Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It goes

1 Miocic
2 Velasquez
3 Werdum
4 Overeem

Then a huge gap between overeem and ngannou.

If reem doesnt get KO'd you'll see it.

Doesnt mean ngannou doesnt have a huge chance of winning cos he does. Overeem is better though.

Miocic will not be champ for too long. Highly overrated.

Ngannou will close that gap by beating Overeem on the ground in a surprise submission.

Werdum vs Harris was sad.

On the other hand, Tybura showed that he can perhaps hang in near future, who knows.

I dunno

Ben%2BRothwell%2BKnockouts%2BAlistair%2BOvereem%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B50.gif

It goes

1 Miocic
2 Velasquez
3 Werdum
4 Overeem

Doesnt mean ngannou doesnt have a huge chance of winning cos he does. Overeem is better though.

Overeem has "better skills" but if Ngannou has a beard on him and pressures Overeem he can definitely overwhelm him. Better skills do not necessarily make you the better fighter, especially at HW, toughness, power, heart can make up the difference.

Aside from that your point is valid.

Ngannou will close that gap by beating Overeem on the ground in a surprise submission.
When was the last time reem was subbed?? It was over a decade ago by werdum. And thats the only time. Reem sub/ground game is highly underrated. If anything i think reem will take it to the ground

Skill-wise the next best 3, Rothwell, JDS and Barnett, are all suspended right now. HW is pretty brutal to watch right now. UFC needs to start poaching some of the young Russian heavyweights like Sergey Pavlovich and pay off USADA so that they pass their tests.

11 years ago against Ricardo Arona.
That was a sub to punches. Should of been a tko. Anyways if u count that one hes only been sub by werdum and arona two of the best bjj in hw mma history

That was a sub to punches. Should of been a tko. Anyways if u count that one hes only been sub by werdum and arona two of the best bjj in hw mma history

Which is why i went with the "controversial" prediction. Since many are predicting KO/TKO.

Nah, Ngannou can and will KO any of them. Werdum's striking looked horrible vs Tybura. Ngannou would have put him away. We don't know where Cain is at. Overeem is very skilled with a Glass chin. Stipe seems to be pretty complete at this stage.

Ngannou is just a different level of athlete to these guys though.

Overeem is always a shot away from winning or losing, a strange fighter to watch.

Would have loved to see Derrick Lewis fight Werdum to see where he stands in the division

Overeem is the best striker at HW, but he gets rattled so easy then he stops moving, back to the cage. If ngannou lands a good shot, he could easily finish Reem against the cage. That said, i'll still take Overeem in this one.

I think Ngannu is going to take it. Overeem always seems to implode against aggressive pressure fighters.

It goes

1 Miocic
2 Velasquez
3 Werdum
4 Overeem

I agree with your top 4, but logically the order would have to be:
1 Miocic
2 Overeem
3 Werdum
4 Velasquez
seems a little foolish to argue otherwise based on recent wins.

Overeem is always a shot away from winning or losing, a strange fighter to watch.
This is what I’m thinking.

Put him in against JDS or Big Ben again and who knows what happens. He’s not the best example of a top fighter being leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the pack.

Being as though Cain hasn't fought since 2011, he really doesn't deserve to be ranked in the top four.

Back