Trading Shots: Was Kajan Johnson right to blast fans and Dana White for boos in London?

He's right. Dana always tries to go after the people who he thinks is boring because they don't generate enough money for his greedy ass. He honestly couldn't care less about the fighters.

"don't leave it in the hands of the judges" is just BS victim blaming crap that Dana loves to use to shrug off their grievances with bad decisions.

What an idiot

Why drag your boss into this ? You get a gift decision and you call out your boss ? The fuck is wrong with this guy

Dude will get swiftly cut it he loses 2 in a row

The owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

I don’t know anything about him. But, I was actually referring to the Commissioners. The faces of the big leagues. The owners, GM, HC of teams can get away with alot. Even they get slapped down from time to time.

But, the big man can’t get specific about individual players. Unless it’s a specific case. Usually involving crimes etc. Even then he has to stick to facts, and generalities. They can’t just toss out their personal opinion. They certainly don’t comment about the in game performances of players. Or comment negatively on their decisions about retiring, or whatever.

At the end of the day, he gets paid to hurt people for other peoples entertainment, so I don't think his demand for more 'respect' will travel far.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I think more fighters should speak out. Its why I like Honest Al Iaquinta. MMA fans have become such cynics,that even they are afraid when someone ELSE rocks the boat,and doesnt fall in line.

It's also, like.. Fighters go through stress and mental obstacles through training camp, for weeks, months leading up to a fight. Weight cutting, hurting, grinding...

Sure, it's what they love, too. These are people who give it all for what they love. And for Kajan, who's a spiritual guy, he prides himself as a warrior, it is something important to him. And being boo'd like that must be so diminishing, after all the sacrifices, all the grinding, all the tribulations he has faced, all for what he loves and what is important to him. It is something greater than just mere entertainment.

It's also, like.. Fighters go through stress and mental obstacles through training camp, for weeks, months leading up to a fight. Weight cutting, hurting, grinding...

Sure, it's what they love, too. These are people who give it all for what they love. And for Kajan, who's a spiritual guy, he prides himself as a warrior, it is something important to him. And being boo'd like that must be so diminishing, after all the sacrifices, all the grinding, all the tribulations he has faced, all for what he loves and what is important to him. It is something greater than just mere entertainment.
I prefer they get angry then take an "aw shucks guys" pandering approach instead.

I don’t know anything about him. But, I was actually referring to the Commissioners. The faces of the big leagues. The owners, GM, HC of teams can get away with alot. Even they get slapped down from time to time.

But, the big man can’t get specific about individual players. Unless it’s a specific case. Usually involving crimes etc. Even then he has to stick to facts, and generalities. They can’t just toss out their personal opinion. They certainly don’t comment about the in game performances of players. Or comment negatively on their decisions about retiring, or whatever.

I was talking about this.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/07/cavaliers-owner-dan-gilbert-un.html

Main reason for hoping was the judges decision I thought

I prefer they get angry then take an "aw shucks guys" pandering approach instead.
It is only natural to be upset considering everything leading up to the fight and how meaningful it is to some of these fighters.

Just imagine working on a project for months on end, creating a video, carving a sculpture, painting a picture.. That you've put work into, that you feel proud of, and when you show it to the world, whoever, it gets shit on. How would you feel about it?

The crowd came off pretty underwhelming on the broadcast, not sure how accurate that is. I watched only the main card and the fights delivered, so I was surprised the crowd was that way. On the other hand, whining and asking for applause is a weak move. You don't get to dictate if what you did is respectable and should earn you applause or not, move on.

I feel like anytime the fans get blasted,99% of the time they deserve it.

Man, as a Canadian I wish we had some good representation in MMA. Come back TJ Grant.

Yeah...you clearly missed the point and stated some obvious shit. Congrats.
The point is this arrogant shit thinks that fans should consider him

one of the best fighters in the world

the authority on what is or isn't an amazing fight

The authority that ticket buying fans ought to defer to in order to know what is an acceptable reason for fans too boo

He is an arrogant shit whose arroggance has not been earned. It will cost him with fans and ufc brass.

Fuck him

LOL that’s crazy. He sounds like a real head case. I don’t follow basketball. But, didn’t James actually win a championship with his new team ? If so, I’d say that hex was for shit. He needs to find an old badass gypsy like in, Thinner.

Burning jerseys, and stuff. That sounds like crazy heartbroken girls burning Beatles records back when they broke up.

Some people invest way too much emotion into spectator sports. They actually allow it to affect their private lives. It sucks when our teams, or fighters lose. But, if it’s not water under the bridge by the next morning. You need to take a step back, and sort out your priorities.

I for one appreciate those who speak their mind. Perhaps voicing complaints and standing up for ones ideas can be considered stupid and might work against their favour, but it shows character. It shows that the individual pursues and stands for his ideals and doesn't fear potential repercussions or ridicule. He values his own opinions and ideas higher than the public's opinion about him, and that is being immensily strong in and of itself. It's a shame some people can't fathom it.
It shows that he has a big mouth and no filter or sense of self-awareness. Anyone can whine and make a scene but it's far more admirable when they don't.

It is only natural to be upset considering everything leading up to the fight and how meaningful it is to some of these fighters.

Just imagine working on a project for months on end, creating a video, carving a sculpture, painting a picture.. That you've put work into, that you feel proud of, and when you show it to the world, whoever, it gets shit on. How would you feel about it?
It sucks but the world does not owe you compliments, regardless how much effort you put in. You just appreciate it when it comes and just move on if it doesn't.

It sucks but the world does not owe you compliments, regardless how much effort you put in. You just appreciate it when it comes and just move on if it doesn't.
Easy to say without fighting for 3 rds and having the crowd boo you.

lol @ this guy being entitled to respect because he fights in a cage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back