True Or False: Jon Jones Would've Still Been The Best Without PEDs?

Coolidge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
None of us know, obviously. But what's your gut feeling? I think his natural ability would've been enough to win the championship. That's what makes the Jon Jones story so tragic. I don't think he would've had the unblemished record that he does now, though.

False, he's a skinny guy that couldn't outwrestle Matt Riddle without ROIDS, with them he's destroying Undefeated Olympic caliber wrestlers. He's not a Bonds level natural athlete.

True, he's only had two fights that were remotely tough that I can think of

DC and Gus would violate him. He probably beats the rest of the division though.

He would have been very good, but I'm not sure about a GOAT candidate. Might be he would've just been another good fighter among the pack... then again you could say the same of (presumably) clean Cormier if he had risen back when prime Shogun, Rampage, Wand, Arona etc. had been around.

In almost any discussion, there is no clear best.

Hard to say because we'll never know for sure which of his opponents were clean, especially pre-USADA.

#NOTMYGOAT

Last edited:
Nope. He's been juicing heavy and hard for his entire career. He's not even in the conversation for GOAT any longer.

I think he would likely have become champ, but I don't think he would have been nearly as dominant and probably would have lost his title at some point.

"Best LHW", probably. His adaptability, fight IQ and that reach at LHW would still make him close to unbeatable in that weight class.

Considering how close that Gus fight was, it would not be too crazy to assume Gus would have won that if Jones wasnt on shit that night (just going to assume he been doing it for all but his OSP fight).

Too bad we'll never see a rematch now.

None of us know, obviously. But what's your gut feeling? I think his natural ability would've been enough to win the championship. That's what makes the Jon Jones story so tragic. I don't think he would've had the unblemished record that he does now, though.
Well first his record isn't "unblemished" he lost to Hamil
But with out roids i doubt he would have been able to muscle out of Vitors armbar
He would have lost to Gus
He wouldn't have been able to use super strength to beat Chael
And would have easily lost to DC.
Most of the others i think he still could have beat but we will never know.

His natural ability would have carried him very very far.

how many multi millionaires do you see robbing banks?? none, why?? because why would they rob banks if they didn't need the money

No way in hell we will ever know. That's why it's so shitty.

tenor.gif

My belief is that he would still be an all time great, but I have a hunch the roid use gave him the boost to have the great wrestling strength he has shown in his fights.
Jon admitted that when he wrestled that he wasn't a top tier wrestler but in the cage he's shown that he can out muscle and defend against fighters with much greater wrestling backgrounds, even an olympic wrestler.

We will never know for sure, but I still think he would be one of the best.

He would have lost the Gus fight.

The ped's gave him that boost in the later rounds.

Back