Torn between who to root for: Poirier or Alvarez

remember that shit fight eddie gave us against mcgregor. it's easy. also eddie landed that illegal knee against dustin. also 90%+ of his performances were trash in the UFC. dusting has constantly gave us fights worth watching

My man Toco always has tough standards

Remember watching his fights on HDNET. I became a fan of Dustin after Fightville came out.

I always have a soft spot for early morning jmma streams from those days. Fightville is one of the best mma docs, one of the reasons I've been rooting for Derrick Krantz to get a shot in the ufc as well, though he is much less skilled.

I hate people who say shit like this

Maybe don't throw the fucking illegal knee in the first place

Agreed. I'm going to say poor decision making as he was probably concussed when he threw it.

I always have a soft spot for early morning jmma streams from those days. Fightville is one of the best mma docs, one of the reasons I've been rooting for Derrick Krantz to get a shot in the ufc as well, though he is much less skilled.
The director is making Fightville 2

Lol you shouldn't watch combat sports if that bothers you
Doesn't bother me. I just can't be a fan of someone who talks big shit and flops miserably. He even made up some bullshit "violence belt" and claim it's his title.

Wont disagree it was illegal but Eddie doesnt have a history of being a dirty fighter if memory serves
True. It just seemed when poirer was picking up the pace in what was a pretty even fight before it happened those strikes were landed.

I’ll have to rewatch it again to see if that is what I remembered. But seemed like that at the time.

I vote for this guy. He likes to watch people hurt each other for his entertainment.

<{UberTS}>

YEAH!

After the free ONE FC app, I barely stayed awake long enough to watch Shinya Aoki's bout, and I can't remember what happened exactly or who he fought. All I remember is Shinya got the sub.

Doesn't bother me. I just can't be a fan of someone who talks big shit and flops miserably. He even made up some bullshit "violence belt" and claim it's his title.
They all do that at some point. Some duck, some make up fake illnesses to avoid defending, some use PEDs, they talk shit and try to reestablish their brand.

After the free ONE FC app, I barely stayed awake long enough to watch Shinya Aoki's bout, and I can't remember what happened exactly or who he fought. All I remember is Shinya got the sub.

Lol I always try and catch the actual youtube link and throw it on my desktop and rewind it at my leisure. That app is awesome though. One streams used to be damn near impossible to find.

Eddie is always game but I think Poirier takes this scrap. Diamond showing his many faceted game!

My man Toco always has tough standards
I mean, he KO'ed RDA and had that nice performance against justin. his first round against cerrone was nice but then he got trashed.then you have

gilbert and pettis. HORRENDOUS FIGHTS. he resorted to wall n stall or lay and pray mostly, it REALLY sucked. then the RDA fight I already mentioned, the mcgregor one , dustin (that he was getting beaten up until when on zombie mode he landed a strike) and justin. that in the ufc. before the ufc he may have been exciting, but that just wasn't the norm in the ufc

I like both and may the best man win. I just hope this fight has fireworks like their first bout.

Poirier cuz the illegal knees last time. I like Alvarez too though

I mean, he KO'ed RDA and had that nice performance against justin. his first round against cerrone was nice but then he got trashed.then you have

gilbert and pettis. HORRENDOUS FIGHTS. he resorted to wall n stall or lay and pray mostly, it REALLY sucked. then the RDA fight I already mentioned, the mcgregor one , dustin (that he was getting beaten up until when on zombie mode he landed a strike) and justin. that in the ufc. before the ufc he may have been exciting, but that just wasn't the norm in the ufc

Yea it's fair criticism, but I can understand why he went with those game plans. He needed wins to justify a title shot although they were hardly dominating performances, but like I said I understand why he did it.

I am rooting for Porier but I really like them both. I feel that Eddie's had his chance and is on the decline while Dustin is on his way up.

Spoken like a casual

Exactly..

If a fighter isn’t the current champion or someone like Conor or Yoel... Some enigma type fighter, then they are washed up, gate keeper, has-beens... it’s one of the stranger mma phenomenons..

If you loose a fight, you’re worthless... very strange thought process.

Rooting for Poirier, wanna see him get a crack at the title

Back