Trump backtracks on Comey tape comments

I'm not a Trump apologist. The OP said Trump lied about having tapes. He didn't. Those are the facts.
You're using the facts to make a fundamentally dishonest argument.
Sounds familiar.
I don't think you're going to argue this honestly, which is just so.

Sorry, it was only 400 according to politifact. Man, you really got me! Trump is a truth teller!!!!

346 if you include half true, mostly false, false, and legally sound claim of "pants on fire."

You get 396 if you include their "mostly true" statements as lies.

So, am I to take it that you lied about the 600 lies remark?

By the way, did any of politifact's claims of lies have the hard-hitting investigative skills behind it that NBC's did, like this smashing good claim of falsehood by Trump here:

CuXx69VXEAAtFpy.jpg

Not an argument

Point out where he lied or fuck off

Whether he lied or not is immaterial

His actions from the day he asked Comey if he could let the Flynn investigation go , to firing him, to threatening and attempting to intimidate Mr. Comey in front of the whole world (on twitter, of course ), to admitting on national television to Lester Holt that the Russia investigation played a role in the firing, to a meeting with Russian politicians where U.S. press was banned, and he not only 'decided' to declassify intel and share it right there, greatly comprising relations with allies , but tells them he 'fired that nutcase', all this is the behavior of a man who should have never been in any office whatsoever to begin with, should be impeached and criminal charges should be highly considered.

All those characteristics I listed about you apply because you know this is the truth, yet you just can't bring yourself to admit it. You absolutely can't admit if Obama committed the same acts your be so vehemently defending him ( cause you'd be foaming at the mouth, calling for his head).

I only came across it because of someone from another message board that I lurk/post on. It was disappointing.
I ditched a forum I'd been instrumental in starting and had posted on as a mod for a decade because it became crazy left. The Mike Brown story was what did it for me.

You're using the facts to make a fundamentally dishonest argument.

The OP said Trump lied about having tapes. Trump did not lie about having tapes. How is that a dishonest argument?

What is dishonest is to call someone else a liar because you're too damn stupid to make a logical inference based on the evidence at hand?

I don't think you're going to argue this honestly, which is just so.

Did Trump say he had tapes?

His actions from the day he asked Comey if he could let the Flynn investigation go , to firing him, to admitting on national television to Lester Holt that the Russia investigation played a role in the firing, to a meeting with Russian politicians where U.S. press was banned, and he not only 'decided' to declassify intel and share it right there, greatly comprising relations with allies , but tells them he 'fired that nutcase', all this is the behavior of a man who should have never been in any office whatsoever to begin with, should be impeached and criminal charges should be highly considered.

All those characteristics I listed about you apply because you know this is the truth, yet you just can't bring yourself to admit it. You absolutely can't admit if Obama committed the same acts your be so vehemently defending him ( cause you'd be foaming at the mouth, calling for his head).
THIS is what bothers me.
I knew Trump is a vivid liar. I don't want to find out that the best conservative voices here on this forum are mindless shills that change their definitions of wrongdoing based on what political party they belong to.

Given the fact that that's what the thread is about, no it's not.

His actions from the day he asked Comey if he could let the Flynn investigation go , to firing him, to admitting on national television to Lester Holt that the Russia investigation played a role in the firing

Not proof of obstruction of justice, and said he was incompetent so he fired him. So?

to a meeting with Russian politicians where U.S. press was banned, and he not only 'decided' to declassify intel and share it right there, greatly comprising relations with allies

He gave Russia intel on ISIS, which happens all the time between foreign leaders. Russia is killing ISIS. The only reason the Israeli spy was almost "compromised" was because the MSM blew the story up even though it wasn't a big deal whatsoever. He can share intel with people.

but tells them he 'fired that nutcase', all this is the behavior of a man who should have never been in any office whatsoever to begin with, should be impeached and criminal charges should be highly considered.

Impeached for what?

I've rarely if ever mentioned Obama here, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never had a problem denouncing Trump when he does something wrong. Denounced him bombing Syria, denounced him ever entertaining the fact of deporting *every* illegal immigrant as opposed to the criminals, denounced his tweet about flag burners, etc.

You and everyone else in this thread are completely making things up out of thin air and then autistically screeching that we refuse to denounce Trump. Why would we denounce him if he didn't contradict himself here? What have I said that's hypocritical in regards to this?

The OP said Trump lied about having tapes. Trump did not lie about having tapes. How is that a dishonest argument?
Forget about the OP language and concentrate on the language this unshined turd of a President used.
Honest?
Forthright?
Dignified?
Would you use any of those terms to describe what he said, or indeed generally says?

Trump is an ambiguity surfer. (that's a universal mark of con men btw). Now, according to what he says, his remark should be interpreted to mean that he was warning Comey about leaks, because any relevant tapes would have been in FBI control, and thus potentially leaked by the FBI. This is a classic Trump tactic for shifting responsibility onto others. He gets to lie and then later put it on another person's plate, depending on how he wants his comment to be interpreted. Sad!

I don't believe that he didn't have some type of audio recordings at some point (he did stuff like this as a businessman, and you don't clear the room for a meeting with the head of the FBI, who you don't trust that much, to discuss him dropping an investigation without covering your ass). But, whatever Trump could have had would have just corroborated what Comey said was said in his testimony, so Trump pulled a Hillary and wiped that shit after his council told him that what Comey testified to didn't hurt him too much.

Trump is an ambiguity surfer. (that's a universal mark of con men btw). Now, according to what he says, his remark should be interpreted to mean that he was warning Comey about leaks, because any relevant tapes would have been in FBI control, and thus potentially leaked by the FBI. This is a classic Trump tactic for shifting responsibility onto others. He gets to lie and then later put it on another person's plate, depending on how he wants his comment to be interpreted. Sad!
It's gonna be so great when people stop giving a fuck about being dignified and speaking to the POTUS with a certain respect, and just start calling him a list to his face, challenging him in his constant lies.
At some point a reporter is going to call him a liar, and I can't wait to see him challenged.

It certainly isn't immaterial to the purpose of this thread.
stop trying to sidestep the fact that trump fired a man who was conducting a legal investigation, in order to derail the investigation, and then both threatened and attempted to intimidate this investigator in order to silence him

It's never going to work, give it up

stop trying to sidestep the fact that trump fired a man who was conducting a legal investigation, in order to derail the investigation, and then both threatened and attempted to intimidate this investigator in order to silence him

It's never going to work, give it up

I'm not sidestepping anything. I'm sticking to the topic of this thread. Create another thread if you want to change the topic.

He really does come across as a douche quite a bit doesn't he...

THIS is what bothers me.
I knew Trump is a vivid liar. I don't want to find out that the best conservative voices here on this forum are mindless shills that change their definitions of wrongdoing based on what political party they belong to.
The ones who arent (conservative mindless shills) are without doubt a quiet minority on that side

Back