Social Toy Collectors Thread

@The Clinch did you buy the Lego D&D set? If so, how was the build?

I'm trying to decide for my birthday if I want to go big and get the Avengers Tower, go medium and get the D&D set, or go a little smaller and grab the Sanctum Sanctorum and maybe something else?

I'm giving myself roughly $550 to spend.

@The Clinch did you buy the Lego D&D set? If so, how was the build?

I'm trying to decide for my birthday if I want to go big and get the Avengers Tower, go medium and get the D&D set, or go a little smaller and grab the Sanctum Sanctorum and maybe something else?

I'm giving myself roughly $550 to spend.

Yeah I got it.

But been busy with work so haven’t been able to do anything with it though and may not until June.

Apparently it can double as other stuff too:

Yeah I got it.

But been busy with work so haven’t been able to do anything with it though and may not until June.

Apparently it can double as other stuff too:

That's pretty cool. I went ahead and got the Sanctum Sanctorum. That leaves me some extra funds to still do something or get something else.

54347_UNP_2.jpg

54347_UNP_4.jpg

At Walmart, I saw Jakks made a Streets of Rage figure of the guy who looks like Final Fight Cody but the sculpt didn't look so good. Curious if the head can be swapped with MTF head.

At Macy's Toys R Us, I saw they finally brought in some new Marvel Legends: the Spider-Man Animated cardback wave, as well as for the first time in quite a while some Bandai Anime Heroes and Dragon Ball Evolve. Also had some new McF Super Powers.

METECEQ_o.jpg

Been having a good run at Target lately. I found this "Platinum" chase figure on the peg. The rest of the action-figure aisle looked like a swarm of sugar crazed 7-year-olds tore through it though.

Silly little nods to the G1 Transformers. Picked these up today . Don't transform or anything but cute 2 inch figures . Had a lot of G1 Transformers....that my mother threw out when I left home....Dinobots, Insecticons, Optimus, Megatron ( pistol version) , Starscream, Soundwave, Bumblebee , Jazz, Twintwist,Ravage, Razorbeak that I can remember off the top of my head...

Untitleddesign_8_173d04a0-0eb7-4e03-afc7-8c7e97beb07c.pngTransformersMiniFigure-Bumblebee.pngTransformersMiniFigure-Starscream.png

Last edited:

Venom on Spiderman retro card being released as a Walmart exclusive.

That I do want.

I think McF is selling the tiny non-Transforming Transformers with comics. I may have gotten my pre-order of the GI Joe ones.

Seems the Hot Wheels Transformers crossover will have Bumblebee in an older looking model of the Beetle in the basic line and has Bumblebee's face on the underside. I would buy if it was a newer Beetle tooling.

They also have Optimus with trailer but not in basic line since it's too big.

I saw somewhere the X-Men 97 cartoon will showcase the brown and orange Wolverine costume. I hope that means they'll make that in Marvel Legends because I never had a chance to buy that since I wasn't paying attention back then and never found the retro cardback version.

I saw for the upcoming Netflix Gundam Requiem of Vengeance, they have HG model kits and Gundam Universe coming, but the Gundam looks mostly gray like prototype. I need the granddaddy color scheme.

Picked this up today in a supermarket.

528970a.jpg

Not a pop art fan but it was reduced to £2.50 or about $3.15 .

Also pre-ordered Street Fighter figures

Sagat
Cammy
Vega
Blanka
Dee Jay
Guile

Available.... December....

Still waiting for Dhalsim, Bison and Chun Li ( although I can get her from another place she won't ship until the lot are in.)

And Marvel Legends Havok and green Vision on the same order .

Will probably pick up the She Hulk , Count Nefaria and Whiplash this weekend.

Although may wait to see if the villains drop in price....

WARBIRD just dropped btw.

Last edited:
I saw somewhere the X-Men 97 cartoon will showcase the brown and orange Wolverine costume. I hope that means they'll make that in Marvel Legends because I never had a chance to buy that since I wasn't paying attention back then and never found the retro cardback version.

I saw for the upcoming Netflix Gundam Requiem of Vengeance, they have HG model kits and Gundam Universe coming, but the Gundam looks mostly gray like prototype. I need the granddaddy color scheme.

METFYYP_o.JPG

You had me at Gundam.

A photo I took in Tokyo back in '09.

Back