Touching Gloves, Hugging Etc...

When top level fighters get into the cage, and they know that the other guy can put them in the hospital or worse if they are not at the top of their game, they should act like the keyboard warriors on an MMA forum say they should act.

why do people care. They are martial artists. Respect to your opponent.
ummmm... because it degrades an important and hyped fight to a light sparring session? I have no problem with a few glove touches even during the fight, but this was too much for me. and Mirko vs. Pat is even better example. I mean, do you even want to win the fight or just enjoy the time in the cage with your buddy (oh, sorry, I meant your opponent)?

All good. They know what they are doing in there. It doesn't diminish their desire to win.

I wouldn't mind the fake sportsmanship in front of the camera if they at least went at it during the rounds but nah, it was a snoozefest which made all the hugging and high fiving much much worse.

Touching gloves at the start or end of a round, to apologise or show respect for good sportsmanship is acceptable.

Touching gloves and hugging in the middle of slugfest or after getting punched is stupid and warrants a bowel releasing KO.

I hate it, especially when they are doing it so often in the fight.

i dont like it. touch gloves when the rf says so. then when the fights over. not at the start of a round. not during a round. not during a horrible wheel kick attempt that fails.

By not being emotionally weak.
just not really funny. makin a pass at a stranger is prank video worthy?. its like tosh standing around naked on his show and having a laugh track over it. theres no joke, nothing funny happening. but because hes naked or acting femmy its funny?

people watch that dogshit on adult swim so i guess comedy is subjective

Last edited:
I hate the bro hugs during a fight, before and after is fine but not while you are in a fight. What about the backflipping showcase of Maximo Blanco and Marcus Brimmage (I think)?

They sparred and danced for a 3 round snoozefest- then the fuckers had enough energy to do multiple backflips each.
I was disgusted. So little energy spent during the fight but a lot of energy to burn after the fight.

I would have cut both of them right then and there.

Back