Top 4 heavyweights are so far above everyone else

Nah, Ngannou can and will KO any of them. Werdum's striking looked horrible vs Tybura. Ngannou would have put him away. We don't know where Cain is at. Overeem is very skilled with a Glass chin. Stipe seems to be pretty complete at this stage.

Ngannou is just a different level of athlete to these guys though.
Ngannou's athleticism is overrated. He's huge and powerful, but he isn't particularly quick or explosive.

The most athletic guys in the UFC are guys like Romero, GSP, Dodson, OSP, etc.

Ngannou's physical advantages are his size and power, he's athletic but not amazingly so.

Ngannou will smash him and then lets see if he can deal with Stipe.

Ngannou's athleticism is overrated. He's huge and powerful, but he isn't particularly quick or explosive.

Ngannou's physical advantages are his size and power, he's athletic but not amazingly so.

Right but has there ever been a heavyweight as fast and explosive as any of those guys?

I think forget the title. the title is such a crap shoot in the ufc these days anyways.

they could introduce tourney trophys similar to PrideGP.

It gives enough marque event PPV for the UFC to use, helps setup fights/storylines to drive interest and build up new fighters, and keeps divisons moving/interesting.
Agreed. Would be awesome.

HW is quite unpredictable. A good shot can put anyone asleep.

Ngannou can indeed knock anyone out, but does he have the skills to pull it off on regular basis?

Right but has there ever been a heavyweight as fast and explosive as any of those guys?

As the guys I've named? No.

Guys who come to mind as far as being very athletic HWs would be Brock, Randleman, Fedor in his heyday, and guys like Mitrione, JDS, DC, and Cain.

Francis is a gigantic and powerful HW, but I'm not sure if he's some kind of next-level athlete.

It goes

1 Miocic
2 Velasquez
3 Werdum
4 Overeem

Then a huge gap between overeem and ngannou.

If reem doesnt get KO'd you'll see it.

Doesnt mean ngannou doesnt have a huge chance of winning cos he does. Overeem is better though.
Prime Cro Cop beats Overeem, prime Fedor beats Overeem, Ngannou will beat Overeem

It goes

1 Miocic
2 Velasquez
3 Werdum
4 Overeem

Doesnt mean ngannou doesnt have a huge chance of winning cos he does. Overeem is better though.
How is JDS not in that picture when he has wins over 3 of those guys LOL.....JDS might have been on a bad streak lately but he still can be champ fo sho

i predict ngannou will be the champ next year.

I guess athleticism is quite a murky word to use. Basically I think he has a physicality about him which gives him an advantage over the rest of them. I also think it's harder to look athletic once you get up to those huge weights.

Overeem is always a shot away from winning or losing, a strange fighter to watch.
Live by the sword, die by the sword. I can think of a few fighters like that. Mir and Manhoef for example.

Francis has that Cody problem he's beaten everyone a little to fast for him like a huge threat but you never know.

I see only one legit guy on that list who’s head and shoulders above the division, for now, and that’s Stipe...

Cain - MIA, when on he’s a stud, but when he fought Fab he fought dumb, so there’s a hole there in his gameplanning. He’s got a lot of wear and tear, who knows what we’re gonna get, if anything...

Reem - weak chin and he’s become a guy that hits and runs. That won’t work vs Francis...

Werdum - looks like age has caught up w him. He was slow and plodding in his last fight, no head movement, won vs Marcin bc of more creativity. There was NOT a huge gap bw him and #8 Tybura...

That being said I’m not saying I see much below that’s got a high ceiling: obviously Francis, I’d say Blaydes, and maybe Tai although it’s extremely early. That alone should keep the four mentioned top ten for a couple years w the wins they’ll get, but I believe they’ll have losses tho too...

It goes

1 Miocic
2 Velasquez
3 Werdum
4 Overeem

poor troll attempt

i leave this thread disspointed

also, pat barry not in the list?

Velasquez....
photo_1_d42406c5fb57303c078c47f0abb2dd27.jpg

poor troll attempt

i leave this thread disspointed

also, pat barry not in the list?

These are the top 4 heavyweights according to the ufc fighter rankings. Are your mother and father related?

These are the top 4 heavyweights according to the ufc fighter rankings. Are your mother and father related?
lololllll

i´m so high I thought this was a goat thread

sorry, my bad

also, i´m beggining to think my parents could be related

time to quit smoking pot...

Francis has that Cody problem he's beaten everyone a little to fast for him like a huge threat but you never know.
Cody is a perfect analogy for Ngannou now that I think about it. But the question is: Does HW have a TJ? Stipe could be it, but we'll see.

Back