Law Trump can't block Twitter followers, federal judge says

• Thread starter Deleted member 391673
  • Start date
No one is actually blocked from reading his tweets. Just your account is, and you don't need an account to read tweets. This judge should have given me a call.
Holy Dunning-Kruger

LOL

Holy Dunning-Kruger

LOL
Sarcasm is especially lost on people that are filled with insecurities. It's amusing, though...

lol_vladimir_putin.gif

i suppose,
but the limitation is what? logging out? or not having to log in?

on the air, cnbc mentioned something about Ellon Musk and whether he will be allowed to block users, so it does pose some interesting questions.

if this applies to public officials will it eventually apply to public figures like Musk? or any celebrity for that matter?

I don't see why it should.

The question here is should the government be allowed to restrict speech based on viewpoint on a government funded page. And yes this is government funded because government employees are on the clock when they operate the twitter account. The question is not whether or not you like Trump.

Trump blocking them doesn't stop them from still expressing whatever view they have somewhere else, or even on someone else's Twitter.

They're still able to post whatever they want, just not on his Twitter. This is very petty, if they wanna shitpost, they can do it elsewhere.
It's not his Twitter, it is the official Twitter account of the President.

Wrong.

The Federal Courts have no jurisdiction over Trump's twitter account.

This is just another headline to make libs feel good, but has no significance whatsoever.

It's not Trumps if he uses the the verified POTUS account -- that's government and public

Now it's more nebulous if it's the @realdonaldtrump account -- however it would have to be delinked from the official POTUS one.

Side question: he uses two accounts, the official POTUS one and the Realdonaldtrump one, his personal twitter is linked to the POTUS account, if he de-linked it, could he still block from his original account?

Fuck America .... there must be a better use for the court system

At least you got the "fuck America" part right.

Trump is the POS POTUS...and it made NO SENSE for Americans to be blocked from his main platform of communicating... Duh.

It's not Trumps if he uses the the verified POTUS account -- that's government and public

Now it's more nebulous if it's the @realdonaldtrump account -- however it would have to be delinked from the official POTUS one.

Simple solution then. Trump can delink it, and then sign an executive order for that NY Federal Judge to go fuck himself.

I’m certainly not tired of winning.

When President Snowflake said tweets are policy statements he screwed himself.
You can't block access to government policy.
Essentially Trump screwed Trump on this one.
I find it hilarious that shit talking Trump is so fucking soft. Can dish it but cant take it.

Side question: he uses two accounts, the official POTUS one and the Realdonaldtrump one, his personal twitter is linked to the POTUS account, if he de-linked it, could he still block from his original account?

If he still makes official policy statements on it then there still is a good chance there is a lawsuit. E.g. today I am announcing Rex Tilerman is fired. Maybe a lawsuit.

compare today I am going golfing with Ivanka. Definitely not.

I have half the forum on ignore :oops:
Though I'm not the president.

I think this is a step in the right direction when it comes to censorship. I'm not saying it's the same thing, but Twitter is currently able to block people from "listening to the potus", so maybe in the future conservatives won't be booted just for not being liberal.
Can you give me an example of someone being booted from twitter for not being a liberal?

He'd probably have to refrain from tweeting about policy on his private one .

Sarcasm is especially lost on people that are filled with insecurities. It's amusing, though...

lol_vladimir_putin.gif
bullshit alert

this was indistinguishable from your standard dunning-kruger posts

don't try to save face at my expense either, since you're the one holding the bill, not me

Fuck America .... there must be a better use for the court system
Dude, put a comma between "Fuck" and "America". No one liked your post because they think you are saying "F America".

Otherwise, I agree with your post completely. Absurd ruling. Example 1525123536 of courts usurping legislative authority.

This is a cool issue.

Blocking users effectively prevents them from responding and participating in those twitter threads, and puts restrictions on their ability to read materials. There are some cases (@alanb) that find 1A violations when someone is blocked from commenting on a fbook page by a government actor. This seems similar.

But this would be irrelevant to Musk or other private actors.

Edit: read the opinion, confirmed my belief, edited accordingly

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The 1st Amendment says nothing---directly or indirectly---about Twitter or its rightful usage by public or private officials. This ruling, therefore, is a usurpation of legislative authority. What do you think of this view?

Can you give me an example of someone being booted from twitter for not being a liberal?

That was a bit tongue in cheek as obviously conservatives are on Twitter, but there have been blatant double standards in their enforcements of the rules.

I'm pretty sure it was discovered that the were shadow banning conservatives even.

A quick search showed a few examples of bias such as Milo vs Jones, Farrakhan vs Nehlen, Shapiro vs Rosie, etc.

Do you disagree that Twitter gives liberals a pass more so than conservatives?

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The 1st Amendment says nothing---directly or indirectly---about Twitter or its rightful usage by public or private officials. This ruling, therefore, is a usurpation of legislative authority. What do you think of this view?
I think that it's a silly view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back