Too Many Mods in the Mayberry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can agree with making the Music Section a sub forum within Mayberry.

That being said, I don't think we'll be splitting up Mayberry anymore than that (Movie Section, Comic Section, etc.)

Maybe if people made more threads and posted in them in PM and the Music forum they would be a little more active?

You can't complain about a forum being inactive and then make any and all threads in the Mayberry instead. Certain topics belong in certain subs... the more threads people make in those, the more other posters will contribute to the traffic.

make them more active by posting in them you say?! well thats pure insanity!

I believe that by making the sub portals main features of the Mayberry it would become more peoples home page, and make it a more attractive destination to stay in, as well as boost all of the subs. Might even be able to retain allot more casuals from the heavy's. As long as the Mayberry has the ''funny and intelligent" mantra going for it everything should be just fine. Also would boost @BAM 's forum, as I would start and maintain threads in there like a mofo.

Also, @Dragonlordxxxxx deserves his own website let alone a dedicated forum. imo

make them more active by posting in them you say?! well thats pure insanity!

I can understand that logic, but I have put together a couple of music threads, and due to the lack of interest I don't have the incentive to create and maintain Pulitzer prize level threads, and besides that, there are several sub categories that cannot exist on there own, but could easily be boosted through a dedicated Mayberry link if positioned right. Perhaps even having an active thread scroll, rollover option for each. That would be amazing. imo

i understand the ask but i dont think people understand just how many threads that arent on topic in regards to being posted in the proper forum get deleted constantly. if there is a separate sub forum for something at present its because its been determined it presently has the needed traffic to support its existence. if people have interest in the topic you want a redirect for, they most likely also already know about the proper forum it would be located in.

It's just like I tell people who complain about their OT style threads moved from the Mayberry to the OT. It's either that or they get deleted.

If people want to make OT style threads that aren't appropriate for the Berry, then do it the OT and the OT will get more traffic.

I would use the music forum more if 90% of the threads didn't just repeatedly crash because they can't handle all the embedded vids.

I would use the music forum more if 90% of the threads didn't just repeatedly crash because they can't handle all the embedded vids.
Have staff there not stickied spoilering all video uploads to ease page loading? Thought that came up last year...

@Exi-Meta-Tran-Man

Exi-poo, z'up dawg. I tried promoting a new posting system last year that in effect complemented what you're on about here, but beside HI and Smokin' Jack, there was neither interest nor support for it.

Might be a hang-up of XenForo itself, but it had potential to reduce Mod overhead, to my thinking, and also get everyone posting material where it need go.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/freedom-of-forum-surrender.3377251/

@Exi-Meta-Tran-Man

Exi-poo, z'up dawg. I tried promoting a new posting system last year that in effect complemented what you're on about here, but beside HI and Smokin' Jack, there was neither interest nor support for it.

Might be a hang-up of XenForo itself, but it had potential to reduce Mod overhead, to my thinking, and also get everyone posting material where it need go.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/freedom-of-forum-surrender.3377251/

We are missing something.

Edit; XenForo/Zend Framework both written in PHP should would not restrict anything we are talking about.

This would most likely be a issue around strategic vision, economic reality's and implementation timelines, as much as, or more so than, hard data that may, or may not support our opinions.

Last edited:
Oh shit, this thread has been kicked to the support forum. Missed opportunity imo.

If you made interesting threads it won't get moved.

Same tbh. There's some threads id love to view, but fuck that. It messes up my computer too much.

To be honest there are plenty of sub-forums that could be linked as I have suggested. They would all get more play and boost traffic to the Mayberry and the site overall.

If the mods need help setting this up I will volunteer to do it for them pro bono, all I need is access to the admin panel for a couple of minutes and I promise everything will be just fine.

@Tachy @BAM @Augustus Caesar @shonuf @Inverse @Jackonfire @Lethal @Dragonlordxxxxx @Slobodan @Buffaloed @Homeless Infant @Arkridge @bigwaverider @Bullitt68 @Captain Davis @chunglii @Coach_Jason
@D.R.H. @EOW @equus @jeicex @Lead @Madmick @Ronwah @RR @Revolver @Ruprecht @Sinister
@Tooth and Nail @TeTe @Zankou

I'm just here so I don't get fined.

Can we please move this thread to the Music forum?

P&M and Music forum might get more actives than the Heavies but no where near the Boxing or Mayberry forum. I
P&M got ruined by those girl vs girl poll threads.

@Captain Davis
The scary part is when there gets to be to many snowflakes, they combine
latest

[QUOTE="jefferz, post: 127730007, member: 344297"]P&M got ruined by those girl vs girl poll threads.

@Captain Davis
The scary part is when there gets to be to many snowflakes, they combine
latest
[/QUOTE]
<DrakeLaugh>

Don't click on them lmao! They're the best thing going on the dawg right now.

This thread was way better in Mayberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back