Torn between who to root for: Poirier or Alvarez

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Anyone else feel the same way? Big fan of both men, real veterans of the game.

Eddie, who's fought in every relevant promotion and is arguably one of the best LWs ever to do it.

Or Poirier, who's really starting to put everything together with his wrestling, BJJ, and boxing.

Both men are game as fuck, very skilled, and bring it for the fans. I dunno who to root for and if I can even pick between the two.

Let me make it easy for you..... Alvarez, cause he needs your support.

I have no favoritism towards either man, but I'd bet the house on Alvarez winning.

Eddie cause he’s older and has less time left. Also cause poirier is kinda fake. Goes from yelling at the fans for booing Eddie to calling him Edward and saying he’s too afraid to fight him

Double KO.

Both gatekeepers now with no chance at winning the belt anymore.

Not really a "fan" of either. I just want to see a good scrap and these two will certainly deliver.

(Now that I said that watch Alvarez pull an Eddie/Pettis)

Poirer because Eddie landed blatant illegal strikes last time.

I like Alvarez better. Personally just not a fan of Poirier

Poirier is a good dude and easy to root for, but I'm always rockin with my boy Eddie.

When I was really getting into mma in 08 his run in the DREAM lw tourney was amazing. Really solidified me as a fan.

Poirier because he didn't talk smack then get easily whooped by Conor.

remember that shit fight eddie gave us against mcgregor. it's easy. also eddie landed that illegal knee against dustin. also 90%+ of his performances were trash in the UFC. dusting has constantly gave us fights worth watching

I'm with you. The last fight had potential to be great until that illegal knee. I felt like the first one was ok, but the second was clearly illegal. Should've been a DQ. Dustin is on a tear right now and I'd like to see him get another crack at the belt. Eddie is easy to root for, but he was gifted that NC. Tough to pick, but I want Dustin to win a little more than Eddie to atone for the knees.

Poirier is a good dude and easy to root for, but I'm always rockin with my boy Eddie.

When I was really getting into mma in 08 his run in the DREAM lw tourney was amazing. Really solidified me as a fan.

Remember watching his fights on HDNET. I became a fan of Dustin after Fightville came out.

I'm with you. The last fight had potential to be great until that illegal knee. I felt like the first one was ok, but the second was clearly illegal. Should've been a DQ. Dustin is on a tear right now and I'd like to see him get another crack at the belt. Eddie is easy to root for, but he was gifted that NC. Tough to pick, but I want Dustin to win a little more than Eddie to atone for the knees.

Fair post!

Back