Trading Shots: Was Kajan Johnson right to blast fans and Dana White for boos in London?

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Guys, that was an amazing fight. You guys have no reason to be booing right now,” Johnson told the crowd. “We’re two of the best martial artists in the world right now, competing and bleeding for you. We deserve nothing but your respect. Anything less is disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourselves.”

Johnson continued that criticism backstage, and even blamed it on UFC President Dana White, who he said sets the tone for an MMA culture that’s disrespectful to fighters.

“In my opinion, it stems from the top,” Johnson said. “A lot of the time you’ll see Dana White giving the fighters so much grief. If you don’t go out, just sling leather and bleed for them, then he’s talking all this smack. And because the leader of the organization acts like this, then it’s so much easier for the fans to act like this. So it really upsets me, and it’s a huge problem that I have with it.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/03/trading-shots-kajan-johnson-blasts-fans-dana-white-booing-ufc-london

Agree? Disagree? Discuss...

Edit: He's this guy...

Last edited:
“We’re two of the best martial artists in the world right now",

PcwaSTz.jpg

This "MMA culture" shits on DW even more than it does the fighters. Cajun Johnson needs to stop being mad.

Bad move by Johnson maybe it's valid but he's not big enough to rag on dana rip ufc contract.

I will say fans paid good money to be there it's their right to cheer or jeer as they please. Go back to 1000k venues in canada maybe then everyone will cheer for sportsmanship alone.

The fans paid for their ticket They're entitled to cheer or boo as they see fit.

He’s not wrong about Dana. What kind of head of any pro league goes around talking shit about stars like Silva, or GSP like he did years ago. When Silva fought Maia. Or when GSP retired ? It’s the same rubbish he does with DJ.

He’s an embarrassing figure head. He had a place, and time but, not anymore. And I wouldn’t want him as the face of the UFC in 2018 if I was the guy making decisions for the present owners.

He’s not wrong about Dana. What kind of head of any pro league goes around talking shit about stars like Silva, or GSP like he did years ago. When Silva fought Maia. Or when GSP retired ? It’s the same rubbish he does with DJ.

He’s an embarrassing figure head. He had a place, and time but, not anymore. And I wouldn’t want him as the face of the UFC in 2018 if I was the guy making decisions for the present owners.

The owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

he's right, this is a sport and the idiot fans think they can disrespect athletes just because they're paying? no, that's absurd, listen to this man that he speaks the truth

<LucyBless>

If he has to complain about fans it means he needs the reebok money.

I don't necessarily agree with the entirety of his position, but only losers and trash boo at events and Dana shitting on fighters is always unprofessional and pathetic. So he's right about that much.

TLDR: Fuck him. Fuck the fans. Fuck Dana White. And fuck you.

Most people don't find being a drama queen as an overly endearing trait but more power to you.
I for one appreciate those who speak their mind. Perhaps voicing complaints and standing up for ones ideas can be considered stupid and might work against their favour, but it shows character. It shows that the individual pursues and stands for his ideals and doesn't fear potential repercussions or ridicule. He values his own opinions and ideas higher than the public's opinion about him, and that is being immensily strong in and of itself. It's a shame some people can't fathom it.

I for one appreciate those who speak their mind. Perhaps voicing complaints and standing up for ones ideas can considered to be stupid and might work against their favour, but it shows character. It shows that the individual pursues and stands for his ideals and doesn't fear potential repercussions or ridicule. He values his own opinions and ideas more than the public's opinion about him, and that is being immensily strong in and of itself. It's a shame some people can't fathom it.
Agreed.

I think more fighters should speak out. Its why I like Honest Al Iaquinta. MMA fans have become such cynics,that even they are afraid when someone ELSE rocks the boat,and doesnt fall in line.

He got booed because of how he was acting, just look at Byrd who choked out the hometown guy but still got cheered because he didn't come off like a douche in his post fight interview

The fans are retarded,and drunk. They dont know shit. They are the same people who boo champ huge balls when he speak the truth about jon jones.

Back