Too many troll threads theese days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have troll threads than prime A vs B, Fedor, Pride was better, etc threads.

I beg to differ. I like threads that are trivial (to us old schoolers...) but well intentioned. Troll threads need to die, if they aren't funny. I like funny trolls. I don't like trolls who aren't making any effort.

Mods need to either step up or make a new ufc forum for only legit discussions. Any trolls or troll threads/posts should be immediately removed and the user yellowcard'd. If they do it multiple times=ip ban

Step up...? You don't think we do these things you have listed already? I spend lots of my free time trying to make this place better for the users that are in it. You can't see what we do. 100's of threads are removed & trolls are dealt with. We have channels to follow & when you are dealing with such a large number of users/ threads not everything can be instantaneous. The mod team here is very good considering the amount of shit that happens.

I see that my thread was moved, which is okay, as it obviously isn't related to the UFC or fighting. I just wanna make it clear that my intention by posting it in the "heavies" was to get as many opinions as possible. No one reads this sub forum.

We'll try. It is a bit different these days as opposed to the old board. We can't see everything so make sure to report it if it's something really silly. Sometimes a stupid opening post will also turn into an interesting thread with good discussion. So a title will look bad but not be as bad inside, unfortunately the opposite also happens.

Just keep trying to contribute with good convo and posting and that will help more than anything imo.

if there's any subject in particular or group of users that are hurting the forum these days, please let us know what you think it is. If you don't feel comfortable putting it here you can pm us.

Step up...? You don't think we do these things you have listed already? I spend lots of my free time trying to make this place better for the users that are in it. You can't see what we do. 100's of threads are removed & trolls are dealt with. We have channels to follow & when you are dealing with such a large number of users/ threads not everything can be instantaneous. The mod team here is very good considering the amount of shit that happens.
Would it not help if you guys had more mods? There are plenty of solid posters on here if thats the case. IT sounds like you guys just have your hands full and more mods could be better (as long as they are actual good ones that don't go troll mode/abuse power).

I know I'm responsible for my posts but I got tagged in here and didn't realise it was the support subforum

true story :D

OP is a huge wmma fan

OP is a woman.. only took me a few years to figure it out. xD

I think so. I'm not longing for the days where people got banned left and right, but this is getting ridiculous. It's literally troll thread after troll thread.

I post in most of them, so I know.

Yea I've notice that we have extra freedom for "stranger" topics if you will.. some can be fun and others are just full of shit posting, I don't know I wouldn't want to go back in time to much.. so maybe just clean it up a tad but don't go overboard.

stupidity and troling generates interest and clicks so banning these people wouldn't be good for the business.

It also generates disinterest and reduces clicks.

I've been here a long time, and the whole place has gone significantly downhill for about a year or so, IMO. I think it's going to reach the point of no return and the whole thing will become a War Room-level shithole, if it doesn't get reeled in before long.

I'm not sure I'll have the patience to stick around until that day, though.

I don't mind the occasional one if they're funny but most people on here are about half as witty as they think they are. It's just people looking for attention.

I don't mind obviously silly/funny threads. Even if they aren't as funny as they think, it's not so bad.

But the ones where people post stuff they know is stupid bullshit just to piss people off and start fights, so they can feed on human misery, suck.
The "fake story" game is also shitty. It desensitizes and causes people to disbelieve and act like dicks in all 'personal story' threads, because wolf has been cried too often, and it's hard to believe them anymore.

I keep hearing this same thing, every time there's a discussion about frustration with the trolling level.

I find it very, very hard to reconcile with personal experience.

I report things sometimes, but less and less these days, because I've found that nothing ever happens.

See obvious, obnoxious trolling.
Report it. Sometimes even explain it, point out the tipoffs, point out the other instances of it the same poster has been doing.
Check to see if there's any mods online. There are. Wait. Nothing happens.
Go to bed or to work. Check back later.
NOTHING
Thread not locked, not moved, offender not carded. Jack.

Admittedly, I don't remember to follow up and check 100% of what I report, but more often than not, I do.
I think it's been over a year since I've seen anything happen to a troll I've reported.

Would it not help if you guys had more mods? There are plenty of solid posters on here if thats the case. IT sounds like you guys just have your hands full and more mods could be better (as long as they are actual good ones that don't go troll mode/abuse power).

Maybe it would help to have more.
Or maybe the bigger problem is ones that already exist who shrug everything off.
Maybe tons of reports are getting tossed into resolved/cancel/close with no action by useless mods and the decent ones don't see them, because they've been marked as dealt with.

rb9lifltrokwnjwn8rsk.gif

It never gets tiring watching Ronda do the Texas Two Step

Maybe it would help to have more.
Or maybe the bigger problem is ones that already exist who shrug everything off.
Maybe tons of reports are getting tossed into resolved/cancel/close with no action by useless mods and the decent ones don't see them, because they've been marked as dealt with.

I think just about any mod here enforces the rules we have here very well. See, there's rules... And there's the arbitrary definition of trolling. Not everyone's definition is the same. A lot of times what one person constitutes as trolling may not be against the rules. If we did a sweeping generalization of trolling based off of the collective opinion of sherdog and enforced it off of that, half the forum would be banned.

Rest assured, if someone is going out of their way to be disruptive and their sole purpose is to shit post and and give nothing of value to this forum.. They get dealt with.

Just ignore all the circlejerk platinum fans, legion of groove, mcnuggets and it will be 300% better. You won't miss anything.

I probably only post on here a couple of times a day at the most now.

I found this place was always pretty low brow/low lifeish. Was a bad influence tbh, found myself acting in ways that were directly a result of reading and posting on here.

The sites 90% douchebags and trolls. There are better sites.

I don't miss the days when that Pleb Nostromo would ban you for everything.

Hopefully we'll get more stuff. Again, good posting is the best cure to help things. Hopefully we'll get clear rule breaking and the better posts will bring good convos. The site always seems better to me personally when i'm not just reading.

Not much more to say right now so i'll close the thread for now. If anyone has anything more that is important pm us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back