Touching Gloves, Hugging Etc...

Sometimes I just wish they would drop trow and fuck.

But it depends on the fighters, and the stakes... cuz...

No homo

If you look at it as a fight, no, don’t do that

If you look at it as a sporting contest, then you don’t mind the shows of respect

Till loves that shit. He did that the whole fight with that serbian guy before the cowbow fight. I get if something happens like an accidental eye poke or groin shot but not just for the hell of it.

I'd like to see Megan Anderson and Holly Holm bump donuts in between rounds. You know, out of respect.

It annoys me when two fighters touch gloves or hug it out in the middle of a freakin fight. I just feel like it takes away from the intensity of the fight when they are overly respectful to each other.

In my opinion, a simple touch of the gloves before the fight starts should be it. No touching gloves or hugging in between rounds or during the fight.

Take all the time you want to show each other respect after it's over but don't do that shit during the fight.

What do you guys think, does it bother you or you don't mind?

i agree, and i can't see how others don't feel the same. it gives the impression that both fighters aren't taking the fight seriously and aren't giving it their all.

I'd like to see Megan Anderson and Holly Holm bump donuts in between rounds. You know, out of respect.
Like a makeout session? Wtf is bumping donuts?

If they're throwing down most of the fight, I don't mind a hug or a fist bump out of respect - think Scott Smith/Pete Sell. But when it was like today, where Thompson and Till did absolutely nothing for four rounds and then grinned and hugged at the start of the fifth like it was all just some game, that bugs me.

Seems to be a bit of a trend I’ve noticed in till’s fights. I remember him doing the same thing with Bojan too

As long as its not excessive i dont care. Fedor and Crocop's glove touch after the bell sent shockwaves around the world 3 times.

17cf6d3f563cb9407a39b0307c616ddb.gif

Agree, it annoys me.
Once before the first round and once after the fight ends, not in the middle of the fight, even if the fighters are friend!

Too much of it out there starts looking a bit like

giphy.gif

It annoys me when two fighters touch gloves or hug it out in the middle of a freakin fight. I just feel like it takes away from the intensity of the fight when they are overly respectful to each other.

In my opinion, a simple touch of the gloves before the fight starts should be it. No touching gloves or hugging in between rounds or during the fight.

Take all the time you want to show each other respect after it's over but don't do that shit during the fight.

What do you guys think, does it bother you or you don't mind?

My thoughts from earlier today:
Not really a fan of the final round hug trend. Save that mushy shit for the end

I was disappointed in Wonderboy's demeanor. He is the #1 ranked contender, and had to fight the #8 guy in his home town. Till wasn't crazy rude, but wasn't the most respectful guy in the lead up to the fight. Then Till misses weight... and Wonderboy is acting all buddy buddy in the cage??? GTFOH! He should have felt disrespected and seeing red when he went in there with Till. Instead it was all smiles and laughs, hugs and kisses. The fight wasn't the most exciting, but IMO the friendliness was much more disappointing than the style of the fight.

You just know it's going to a decision if they're high fiving during the round. So yeah, I hate it.

Back