True Or False: Jon Jones Would've Still Been The Best Without PEDs?

If Jon Jones himself doesn't believe he could beat DC clean I fail to see how any of his nuthuggers can argue the point.

He would have gotten tossed around by stronger opponents. On a somewhat related speculation, it would have been interesting to see how a perpetually clean JBJ might have done at middle weight. He is not a naturally bulky guy.

Anyway PEDs has in my opinion made the critical difference for Jones at LHW.

He cant beat a prime machida if hes clean

Best in UFC or all time?

If it's the second, invalid question he never was the best ever.

Sometimes the benefit from roids/peds is MORE mental then anything else. Testosterone based drugs give you confidence. It's a thing...

Very false.

Jones only has 3 fights under USADA testing: OSP, Cormier #2, and Cormier #3. He failed drug tests for PEDs in the last 2 fights and looked awful against OSP. So our only sure baseline for a clean Jon Jones is the OSP fight. Every other fight prior had pathetically inadequate drug testing.

So if Jones against OSP is a version of 'clean' Jon Jones, I think he loses to Gus, Cormier, and Anthony Johnson. He probably beats everyone else, but I think he loses to those 3 guys without PEDs.

The OSP fight taught us all the truth, including Jon.

He knew he wasn't close to the same fighter clean, and that's why he got back on the drugs to fight Cormier the second time.

Lance Armstrong wasn't particularly special without drugs. With drugs, he was the mega-GOAT.

Same with Jon, I think.

No way to know. I want to say no, but....who knows when he started using?

It's impossible to know. What we do know is that PEDs make an enormous difference in a person's ability to recover, allows for more intensity in training, and has deep effects on endurance, strength, and consequently capacity for consistent aggression, and drive. There's a reason athletes use them and pay to find ways to mask their use. Those who want to underplay their beneficial effects are pretty clueless or blind.

It is safe to say Jones would have been a much less impressive fighter. But we don't know what he could have accomplished or how far he would have gone.

It's a setup. He pissed 3 times. 3/4 his last fights (usada timeframe). BLM

LOL he ud'd Gus and didnt test positive you simpleton....

Wow. I feel sorry for your lack of intelligence.

That fight was pre-USADA and therefore we say for sure he wasn't using PEDs. UFC testing back then was clearly pathetic and completely inadequate.

Jon's only truly 'clean' fight we know of was against OSP. He passed USADA testing for that fight, and looked terrible. He has never passed all USADA tests for his other fights. He can pass 5/6 tests, but one fail taints the whole fight. Every other fight MUST be considered tainted before that, based on 1) pathetic UFC testing and 2) his two failed PED tests.

If you think Jones was clean against Gus, you're either very naive or a huge Jones fanboy.

Gustaffson juices too

Proof? I'm not saying Gus has absolutely never juiced -- you can never prove a negative. However, Gus is innocent until proven guilty. He's also passed USADA tests and looked good. Jon Jones has failed tests in 2 out of 3 of his scheduled fights under USADA.

If you're saying Gus is guilty then you must agree Jon should be banned for life for actually getting caught.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back