a post so i don't think that would work

Well, I would say then it would not be far from here to twitter banning users or censoring users would also fall under the 1st amendment.

I think the problem in the court case seems to be stopping people from getting government declarations. Not responding to it.

We are getting to a point where say Facebook is not like a news paper and there are rival newspapers. It is more that FB is all newspapers. It is the medium instead of being one of the many sources of the medium.

Because lots of leftists seem to want to do stuff to Trump they had not cared at all about doing to Obama. Meaning sooner or later there will be a democrat president and he will be subjected to the same shit.

Imagine if the MSM held Obama to the same standards as Trump??? Forget the fake news they created to attack Trump. I mean just holding all presidents to the same standard.

I don't really agree.... This was his twitter account before he became president. Perhaps he needs another one for the POTUS duties. Keep em separated.

Wait does his apply to all the government

No one is actually blocked from reading his tweets. Just your account is, and you don't need an account to read tweets. This judge should have given me a call.

I hope President Trump blocks the judge who handed down this ruling on Twitter.

It's not his account when he puts POTUS on it -- it's government, and the courts decided you can't block people from it.

Besides, a president blocking people would be as much of a bitch move as a sherdogger doing so.
Good point, which needs to be mentioned because his supporters will argue as if the twitter account in question is his private account.

Trump blocking them doesn't stop them from still expressing whatever view they have somewhere else, or even on someone else's Twitter.

They're still able to post whatever they want, just not on his Twitter. This is very petty, if they wanna shitpost, they can do it elsewhere.

And then realizes he cant so zhit tweets some more....

Wrong.

The Federal Courts have no jurisdiction over Trump's twitter account.

This is just another headline to make libs feel good, but has no significance whatsoever.

Back