Traditional "Martial Arts" Appreciation Thread - (NO DISCUSSION)

Talking of 360 kicks - someone who has a long highlight reel of tornado kick KO's in Kudo & MMA - Adam Khaliev:

Just goes to show if you practice any technique well enough you can pretty much make it work.

I don't think I'd ever be able to throw a 360 like that - simply because it was never a part of any curriculum in any martial arts style I've done (kyokushin, uechi etc) and so I've never practised it to the degree that you'd need to - to get it to work.

But can definitely appreciate the skill required to get that to work 24/7. It's a beautiful technique to see work effectively.

Last edited:

the 2nd video of sanda, when the guys are doing drills, the hand, kick, throw, jumping, blow and fall, stances, footwork, and trainin aparatus parts of the video all look good, would like to see those parts of the instructional if you have them.

some body hardening drills from my favorite kung fu style

Shaolin Da Hong Quan Combat Application

Shaolin Xiao Hong Quan Practical Application

To give a little to the thread. My favourite Tai Chi Chen grandmaster; Chen Xiaowang:

Some training drills from a Chinese style called Chou Jiao. I like particularly like the mid section onward where they show their numerous intensive and rather brutal training for a simple low line front kick to the leg .Shows have emphasizing the practical and building it up can make can make a simple technique devastating,

i guess he's hitting with the ball of his foot? when he kicks and breaks those bricks?

Real Kung Fu Master demonstrating various techniques and sections from the five animal system ... amazing love it!

Back