True Or False: Jon Jones Would've Still Been The Best Without PEDs?

I don't believe he would have been the best without PEDs and here's why: because he doesn't believe it.

When you get right down to it the only reason for someone to take PEDs is because they don't think they can do it without them. How they justify that to themselves is totally irrelevant. They believe they're not good enough to be the best on their own so they need that little extra push to make them great. If they did then they wouldn't need or want PEDs.

So my reasoning is easy, if Jon Jones doesn't believe he'd be the best without PEDs, why should I?

He would've been top 10 either way, probably even top 5, but not GOAT level. That's pretty clear just by watching the OSP fight.

He would still hold a large gap over his landscape of competition, I think.

Jones has done a lot of damage to the UFC. Can't say anything good about him.

Jones would. Josh Barnett never ruled the world with his PEDs. Jones has something the other PED guys didn't.

I say true. I think the PEDs probably came more from a combination of laziness, poor attitude towards life, and the "everyone else is doing it" mindset, not any reality of being too weak, small, slow, etc., and needing drugs to fix those physical shortcomings.

He never impressed the world with his strength or speed or the like. He impressed with being taller and much much longer than the rest of his division, and by his variety in the cage: ground and pound, sub, grind out a decision, etc. He has a great fight IQ and Jackson-Wink seems to always get exactly the strategy they want to employ from him. None of that comes from steroids. You can say that PEDs mostly help you recover, and thus you can spend that much more time training to get better at those things, but Jones allegedly trained much less than his peers so that doesn't fly.

If he had to fight clean the whole time I'm sure he wouldn't have done as well. But I only think Gus and DC would really be in question. Those early wins over Machida, Rashad, etc., I think all those are still wins for him. It's not like going back and watching Kerr or Coleman and thinking to yourself that roiding to the gills was their primary road to victory.

I think definitely false, based off of the OSP fight.

& don't give me that shit about Ring rust, because he had just as long of a layoff going into OSP fight as he had going into the DC fight. He looked like the Jon Jones of old in the second DC fight, and then he pisses hot again. Oh what do you know!

Gus and DC beat a clean JJ. Or else JJ wouldn't have resorted to them.

no because all the other fighters are also on peds

it would be a clear disadvantage

False, he's a skinny guy that couldn't outwrestle Matt Riddle without ROIDS, with them he's destroying Undefeated Olympic caliber wrestlers. He's not a Bonds level natural athlete.
He was definitely a great fighter without it but once he became champ, he definitely lacked the confidence he once had. And post USADA, he's tested positive now twice for basically steroids (turinabol and clomiphene) and has only had one fight where he was "clean" and he didn't look all that great against OSP. So since USADA came to be, he's won one fight clean and tested positive twice. What can you say? Gotta question everything about Jones now.

He was definitely a great fighter without it but once he became champ, he definitely lacked the confidence he once had. And post USADA, he's tested positive now twice and has only had one fight where he was "clean" and he didn't look all that great against OSP. So since USADA came to be, he's won one fight clean and tested positive twice. What can you say? Gotta question everything about Jones now.

We don't know if he was a great fighter without it as we don't know when he first started using and for how much he benefited from the usage. And I think it's foolish to assume because he passed his tests before that this meant that he was a clean fighter. For most of his career the testing wasn't random so basically it would have been extremely easy to just cycle off in time to pass the test and still benefit from PED usage, in the USADA era he's still managed to continue using and got caught twice. First time there wasn't any steroid detected but only the PCT SERMS in his system. The 2nd time he got caught with a steroid but that didn't happen till after the fight had occurred.

If he could have he would have ...he didnt
He likes to party and id say without the roids hed have been adverage

Back